Spoiler A False Confession

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lucefer, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for sharing this :justabotheart:

DOHere and Vardalyn like this.
  2. cabelwillard

cabelwillard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after the breakup we'll get a chapter from Cervian's pov (Cabel's brother) and here's a rough translation of that part
    duke willard loved his first wife so much and even tho she was from humble origins, she also had a weak body but still they had to have a child who would be the successor of their family.
    so when she gave birth a child her health got even worse and to add to that the boy she gave birth to was sickly.
    3 years after that the wife died but before she did she asked the duke to make their child his heir but the duke couldn't bring himself to respond to her.
    Family members pushed the Duke to get married again and have another child cause they all expected cervian to die. and that's how the second wife was brought in and cabel was born.
    but Cervian lived. he was sickly but he still lived. And eight after the coming of age ceremony he joined the officials in court, in the beginning he only joined because of the power of duke but he quickly rose in ranks because of his ability and became a minister.
    but cervian wasn't happy; not only his brother cabel was healthy he was also a rare genius and was talented in swordsmanship and he joined the Nickle Knights even before his coming of age ceremony. cervian remembered how his father would look at cabel with pride. he felt inferior to him.

Cervian woke from a nightmare and headed downstairs.
    "you're early again today, are you going out to train?"
    "....elder brother."
    he didn't know how Cabel could function with 4 hours of sleep everyday.
    in his nightmare he saw himself having a seizure but no one cared instead they all surrounded Cabel.
    cervian was never interested in swords but when he saw how his father looked at cabel with pride, he tried yielding one but his arms and shoulders ached after training for a bit.

Cabel rarely attended social events so in order to get close to him.Nobles would approach Cervian instead and ask about Cabel. But Cabel had been living in the Nickle knights building ever since he joined.

The Nickle Knights were always sent to rough places for campaigns but wars. But Cabel always returned victorious. Cervian couldn't understand how he could always return safely. what's all the fuss about? why should Cabel be cheered for in every celebration? Why did all the nobles look up to him?
    Cervian decided that he'd follow him in the next campaign.
    "I'll be going with you this time"
    ".....it's dangerous there"
    "are you saying that I won't survive? that I'll die over there"
    "No not that.... .The terrain is rough and there's high chance for ambush."

The knights kept looking at cervian and wondering why he was here. they always saw him at the palace so what's a minister doing here. but when Cabel arrived all gazes shifted to him. cervian didn't like it how the cabel took all the attention from him but mostly he hated how Cabel looked worried about him.

Cervian has read all the book related to war studied the terrain and put a plan of action for them.
    but things didn't go according to his plan and they were ambushed.
    at that time Cervian and for the first time in his life saw a person dying in front of him. all he had seen before was his mother's dead body draped by a white cloth. it was his first time seeing a bloody scene where people's organs were spilling and he couldn't take it he ran thru the woods and threw up while leaning against a tree.
    He turned his head back and
    .----those damn purple eyes.

The next time Cervian opened his eyes he saw his father's worried face. he was back at their mansion it seemed like Cabel had sent back.
    Everyone always thought that the brothers had a great relationship and now that the rumours of cabel taking care of him during war has spread. They were more convinced.

Cervian often heard if his mother from his father. his father had fallen in love with her from the first sight. Cervian didn't understand how someone could fall in love like that-.
    -That was untill the princess coming of age ceremony.
    "....lucia."
    Cervian thought that an angel from the sky that day and he had fallen in love with her from the first sight.
    For 5 years Cervian had been in love with her and since Cervian worked in the palace he had met her multiple times afterwards and often had friendly conversations with her. When he was with her he forgot about Cabel and his inferiority complex. He felt as if she had saved him from the darkness. The name 'Lucia' meant light and he thought that the name was made for her.
    "I am in love with you"
    Cervian had confessed his love for her.
    Lucia shook for a bit and cervian felt that even that was lovely.
    "What"
    But the words that followed were cold.
    "For you to be with me you'd have to be at least the next duke. Isn't it decided that the successor of the duke is Cabel Willard?"
    Cervian had always felt that lucia was his savior she had always made him forget about his complex ,she was his light that saved him. He felt that he won't be compared with Cabel when he was with her.
    He didn't expect his light to be the one to utter that name first.

A letter from the Nickle Knights has arrived announcing that once again they've won another war.
    "Father Cabel is returning victorious again."
    Cervian had made a decision.
    "shouldn't we invite him to dinner to celebrate."
    It was to kill.

3. cabelwillard

Reading List:
    Link
    this is mtl so some parts may not make sense I'll post the 2nd part later
    Caber Wallard was not stupid.
    "You're going to training early this morning."
    I wasn't stupid enough not to know that the eyes on me were full of envy.
    When I came back from the war, he stood at the very end of the parade and told me that I had worked hard, but I knew his eyes were stained with disappointment.
    I know that disappointment was caused by the fact that I came back alive again and that he thought that I should have died there.
    Since childhood, Cervian has always thought of me that way. One time when I was surprised to see him collapse. he gave me a resentful look. It was also a look of evil that said, "Don't feel sorry for me."

My father always took care of such my brother. The priority and attention was all on Cervian, and all the meals were also focused on Cervian.
    Cabel would sometimes get a strange look from his father, too. proud of him for showing his talent in swordsmanship, yet agonizing over it Little Carver couldn't have asked him why he was looking at him like that. After all be was the child of an unloved woman.
    His father never wanted a second wife, but he needed another heir, yet he was satisfied with Cabel's use.
    Cabel didn't know what to ask in the situation, so he ended up focusing only on swordsmanship, and as time went by, Cervian's anger grew.

Even though the next successor hasn't been officially decided yet. At the banquet, everyone surrounded cabel and showered him with praise.
    For the first time at that moment, Cabel thought that he wanted to escape, a thought that haven't crossed his mind even during war.
    Cervian's purple eyes had a cold look, yet he drew a smile with his mouth. And his father's eyes on the Cervian.
    Caber Wallard was not stupid. He knew his brother was jealous of him, and he knew that his father cared for Cervian and treated him (cabel) like a stranger.
    His father has always talked about his first wife but never of Cabel's mother.
    Cabel swallowed all his questions and eventually concluded that he was not at all curious.
    Cabel never once reacted.
    Was it because it wasn't worth reacting to?
    No, it was because of the fact that he didn't know what to do to resolve the situation.
    He felt like he didn't belong. If I go away, will this turn into a harmonious family? Should i continue attending these family dinners when there is nothing to talk about with them?
    Although nothing of his choice can solve this situation. Cabel was always plagued by questions.

In the end, Cabel lived out of his mansion since he became the leader of the Nickel Knights. Because every time Cervian looked at him, he looked distressed, so eventually he moved out.
    Since then, I've stopped by the mansion from time to time to time.Dining with them was a handful.

Then he became the heir to the Wallard family.
    Carver thought Cervian would be the heir, considering that their father cared for him more. but with the support of the aristocrats and relatives, the successor was finally decided to be Cabel.

I heard from servants that all the glass in Cervian's room was shattered that day.

Carver knew everything. He knew how his family felt towards him. What he didn't know was what to do with the situation.

He couldn't find the answer, and he regarded it as his own incompetence.
    No, more precisely.

I just couldn't let my family go.

"I heard you defeated the united kingdom* this time, and it's really great."
    He was no longer a child. He has seen the death of others, and has also taken lives by his own hands.

Bitter betrayal, treachery, deceit, meanness. He had seen it all.

So it wasn't surprising that one night at dinner I was poisoned by the food I ate.

That day was the day after he crawled back from a very difficult battle. I don't think a war is too hard. I thought I might really die at that time die. The enemy army was bigger and the terrain was rough. It was disadvantageous in many ways, and all the knights at that time said that being sent to this battlefield was like being sent to die.

I managed to come back alive from such a battle. But when I set foot in the capital, everyting became pointless as I faced the purple-eyed man staring at me again coldly at the end of the welcoming procession.

I didn't expect anything from them.

I saw something in his gaze. Why should I feel so uncomfortable in that gaze?

But a letter arrived from the mansion.

Having won the hard war and returned, it was an invitation letter from my father to celebrate me and have dinner with my family.
    But eventually, Carver came to the mansion and sat at the table with his father and brother.
    "gasp"
    I vomited blood.
    One moment, I was making small talk, and I suddenly had a hard time breathing, and I realised I threw up my blood.
    My hand was covered by blood from the mouth. My insides burned like a fire, and my organs were more sore than when I was stabbed in the abdomen.
    Even though with the pain, Cabel thought the situation was quite unrealistic.
    He thought that this was somehow an expected ending.
    That's the end I have hoped for.
    Would everything be all right if he disappeared from this family?

The answer to Cervian's endless troubles since childhood.

"Because of you! If it weren't for you!"
    "Huh, rapid. Hyuk."
    "Did it feel good to be honored by all the nobles? You thought you were superior, and got all the attention. I should have been the one to get all that attention!"

Cervian kept shouting in front of him, but Cabel couldn't hear him. Cervian's voice rang in his head, but everything he said sounded distant as if he was submerged.

2 pairs of purple eyes, looking at me.

Father's outward appearance, brother's hatred.

Cabel staggered to his seat. He tried to drink water, But Cervian knocked the glass off.
    He needed water.

It'sa relief that Cabel did not collapse immediately, he needed to find the antidote quickly.
    No, is that really a relief? Cab instinctively searched for water when he was beset by cruel questions.
    And then Cervian, who looked at him with disgusted eyes, and screamed.

"Even Lucia shows interest in you! You took away my light! Do you want to shove me into the abyss, so you could feel better?"

Has there ever been such a time where Cervian shouted this loudly? It was the first time I saw him like this.

4. Deleted member 265239

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the juicy spoiler :blob_plusone:

cabelwillard likes this.
  5. cabelwillard

Reading List:
    Link
    heres part 2. will upload part 3 tomorrow
    Cabel wandered in search of water, and Cervian rushed at him. As I stumbled and leaned against the wall, Cervian burst into laughter when he finally saw me fall down.
    Then he took out a sword and asked me a
    why i still didn't die. I managed to avoid the sword he wielded.
    "Stop giving me sickening glare!"
    I had a hard time breathing from the constant vomiting of blood. My mind was hazy, and I managed to avoid the sword just by instincts.
    Cervian hurriedly swung the sword, his movements were very predictable. In addition, that opened a gap in his defense.

But Cabel didn't attack him.

Instead, Cabel turned his eyes to the direction where his father was. And there he saw him, anxiously staring at Cervian.

The moment I vomited blood, he looked away from me.

When I was hesitating Cervian rushed at me with a sword in his hand. Cabel avoided the sword that pointed at him, and eventually he broke Cervian's arm. I was only going to stop him for a moment and go find the antidote. But if there is a mistake then.
    "Crrrrrrrrrr!"
    I was already poisoned, and the only thing I could think of was getting the antidote quickly. So instead of stopping the attack in a few rounds, I thought I should stop him at once and quickly.
    with an extremely simple conclusion and corresponding instinctual action.
    The sword struck Cervian's stomach.
    Cabel had cut down countless people during war,but this time, the feeling of a sword piercing his enemy was strange.

He ran through a series of strange thoughts. When the sword was stuck, Cervian stepped back, and the purple eyes that were filled with anger towards me.

Only in such a situation did my father finally get up and run. He hugged the fallen Cervian on the floor without even giving me a glance.
    Cervian never took his eyes off of me.

I watched as his eye grew distant and the purple eyes that look at me become murky. My father collapsed rights after.

I saw it all in his eyes.

It was a rainy day.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!
    His father and brother were scum of the scum. Hope they got their retribution.

7. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of father is that? After all Cabel is still ur son, pity Cabel. He really deserves happiness.

8. Lusine

Lusine 〖A little sweet, a little mischievous♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

Zayden likes this.
  9. bumtam

bumtam New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i read the novel
    Where can i read the novel?

10. cabelwillard

Reading List:
    Link
    Three years after that. Caber Willard was still haunted by that moment.
    They're tried to kill him, and they've never considered him as 'family'.But Cabel still felt guilty.

In the midst of that petty feeling of guilt and regret, he could not sleep on ever rainy day.

Cabel didn't want to admit it.To be exact, he thought he would never feel "sad" about them.

But he hasn't been able to set foot in Radovis, where his comatose father was for the past 3 years.

If it wasn't for him.

Since the incident, the Imperial palace intentionally has sent Nickel Knights to a more and more dangerous areas. Cabel looked at the knights alongside him that didn't deserve be punished. Because of him.

Cabel felt a slight sense of responsibility for them. If he had died at that time and Cervian had become the Duke, they would not have had to suffer this much?

Carver thought it was only shock that made remember that moment clearly. That moment he almost killed me, shock of betrayal.

But if you say betrayal, if you say shock. Does that mean I really believe them? I mean, really, did I really believe that they're only going to have dinner to celebrate me. Cabel's whole situation was funny.

Nevertheless, every rainy day, I feel like I'm sinking endlessly, and I'm getting sensitive.
    It's also proof that he felt the loss.

"You haven't gotten away with what happened three years ago, have you?"

(P.s this is a flashback from an earlier chapter where renee was helping cabel fall asleep on a rainy day and asked him this.)

But now he thought he could get rid of this loss. I have these green eyes looking up at me. I'm sure I'll find myself in those eyes. Cabel felt fine now because he had her hand stretched out to him.

I know you'll come to see me on every rainy day. You won't ask anything, and I'll grab that little hand of yours and smile.

But the day my father died, I didn't want to ask for Renesha to attend. That day breathing was strangely hard, but Cabel refused to admit it.

He cut down all the funeral processions in Radovis. Because I didn't even want to receive common condolences that they would go to a good place.

Even if it was a pretense, I didn't want to be the sad man that needed to hear words of comfort.

So, he thought his father's death was not in a situation to be "consoled."
    I remember he purple-eyes that at me.The scene where he grabbed the fallen Cervian and threw a look of resentment was vivid in my memory.
    But why.

"Did my attendance disturb you, duke?"

(P.s again this is a flashback to an earlier chapter during Cabel's father's funeral)

I couldn't stop you from coming, but I didn't want to be so helpless in your eyes.

I didn't say anything, in that moment I realized I wasn't alone anymore and that she was there for 'me'.

"I didn't call you because I didn't want to be comforted by you. I didn'twant to admit it to myself."

For the first time he faced his loss, and admitted that he was grieving. Even if they didn't treat him as a family, it's funny that he still saw them as a family.

Only after such admission did Cabel feel better. And he no longer felt that he shackles around his ankle.

But why?

"I'm going to gloria, I'll accept the saintess title."
    (This is the flashback to the breakup)

Why do I have to lose you, too?

Carver was in a miserable mood. He had noticed the strangeness from the moment he read the letter the knights delivered from the imperial palace to the entranceof the mansion.

They suddenly raised the tax rate of Radovis again. Even though, three years ago, the tax rate was lowered.

He did his own research and eventually found out.
    When Cervian tried to kill me, he talked about Lucia. And the sudden 'reward' for my contribution in the Ilknur campaign was a chance for an engagement with Princess Lucia.
    Cabel didn't care about it at that time, but now it seemed strange.
    Father's neglect, Cervian's attempt to poison me. Everything now made sense.
    The imperial family was behind it.

Cabel realized that Cervian was not the only one tied with the imperial family. FatherIt joined the contract as well. That's why the tax rate was lowered, and Cervian would have gotten engaged and married to Lucia.

(Basically they made an agreement; the imperial family can't stand cabel so they made an agreement; if Cervian killed Cabel the imperial family would lower the taxes on them and they would allow Cervian who would be the next duke to be with lucia)

But it ended in failure, and the agreement were buried, but now they're trying to hold him back using the conditions of those agreements.

But, the money itself was not a big problem for me. In the last three years, Cabel didn't even spend that much money. The rewards that accumulated during the period was more than the money spent. Even if he spent money, it was only for the Temple of El Nour.
    The imperial family knows that he is not one to love money. They also know his relationship with Renesha, So why is this shallow trick? It was clear.

To blackmail someone.

And that someone was Reneesha.

First they put the high priest who had raised her in prison, and unfairly dropped her childhood friend from Gloria. In this difficult situation, The imperial family's old contract with the Willard family came out.

Cabel said over and over again that he was fine. He can handle this situation himself, and even if the imperial family pressures on him, he can handle it.

So please don't let me lose you.

Why do they hold me back like this even after they died? I already lost them, But why do I have to lose you too? Why?

"We have to stop seeing each other now."

Cabel wanted to say no. I wanted to refuse. The pressures of the Imperial family are fine, I could handle it but I can't handle losing you.

He was more miserable than ever at this moment, and he felt powerless. I wanted to hold on you, even if I had to get on my knees and beg you.

"Don't say hello to me first when we cross paths, don't talk to me. Don't worry. So, treat me like a complete stranger."

-I thought you were going to cry.

".....".

You're saying that, with tears in your eyes like you're goingto burst into tears any moment now. In a daze, Cabel looked at Renee, he couldn't open his mouth because of how he felt.

The more she talk the more she looked distressed.

Cabel couldn't reach out to Renesha. A sudden gust of air blew and her hair cover her face but her eyes were still visible, He really liked her clear green eyes.

She is within my reach I move now and, hold her arm and tell her not to go. If I do that...

Cabel felt more miserable when tears started to flow from renee's eyes.

"That's it, our relationship ends here."

Forgetting how to breathe, he quietly looked at Renesha.

I couldn't even call out your name, I wanted to comfort you but I was tongue tied.

Renesha strode up to me. And before I knew it, she wrapped her arms around my neck. At the sudden act, Carver leaned in instinctively to make her comfortable.

But at the very moment when he was about to reach out and hug her back.

"So wait here."

There was more solidarity than sorrow in the weeping voice. With anger, misery, and hostility.

"I'll be back for sure."

Cabe had no choice but to look back at the retreating Renesha.

The snow of the day was the last snow to fall in winter.

11. Luna Nightwing

Luna Nightwing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh God Cabel's POV in the breakup scene is so so sad :blobsob:

He had suffered a lot. It's a relief that Our Renee bring happiness to our Cabel in the end. I just love Renee and Cabel more and more as I read more about them :blobxd::blobxd:

Low-key wish that the manhwa will show us a bit of how they do the deed LOL (am I being a pervert? Oh yes I am :blobamused:)

Thank you you for the spoilers. You and thhe others always make my day :blobcozy::blobhighfive:

12. Luna Nightwing

Luna Nightwing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To those who don't know yet, the artist of "A false confession" announced that season 2 won't be release in this year.
    Which means we will have to wait until 2021 for our Renee and Cabel to come back :blobcry::blobcry::blobsob::blobsob:

13. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Why dis so sad? Ma boy deserves happiness..

14. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
    Why di so sad? Ma boy deserves happiness...

Katsu_cfq and cabel_bae like this.
  15. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
    too pure. They're too cute:blobnosebleed:

16. cabelwillard

Reading List:
    Link
    mtl-ed the chapters 35-38

The Grim Reaper.

Among the numerous names and titles surrounding Cabel Willard, that title was the most used when describing him. A famous and scary man whose sword never stops dripping blood, and that rumor is even known in other countries.

He was a genius swordsman since he was a child, and he showed his swordsmanship abilities even before his coming-of-age ceremony.

Everyone was in awe of his genius,and most people who treated him trembled with fear when dealing with him. It was because of his tremendous deeds and triumphs in the wars he has fought so far, and also because of the impression he gave.

Palely white face and pitch black hair. An expressionless, non-human, impression that no emotion can be found.

Even in a war where no one could predict or expect victory, in the end he came back with the head of the enemy. The ones who were with him said they can't forget the sigh of him stood on a mountain of dead enemies, wiping his face off blood.

His talent was beyond human ability, Those who saw him wielding a sword said that he didn't seem like a human, he was more like a demon sent to the battlefield to slaughter.

The rumours surrounding him are getting worse, so much so that it's difficult to even speak in front of him. There was even a joke that a child burst into tears at the mere sight of the Duke's symbol.....It was because of that incident three years ago.

Cervian Willard. Caber's brother, his cold dead was found in the family mansion the day after heavy rain.

There was no sign of anyone breaking into the mansion that day and the family was having dinner together.But Cervian, was found dead at the end of the heavy rain, and to make things even stranger the duke had also collapsed that day.

No one understood the nature of the incident that night. The relatives who visited the mansion couldn't tell anything from Cabel's expressionless face. Yet no one dared to question what happened.

Moreover, at that time Cabel has just conquered a great kingdom and received their surrender letter, so no one could speak out their mind to him.

Cervian's funeral was so simple and that it could not be believed to be a funeral for a Duke's son.

For the next few days, Carver didn't seem to be coming out of the mansion, and then it was raining.

For a few days afterward, Caber seemed not to come out of the mansion, then headed to the Nickle Knights building on every rainy day. He did not rest in the mansion for a month afterwards. that seemed to confuse the whole nation even more, but no one dared to question him.

Later, when rumors and chatters died down, Caber emptied his mansion and left on every rainy day. No one knew where his destination was, but his actions only spread the mystery.

A strange and terrifying tale of blood dripping from the edge of the decorative swords in the mansion of the Duke of Wallard every rainy day.

"Sir, is the rumor really true?"

"The new recruits always ask this."

Today, three years later, it was a rainy day. It's raining so hard that the Nickel Knights can't train outdoors so all the knights come into the knights building and are talking.

A spooky atmosphere was created by the occasional loud thunder and lightening so everyonewas sharing ghost stories, and one of the knights suddenly asked if the leaders's rumord ghost story was true.

The vice captain of the NickelKnights, Tirack, thumped on his shoulder and told him "you've just finished your apprenticeship, Are you sure you can handle this secret?" But the knight just laughed at the somewhat mischievous tone.

The apprentice knights around them secretly listened to their conversation listened and with Tirac's behavior of shaking his hands, and saying, "This is really confidential," they grew more and more curious.

As the Vice Captain who had been with the captain for more than six years, they questioned him of whether he knew anything about the rumor. And with him saying it's "secret" and "no." It was clear that the vice-chief knew.

They've been really curious about the story for three years, and they're begging him to let them know if it's true or not.

Tirack leaned towards the knight slightly.

It was as if he was secretly telling a secret story and putting his index finger on his mouth. The faces of the knights filled with anticipation.

"You mustn't tell anyone about this."

Tirac said with his voice low and whispered stealthily. The knights nodded their heads at once, and he leaned more and more as if to draw everyone's attention. The Knights' faces are naturally close to him.

"Actually, I don't know either!"

But then he burst into laughter, and everyone was shocked and surprised by the way he slapped the back of the first knight who asked him, and then burst into laughter together as if he was dumbfounded.

However, only the knight who was hit on the back by Tirac was suffering from this pain, and others were in a uproar over why he set such mood.

"You're not children, do you believe that?!"

Tirack shouted and laughed at their childness.

However, it didn't make sense that the 'He' emptied the mansion every rainy day.

"But I'm actually a little curious."

And Tirac, who understands the feelings of those articles a hundred times, nodded affirmatively.

Actually, everyone was curious, but it's not like they can just ask if blood really drops from his decorative swords at his mansion. If they ask, he will stab the himself to show them the flowing blood, is what they thought.

In the end, they asked Tirac to take the lead and ask the captain himself, since he has been with him for over 6 years, so they thought the captain would most likely answer him if he aksed.

As soon as Tirac tried to hit these madmen, he heard a low voice behind him.

"If you're curious, you can come visit."

His voice was low and soft. All the knights, as well as Tirac, shivered and fixed their positions at once.

Knights who had been chatting together and creating a friendly atmosphere immediately stood up and lined up in a line.

Caber's dark purple eyes glanced at the knights. The knights were plagued by the desire to faint at that moment. Just in time, thunder struck behind Caber's back. As the thunder, which littered his vision in a second, subsided, Caber said to Tyrak.

"If you're curious, I'll invite you."

"Gwae, it's all right!"

Tirac answered in a loud voice that he was fine at the moment, and Carver stared at him with a dry look. Caber seemed to be playing a prank on Tirac, but his face was as cold as a sheet.

The knights' faces turned pale. In the end, the knight that first brought out such a topic came forward and said, "I'm sorry," adding, "I'm so sorry."

There was no change in Caber's face when he saw the knight coming forward. He just looked down at him with a cool face and said nothing.

When the silence lengthens and the knights all held their breath, wondering what Caber is thinking about.

"Blood....huh. Well that's not wrong."

That remarks again silenced the knights. In fact, they were not even able to interpret exactly what Caber said. They just stared at the floor with a white face.

Carver walked away again after he hummed at them dryly.

The knights in only relaxed after Caber left the building.

Caber noticed it, but didn't point it out. No, to be exact he didn't really mind.

"Go to the Temple of El Nour."

Carber, who got on the carriage and ordered the horseman, leaned back quietly.

Soon, he felt the rattling and moving carriage, and saw the rain pounding on the windows of the shaky carriage, reminded him of the conversations that the knights had.

Decorative swords dripping with blood.....

It wasn't a rumor I hadn't heard, but I didn't expect to hear it from the knight Division. Carver slowly closed his eyes. I didn't want to think about it, but I felt a little funny about it.

On rainy days he was always haunted by the event of the past.

Maybe the story of that blood isn't really a lie. I thought it was only visible to my own eyes, but is it visible to others?

Caber traced his memory at the mansion. No, it's been a long time since the mansion has already been vacated every rainy day, so it was pointless to remember. However, just as he did not go to the mansion on a day of heavy rain, it became a little ridiculous at the point that others did not want to give a glance to the duke house for that day.

Maybe it's really bleeding.

Caber sneered at himself.

At times, he was struck by the thought that he might have been better off dying that night.

The presence of the Hero Of Light and the Grim Reaper together in one era was enough to stimulate people's interest.

Abner's Prince with outstanding power, Elvinira Keshmir, who rose to the rank of leader of the Paladin knights and the crown prince of the Kashmir Empire, and Caber Wallard, the Captain of the Nickel Knight who swept the battlefields, were often placed in confrontation.

Since that day three years ago, Caber went out more and more frequently outside the empire, and at that time it's said that Elbinraz's power was awakened, and he was also sent to the battlefield. One was swept with blood, and the other was the light.

But Carver had no interest in such a situation. I didn't have anything to do with Elviniran Keshmir, Even if we were facing each other, we had to say hello once before passing by.

I found myself held in check by the Imperial family. There were strange and childish rumors of the confrontation between light and darkness, and I knew that Nickel Knight was repeatedly ordered to go to the rough places.

But Carver didn't care about it, and he only came back from winning the battle.

But sometimes, Carver was plagued by horrible questions.

Didn't you have a clear desire for life, but could you live? He was sometimes overwhelmed with feelings of regret or disillusionment.

If it was him, if it was them. Even though these were meaningless thoughts, Carver has not been able to escape from that for years.

No, did you ever try it in the first place? Whenever he saw those who flattered him and urged to take over the duke's position and to lead the nobility because the position of the head of the house was long empty, Caber thought of "him."

Wasn't 'his' life more meaningful than mine?

Everything was bothersome and meaningless for Caber.

Seeing those who were afraid of me but still tried to take advantage of my dreaded reputation, Caber thoughtlessly.

It would be better to see someone who is afraid of me and wants to do nothing, rather than those who smile at me, concealing the obvious inside.

And at the same time, there was one that came to mind. Looking at it, she always tried to hide her thoughts but it was plainly obvious.

She pretends not to be scared, but even if we just make eye contact, she jumps and gets scared. It was so obvious that she is trembling and her round eyes are opened widely, thinking about what she should say but her inner thoughts were plainly visible to me.

Caber was currently in a meeting with many nobles but he wasn't paying much attention to their chatter.

Come to think of it, I once woke up to the sound of something falling while sleeping there. She must have fallen asleep reading a book in the chair next to me, and it was the sound of her dropping it.

I just woke up to that sound and raise my body halfway to say that it was okay, but the priestess was startled and immediately kneeled and looked at me with eyes that seemed to cry,'I wake you up Mr. Knight but right now, but I can put you back to sleep right away, so would you please excuse my mistake?'

Remembering that, Caber's lips, whose chin was covered with his hand, smiled. It was a very short laugh, but the nobles in front quickly shut their mouths and looked shocked. Of course Caber didn't really care about them.

Her name is Renee, or Renesha. I had heard the other priests at the temple calling her 'Renee'. Renee, a small, petite priestess.

Now that I've seen her for about 3 years, I had gotten used to her, but she was always afraid of me. Despite living in an empire where wars are so frequent, she behaved as if war was a strange thing for her, even though there were hundreds of wars she had heard so far.

The day when I returned from war, I went straight, and because of that I looked more terrifying than usual, so I tried to be kinder to make for that. I overheard her talking to what seems a close friend to her about a 'customer'....

Somehow her being scared of me felt unpleasant. But it would have been weirder if she wasnt.

When I see her like this, so scared and wary, I wondered how long she would be afraid of the thought that she might die like this.

When I saw her flustered clear green eyes, it looks a little.... Well, it looks like a rabbit. No, a little smaller and more timid... a rabbit description seemed right because she's easily scared.

Then Caber suddenly had a question about why he thought this way. He turned his gaze forward and made eye contact with those who were still making shocked expressions because of what he laughed a little while ago.

It was likely to rain again this evening.

At times, Caber thought that the sleep he fell into was like death. Isn't it similar in terms of that fact alone? The series where consciousness is cut off by being locked in the darkness.

So, Caber got caught up in the thought that the moment when he fell asleep, the moment he tried to sleep to live, sometimes seemed to seek death.

But when facing you at the beginning and end of a sleep like death-

Only the candles lit up the room softly. There was no noise or noise, but Carver suddenly opened his eyes.

The only exception was the sound of the burning candle. Caber's gaze was familiarly turned to the side.

She could have just put ne to sleep and went out, but this priestess was always by his side. She seemed to stay next to me because she was worried that I would not be able to fall asleep again after waking up.

Sometimes, I would wake up after a while, and I could not sleep again only after so much difficulty, which was not the priest's responsibility.

But Carver didn't say that it out of the ordinary. Was it simply a nuisance to tell the priestess next to him that he could go out when he fell asleep? Or was it just a whim?

At the end of Caber's gaze, who raised his body halfway, the priestess was dozing off today.

The book she brought with her, knowing that she failed to read every time, was in her arms. It made mw think it would have been better if she brought a pillow.

Watching her, Caber became a little puzzled. She was worried that the book would fall, so she was holding it tightly, and only then Caber realized the reason for the action and almost burst into laughter.

In the quiet silence, Caber looked at her from the side. Obviously, even today, I still had the same question about my life until the moment I fell asleep.

If it were him, would he have suffered from insomnia on a rainy day since that day? Wouldn't it have been better if he had lived?

But facing you at the end of my death-like sleep when I fell asleep with such thoughts. I can't think of anything anymore, and just look at you for a long time in this silence, somehow that was more meaningful.

This incomprehensible time.

What the hell would I call this feeling?

Originally, Caber Wallard's succession to the duchy should have taken place three years ago. But when the succession ceremony was three months away, he was sent to a very tough battleground.

The aristocrats insisted that he should not leave for the sake of preparation because the succession of the post was not made in a short period of time, but Caber complied with the orders and left.

It was a war that might take as long as half a year, and even the famous Nickel Knights were nervous about this battle. But Caber Wallard is a great knight.

In record time and only after three months he returned victorious, the respect and fear for him rose to a higher level.

If he had been a duke at that time, he would have become the head of the nobility who would have made his name known throughout the empire and had enormous spiritual influence.

However, the ceremony was postponed because of the event on the day of the heavy rain, no one could ask the whole story, but there were a lot of gossip.

It was true that the Duke's house fell immediately, so it was difficult to proceed as it was.

Also, the whereabouts of Duke of Wallard's official seal was only known by the head of the family, who has collapsed, and no matter how many supporters or nobles he had on his side, he could not take his official position without the seal.

-Unless the head of the family dies.

3 years. For a long time, ugly rumors circulated. The imperial family rejected the Duke's petition and said that it was impossible without the official seal of the Duke of Wallard.

So there was a fearful rumor that Carver Wallard, angry at the situation, has been trying to kill the head of the family, his father, for three years.

While loyal to the royal family, the aristocrats tried to honor Caber as a duke to keep the rising power of the Imperial family.

So they constantly came to Cabel and asked them to take up the Duke's position and lead the aristocratic party, and some of them, 3 years ago turned turned their back on him and swore allegiance to the royal family completely.

The nobles were devided into two.

And Carver was surprisingly uninterested in such a situation.

He was still just as haunted as before by the same incident. If it was him, if it was them. The meaningless questions, which had been brooding overcfor thousands of times remained the same. Carver didn't give much thought to the any conflict surrounding him and he thought they were pointless.

So even when the imperial family had decided on a date for his succession, he was numb and didn't react much.

The nobles cheered and rejoiced, but Carver only went to the temple of El Nour that day to sleep. His insomnia got more severe than usual, and he felt exhausted.

But then an absurd order was issued from the royal family. Now there are two months left until the succession of the duchy, he was ordered was to conquer Vios.

The imperial family's claim that a small country struggling with economic difficulties should be punished and the territory should be acquired at this time seemed quite reasonable, but the nobles strongly protested.

The conquest would take at least two months. What if Caber Wallard was injured in the war? It was obvious that the succession ceremony would be postponed once more.

But Caber said he would go. In fact, it wasn't really a new order. On the way to conquer the small country, he sent Nickel Knights, the elite imperial knights, and, although there is not much left until succession, he ordered a campaign to cross the steep western mountain range.

But then Vios did something unexpected. They attacked the fortress in west borders, and first started a war. Of course, Carver did not see it as a battle, but after this the imperial family ordered the Paladin Knights to go along, saying, "The empire should subdue their rebellion."

When conquest was first ordered, Nickel Knights were ordered to go, but when they rebelled, they decided to send the Paladins together saying that they had to make them surrender to the light.

Caber simply laughed at the change of his position as commander-in-chief of the campaign that was given to Elviniraz Keshmir instead. It was an action with a clear purpose.

I didn't think about it much but Tirac kept questioning why my position got changed to vice commander instead, clearly it was enough to send Nickel Knights alone.

It was a campaign that made him feel very troubled by the obvious behavior of the imperial family, and he only felt bothered to leave when the succession ceremony was a short time away.

So he thought he wouldn't care about anything in a trip that wasn't worth to be even called a 'war'. The members of the Nickle Knights will not be seriously injured, nor will they be worried about the injuries as priests will follow them.

It's funny to see the nobles sucking up to me not to hurt myself.

But why?

"Oh, it has been decided that I'm going to join the Vios as a healer."

Why would you go to war when you're so afraid of war? Carver couldn't understand at all. Unconsciously, I frowned and the priestess infront of me seemed to get scred, but I didn't change my expression. Why the hell?

"Do not be a bother there."

The priestess made a little expression as if she felt disrespected at the words that came out harsher than I expected. However, as always, she controled her expression and said she would keep it in mind, and while seeing such changes, I felt unusually bothered.

Usually, watching her expressions change felt amusing, but at this moment I was bothered.

Battlefields, which I didn't care about at all, have been considered annoying since that moment. No matter how small Vios is, there are hundreds of soldiers who actually rebelled. And many will get wounded.

You've never seen an emergency patient in a small temple of El Nour, and it's the first time you've seen him on the battlefield.

You've never seen an emergency patient in a small temple of El Nour, and it's your the first time on the battlefield.

She'll see many wounded and would be be terrified of the blood. The western mountain range was rugged and prone to surprise attacks, so we didn't know if there would be any deaths. Although the priests were said to be the top priority, they could be swept away by danger and the problem was to see the injured in the first place.

It's funny that the scariest thing this priest has seen so far is me. On the day he came back to the temple as soon as he came back from the battlefield, her face turned white when she saw blood on my cape.

Caber was annoyed, and irritated.

Why do you have to go to war and see the rough side?

Carver never thought that it was rough, he had gotten used to it.

He felt annoyed that she would be heading there. Why did I care about this priestess?

Caber felt awkward and just brushed it off.

But why does my gaze always seemed to seek her?

She didn't fit in the battlefield, and she tries not to make it obvious that she's scared and afraid. Everytime I saw her, I felt strange.

Even though she was shaking, she stood in front of the injured person and tried to heal his knee, took care of her tired friend, and offered to help her a little since she had some energy left.

Carver was annoyed. If you're going to have such a hard time, why would you come? Any other priest could have come in her stead.

But was this annoyance really directed at the priestess?

No, isn't the truth that I'm annoyed by my own incomprehensible behavior and how eyes keep chasing her?

Carver faced the dilemma of not being able to answer again. He felt confused.

Why the help am I acting like that?

"Actually, it's my first time at war."

".......".

"Oh, of course, you said, it's nothing fitting to call it 'war'......., but I was just upset to see people get hurt like this right in front of my eyes."

That day I was unable to sleep due to insomnia again. In the end, I gave up on sleeping and just stepped out of the tent, and happened to catch the sight of the priestess.

I don't know why she came out this dark night. When I asked her, she seemed to be scared to face me, but in the end she answered clearly.

Carver again had an incomprehensible feeling, When I heard that answer I felt upset somehow.

I was confused because I wanted to ask her why she came to war in first place, but that would sound like a criticism. I felt anxious. I didn't know what how to answer her that's why I just kept looking at her.

However, as I thought of what to say, Renesha suddenly apologized to for seeming weak. I replied that she didn't have to apologise for being weak.

I just told her the truth, but her expression was strangely curious, But Carver was still thinking, What should I say to ease your worries? What kind of question would keep you awake until this early morning?

What should I say to get rid of this mysterious feeling?

"This is your first time in war, so you don't need to be overly conscious over the fact that you're unsettled when you see an injured person."

I didn't want you to be wary.

Carver was unfamiliar with what he said. It's something I can easily say, but it's the first time I've thought about it and said it out loud in a strange mood.

But at that time, She opened her eyes wide, and you lowered her head in embarrassment....and then smiled happily.

I felt my fingertips shake for a moment. For a moment, I couldn't tell what to call the feeling that had swept me away when I saw her smile.

But then what Renesha said forced Carver to harden his expression.

"Thank you for listening to me. Then I'll go back first. Mr. Custmor....Ah, No, I mean, D-uke, Duke......Sir knight."

It was just a minor mistake. However, the fact that he was called 'duke', or precisely that Reneesha had uttered the word 'duke' made me nervous.

It wasn't her fault. But what if she called me "Duke" somewhere else and got heard? Among the aristocrats, there were many cases in which they had to take enormous responsibility for their mispronunciation.

Rhe duke's succession has been put on hold foe years, and the rumours that maybe Cabel Wallard would kill the head of the house were all around.

In the end, Carver had no choice but to be cold. If you use such a title recklessly, wouldn't you get caught up in such rumors?

She is but a priest of a small temple, and if she is caught up in such a controversy, she might face frightening consequences as she is weak.

As I looked at her frightened appearance, and watched her flee.

Caber felt a sense of guilt, but at the same time he was still confuses.

Why do I always feel like that when I see her face?

-He was in denial.

It was a rainy day. It was quite natural that it would rain in the meantime, I had expected that it would rain few times during these 2 months.

Nevertheless, he could not stop the feeling of sinking down by the pouring rain. No, it's not new because it's always been like this. Yesterday, it rained at dawn just when I was about to fall asleep. I haven't slept for two days.

Having not been able to sleep well for nearly two weeks due to insomnia, it was inevitable that I felt exhausted.

That's why all of Nickle Knights kept looking at him throughout the hike today, and even the priests who were walking in front kept looking back at him.

Renesha, in particular, shuddered whenever their eyes met him. Then again, there was no reason for her to care about him.

Carver wished he had a drug that would force him to faint. Sleeping pills have long since lost their effectiveness and can't sleep easily.

How long will this insomnia torment me? Until the day I escape from the ghosts of the past?

Then I can't shake it off forever. Carver laughed.

But Renesha, who came to visit him in such a sensitive situation, Caber couldn't welcome her happily.

A little while, while sitting alone in the barracks after sending the guards off, he thought of her. But I couldn't call her over, it was already late and priests had to rest.

But when she came, she said she would put me to sleep in a very soft voice. When I tried to chase her away, she answered, "I can't sleep well because I couldn't get rid of the aftereffects of the direct attack."

Carver couldn't open his mouth. I felt like I had to say something, but it was hard to find the words to say.

And Caber questioned his own thoughts. Why do I feel sad about not finding words to comfort her? Why do I feel conflicted when I hear that that little thing has problems sleeping?

It was a sleep that I had barely fallen into. The sound of the rain was so close, and the lights on the barracks were dark that everything seemed to attract me to a nightmare.

I feel like I'm going to be swept away by the rain.

But I felt warmth spread beside me, the divine power around made it hard for me to open my eyes.

Only when the faint breathe started fading away that he woke up, He opened his eyes anxious, when he couldn't hear that breath properly.

The anxiety, the emptiness. How on earth should I explain it?

"Breathing sound.....".

Still in denial.

".........far away."

If it's like this, I'll end up holding onto you, even when I don't completely comprehend it, not knowing how the end will be. I could feel my hands twitching to hold her.

Nevertheless, the warmth was so clear that I couldn't let go. Cabel eventually leans in on to her in his haze, perhaps that was just an excuse for him.

"Stay close."

I decided to be greedy for the first time.

You always confuse me and put me in an incomprehensible place.

"I like you."

But even though I don't understand you, I still want to hold onto you.

"It seems like I've fallen for you, Sir knight."

Maybe if I think about it, I'll get the answer. But I don't want to, I want to believe it, because you've always been an incomprehensible person to me.

"I like your smile, your kindness and even how much of a great knight you are....."

What am I supposed to call this feeling that makes people so stupid?

I hope you don't see my rough side. The demon sent to the battlefield to kill. Is it too much to ask for?

I only wanted to show you beautiful things. I would do anything for you. To make you happy.

So, I.

"You."

Even though I know it's strange, and I don't understand it. I didn't mind it.

Thinking that, from now on, all I need is you and your voice.

I can't understand you, but I still wanted to be with you.

This feeling is making me become foolish.

You the one who I always face at the beginning and end of my sleep. How should I treat you?

I kept staring, I know we're in the middle of a war, but I still don't want you to see my rough side.

I mean, all those incomprehensible things, how am I supposed to explain that feeling? Why do I keep looking at you like that?

So, I.

At the end, embraced the foolish feelings.

"Because I like everything about you."

syofiaa, roseO, theliongirl and 38 others like this.
  17. Deleted member 265239

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

cabelwillard likes this.
  18. hannatokki

hannatokki Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. Love it so much :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: