Spoiler A Crowd of Evil Spirit Lines up to Confess to Me (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Karry, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    万千厉鬼排队表白我

NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-crowd-of-evil-spirit-lines-up-to-confess-to-me/

Copy & Paste from NU page:
    Since childhood Gu Wu Ji has regularly encountered ghosts and one day was involved in an infinite world of terror, just– I treated you as an evil spirit, why do you want to hug my thigh?

1. 1V1 main cp, ten thousand people(ghost?) charming shou x elite villain boss gong
    2. Probably an infinitely flowing supernatural background with a relaxed su in a cheerful article
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I wants to know the whats!!
    From what I've read so far, the premise of the story seems really interesting! Especially with how calm the MC is when handling every single situation he's facing.

Heungbo, Izn, midnight reader and 6 others like this.
  2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhen_Qing and lazynoodles like this.
  3. Rucce

Rucce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is still on-going danmei and it's very interesting! MC is the most baddass among all :blobsmilehappyeyes:

ML is the MOST BIGGEST VILLAIN in all the arc. Though currently it is still unsure which one is the true ML or whether all the BOSS in all the arc are parts of ML.

mmem, Zhen_Qing, mereumsama and 2 others like this.
  4. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this novel. Still ongoing translation but they update the raw version very frequently. :aww::aww: So many BOSSes falling in love with MC but the true identity of ML is still a mystery. :hmm:

Heungbo and Karry like this.
  5. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MMMMMMMM JUST WHEN I FORGOT ABOUT THIS YA'LL BROUGHT IT BACK UP TO MY VISION

6. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, while I only ever got up to the second arc, ML whom I am 1000% sure was the ghost baby, was super cute and hilarious.

7. AlieAHey

AlieAHey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is MLT easy to read?

8. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty easy to MTL.

9. AlieAHey

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Gonna MLT my way through this!

10. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls spoil us some ch summaries:notworthy:

11. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Second game? Copy? - from what I remember.
    Master Gu was part of a crowd who was sent to a hotel to find out its secret. He and the other guests find that they’re staying with a bunch of ghost workers and a ghost baby. At first the baby was hostile but then was tamed by the sincerity of MC. Their aim was to go up to the third floor and finally found what happened to the hotel. Everyday someone one would be killed, wether it’s the ghost workers or the participants of this copy (game?)All this while MC made friends with the ghost baby and thru him, the others ghosts as well. Turns out villain was the guy he roomed with whom he thought was a player but actually the big villain in the (game? Copy?)hotel who is out to kill them all. Somehow he managed to get the rest of the hotel people who previously died to go after the fella. Then they were free to leave the game (copy?). The end of it was the baby as an older boy looking on from the third floor (after devouring the evil spirit a.k.a villain) vowing that they’ll meet again.. :blobpopcorn:

Love this story but it’s still not yet finished at ch 120++ means moar stuff for me to read. :aww::aww:

Dragon_Reader, Heungbo, Izn and 8 others like this.
  12. 801yan

801yan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know which chapter ML meet again and not just in the world story game? or ML can show up in the original MC world?

AlieAHey likes this.
  13. AlieAHey

Reading List:
    Link
    As far into the story as I am, which is not much, I can’t tell who is the ML. So until it becomes clear, pick your favourite guy and get ready to cry if it’s not him who is the ML

14. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a effective yet potentially heartbreaking method
    sounds great let's adopt this strategy and hope i choose the right one haha :notlikeblob:

15. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is a mystery. Currently it seems to be leaning towards the first boss since he could appear in another mission so yeah.... best to pick your favourite boss guy and hope he’s the one. :blob_grin::blobpopcorn_cool:

Lilazeaf and Heungbo like this.
  16. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same. the first boss reminds me of the first potential maybe ml in to be a heartthrob in a horror movie :blobmelt:

Heungbo and AlieAHey like this.
  17. keinnan

keinnan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have MTL'd all that's available of this and cannot stop both laughing and dying of the sweetness of the MC and ML's interactions in every mission world.

Even though the summary says it's 1v1, we still don't know what the relationship between the different instance bosses are as they seem to be pretty distinct and antagonistic towards each other. The biggest hint we have so far is from the island survival world where the MC interacts with this illusion fog that's supposed to take the form of their most important person...and for MC it's this frightening looking ghost. However, MC who doesn't know the true nature of the illusion fog just treats it as any other ghost and doesn't recognize them at all (while everyone else is looking on in horror and confusion like wtf is wrong with this person loool).

Then in the vampire twins world, MC keeps feeling something familiar that's calling to him in the vampire castle which turns out to be not the hidden boss of the world as MC thinks at first, but actually...the coffin that was keeping him suppressed. The MTL got a bit confusing here, but from what I understood, the power of the coffin which feels really familiar to MC awakens a ghost that's always been attached to MC? (there are several instances where other people/ghost's POV sees a darkness around MC that's really terrifying). The ghost (which is the same one that previously appeared in the illusion on survival island) then saves MC from the two vampire twin bosses that both want to possess him, and then he says that it's not time for MC to remember him and MC passes out before waking up in the real world again with no memories of the ending of that scenario.

Most recently in the evil god world, there's a whole theme of whether MC's memories can really be trusted, and the pseudo-boss of that world makes a comment about how he met MC once before but MC looked different back then.

Taking all that into account with MC's "special physique" which has ghost-attracting qualities + super strength (there's a running joke of MC catching the hand of various ghosts that try to claw/maim him and the ghosts are like "...are you the ghost or am I?!?!!?" when he's stronger than them haha), I wonder if MC is actually possessed by a really high level ghost, but for some reason that ghost is sleeping/replenishing its strength, so MC just gets its buffs. There's also the fact that MC doesn't seem to have a family nor any memories of his childhood (did they all die/were murdered?!??), which also makes me think that there was some horrible event in his childhood that led to him incubating this ghost while having his memories of what happened sealed. If we consider that this is supposed to be 1v1, it's possible that the whole ghost mission system has to do with this main villain boss, and every boss that MC meets in the instances is actually a soul fragment or something of the main ghost's soul. And then there's the fact that paranormal events in the real world have had a marked uptick in recent years (at the same rate that players are being added to the ghost mission system??) ahhhh, I feel like all these clues are interlocking pieces in part of a grand whole, but just cannot figure out how lskdjflskaj

In any case, the missions so far (and my impressions of them!):

1. Reporters investigating a haunted house - (this boss is one of the most romantic and terrifying ones imho?? His power has to do with using other people's eyes, so MC never looks at him directly. There's a bit later when MC enters another mission in the same overall world, and MC gets pulled back into this instance while he's sleeping. MC realizes right away where he is and closes his eyes, walking down the staircase to where the boss is waiting for him :3 :3 :3 and MC ends up getting cajoled into giving the boss a kiss in a really sweet scene of him reaching out blindly and feeling over the boss's chest and up to his face and kissing him with his eyes still closed. The boss later breaks into the MC's current instance to fight over him with the boss of that instance and MC puts all his acting skills to the test to enact a scene of "I fell in love with you from the moment we first met but we are star-crossed by our circumstances!" while he's being hugged in the boss's embrace ahhhh)

2. Survive in the hotel for 5 days - (the "evil spirit" of this instance is a bb ghost that starts off blood-splattered and hungry for flesh...but then is tamed by MC and hilariously tries to make himself more tender and adorable so the MC will keep cuddling him d'awww. He also evolves at the end of the instance into a teenaged form that watches the MC fade from view and promises they'll meet again...)

3. Investigate the luxury cruise ship - (I love-hate this mission because the "passengers disappeared off the cruise ship" trope is one of the ones that creeps me out the MOST, but the setup of this mission and the side character introduced here is the beeeest. MC is the bodyguard of Auston, a rich playboy who is on this cruise bc he doesn't believe the ghost stories around it and is looking for some excitement in his life, and MC has to repeatedly save him from directly walking into the jaws of death as he is like "jeez why is it so cold, what a scam this luxury cruise ship is, their ac system is completely broken" meanwhile a ghost is about to eat him and MC has to punch them away. It ends up turning out that all the people on the ship are actually dead, including Auston who apologizes to MC for putting him in all those life and death situations before and sacrifices himself to save MC from the evil god that's the main baddie of the instance *sob*)

RL instance. Investigate what happened in the Cheng family villa - (MC actually ends up making out with this villain boss as a distraction tactic LOL but this comes back to bite him in the ass when the boss reappears later and thinks MC likes him while MC keeps apologizing for taking advantage of him and the room temperature just drops lower and lower as the boss realizes MC was not thinking in that direction at all...)

4. Survive the deserted island - (The backstory of this mission boss is one of the most tragic, my heart bleeds for hiiiiim.)

5. Find the truth of the mental asylum - (This is one of the few bosses that actually wants to kill MC and not just keep him with them. MC almost dies but thankfully completes the mission at the last second and escapes back to the real world.)

6. Mountain God scenario - (this mission includes another of my favourite side characters, and it hurts me deeply that he hasn't shown up again (yet?) I'm pretty sure we'll see him again as he's "infected" with the eye of an evil spirit which makes everyone avoid and distrust him except for the MC...and MC demonstrates that his ghost pheremones do not only attract villain bosses but also other players as this character by the end of this mission is pretty much ready to fight all comers (including this instance's boss) for him haha.)

7. Vampire twins scenario - (due to there not being enough female players, MC and several other male players get genderbent to fill the quota of half/half female to male players for this mission! This mission is full of lulz as the MC then takes this as an opportunity to polish his acting skills and proceeds to make all the males (unknowingly) and one female gay for him hahaha.)

8. Investigate the art studio - (this mission was ++creepy, but takes place in the same overarching world as #1 and #5 and ends up in a showdown between the bosses from those two instances as mentioned in my notes on the first mission. MC also activates his SSS level skills of turning people gay for him and another high level player falls to his charms! The evil god from #3 that marked MC earlier also sticks a hand in and they destroy this whole mission so no other players will ever experience it again lmao. MC also gets the option to explore the overarching world in more detail bc of this but firmly rejects as he's not looking for death!!)

9. Mermaids! - (this mission really confused me because the site I was reading this on skipped half the chapters in it x.x all I remember now are the adorable bb mermaids that started off wanting to eat MC but MC trains them up into obedient little babs. There was also a hilarious scene where all the ghosts in this mission are really benevolent towards MC and protect him so one of the other characters who has a ghost summoning power tries it...and the ghosts attempt to eat him lmao)

10. Summoning the Evil God - (this is my favourite mission so far? The whole mission story just felt very intricately self-contained and had a really satisfying ending ;w; I love it so much I actually don't want to spoil it??? sdlfjalkj.)

I might do more detailed summaries when I go back for a re-read later if anyone's interested!

18. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im interested in morr spoilers ~:blobowoevil:

Slowly reading this..im only up to island arc right now

19. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES.
    Shove more spoilers into this thread PLEASE!:aww::blob_pompom:

20. keinnan

keinnan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay! >:3

Island arc is one of my favourites! And also...one of the less scary ones...which I was very thankful for after cruise ship and the world within the mirror arc which kept me from sleeping for two nights sob