Korean A fat guy became a pop star in the real world with the help of his character in a virtual game (BG)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Nancy Drew, May 8, 2022.

?

Would you like to read this novel?

1. Yes (I am a woman)

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes (I am a man)

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. No (I am a woman)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. No (I am a man)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Excuse me, my English is not very good. I am not a native English speaker.
    Роман Динамит 1 в издательстве Papyrus (D C Media).jpg
    Cover of the novel by Papyrus (D&C Media)
    Роман Динамит 2 в издательстве Hwansang Bugseu.jpg
    Cover of the novel by Hwansang Bugseu
    Роман Динамит 3 в издательстве Dream Books (Samyang).jpg
    Cover of the novel by Dream Books (Samyang)
    Роман Динамит 4 в издательстве Dicky Story.jpg
    Cover of the novel by Dicky Story

Name: "Dynamite".
    Name in country of origin: "다이너마이트" (daineomaiteu).
    Language: Korean.
    NU Link: none.
    Type: web novel (Munpia, 2007, introductory fragment), print edition (Papyrus (D&C Media), 2007), eBook (Dicky Story, 2011; Dream Books (Samyang), 2014; Hwansang Bugseu, 2014). The author is currently editing this novel for re-release as an eBook by Golem Factory. Perhaps Golem Factory is going to publish this book as a web novel on Kakaopage.
    Publishers: Munpia, Papyrus (D&C Media), Dicky Story, Dream Books (Samyang), Hwansang Bugseu.
    Number of volumes: 8.
    Author: Taeseon (태선) ("Chitra", "Doctor's Rebirth", "Dusk Howler", "The owner of the divine dragon").
    (Taeseon's novel "The owner of the divine dragon" ("The Dragon Master") in the Novel Pickup Request section of Novel Updates: https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...s-every-heterosexual-guy-on-the-planet.143469 )
    Genres: Shounen, BG Romantic Subplot, BG Harem, Bromance, Action, Adventure, Martial Arts, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi.
    Tags: Male Protagonist, Handsome Male Lead, Cute Protagonist, Famous Protagonist, Beautiful Female Lead, Weak to Strong, Slow Character Growth, Friendship, Brotherhood, Heartwarming, MMORPG, Virtual Reality, Neet, Genius Protagonist, Hard-Working Protagonist, Shy Characters, Timid Protagonist, Cowardly Protagonist, Naive Protagonist, Awkward Protagonist, Antihero Protagonist, Secret Identity, Gamers, Guilds, Level System, Sword And Magic, Appearance Changes, Personality Changes, Singers, Music.
    Age in South Korea: all ages admitted.

Why It Should Get Picked Up

It's an interesting and funny novel with energetic action scenes, a purposeful protagonist, caring friends, and a sweet love story.

The protagonist gradually turns from a weak, kind, naive and shy novice player into a strong, evil, cunning and vain munchkin.

Most of Taeseon's Korean regular readers, who have read all or almost all of her novels, consider "Dynamite" to be the best of her novels.

When a new Taeseon's novel comes out, some Korean online bookstores usually write in the description of this new novel something like "Meet the new novel from the author of "Dynamite"!"

Taeseon is often asked by Korean readers to create a manhwa based on her novel "Dynamite", but Taeseon has not yet responded to these requests.

Description:

Lee Jinha, who is the bard Wolhagain [1], the super cute boy [2] in the "Thanatos" game. However, his true appearance will make even a sumo wrestler cry… Nobody must see his real face! Jinha's project to create a handsome boy begins.

[1] The word "wolhagain" (Korean: 월하가인, "lunar beauty") is an alternative name for the traditional Korean tea "omija" (Korean: 오미자차, omijacha), made from dried magnolia berries. The word "omija" means "five flavors" (which are sweetness, sourness, bitterness, saltiness, and pungency), while the word "wolhagain" is translated from Korean as "good person under the moon", but in the songs of Korean pop singers, this word usually means "beautiful woman in the moonlight".

[2] The word "chowansonam" (Korean: 초완소남, "super cute boy") is translated from Korean as "absolutely priceless male" and means "a perfect male with a beautiful soul and a beautiful body".

"Dynamite" ("다이너마이트", 2007) is a comedy shounen about the adventures of the mischievous guild "Amicus" (Latin: "friend", "friendly") in the virtual game "Thanatos" (Ancient Greek: "death").

The protagonist is a shy 25-year-old male named Lee Jinha who is fatter than a sumo wrestler. He has been very fat since childhood, but his parents always loved him for who he is, and they never tried to rid him of his excess weight.

At the beginning of the novel, Jinha lives alone in his apartment in an apartment building, while his parents live in another city. Jinha was recently fired from his part-time job, so the owner of his house regularly threatens that he will kick Jinha out of the apartment if Jinha doesn't pay him the money for Jinha's apartment. But Jinha cannot call his parents on the phone and ask them for money because he is ashamed to admit to them that he was fired from his job.

Jinha fell in love unrequitedly with a beautiful and kind girl named Gayeon who is his female childhood friend. They live in different apartments in the same apartment building and, when Jinha and Gayeon were children, their parents regularly went with them to worship at the local Christian church. When Jinha found out that Gayeon was playing the virtual game "Thanatos" (the European world of sword and magic), he created a handsome bard with the nickname Wolhagain in this game to try to win Gayeon's heart. Before entering the game, he edited Wolhagain's appearance for several hours, and as a result, Wolhagain became one of the most handsome male characters in "Thanatos", despite the fact that he was originally as fat as Jinha.

In this game, the playable class "bard" uses the lute as both a musical instrument and a magical weapon. He can deal powerful damage to his enemies, but when he plays music poorly, his magic attacks often miss and damage his allies rather than his opponents. Therefore, the character must practice playing the lute a lot in order to increase his musical prowess and reduce the number of his failed attacks.

Wolhagain joined the large guild "Amicus", but in the early days, the members of this guild hated him and scolded him with swear words because he played the lute very clumsily and he constantly dealt damage to his allies during the wars between the guilds. Later, he greatly improved his musical skills and then he made many friends in his guild, however, he hides from them the fact that he is a fat guy in the real world.

Thanks to his good looks and beautiful voice, Wolhagain quickly became a popular singer who has a lot of fans even among those people who don't play "Thanatos". In the real world, he has become as famous as real pop stars, which is why videos of his concerts in the game "Thanatos" are often shown on various TV channels in the real world. But Jinha doesn't know that Wolhagain has become a pop star, because in the real world he rarely leaves his house, he has no friends and TV, and he mainly communicates only with the owner of his house who regularly demands from him money for an apartment.

Once, during some Wolhagain's concert in the game, he saw Gayeon in the crowd of his female fans and asked her to be his girlfriend and she immediately agreed. Gayeon gave her in-game character the same appearance as her real-world appearance, so Wolhagain was easily able to recognize her.

However, the game company suddenly announced that when the next update of the game "Thanatos" comes out (in about two months), all playable characters will look the same as their users in the real world. When Jinha read this announcement, he began to fight hard against his excess weight in the real world because he is very afraid of the moment when his game girlfriend (Gayeon) and his game friends ("Amicus") find out that Wolhagain is Jinha.

Yonaz and Amaruna Myu like this.
  2. Lemonlyn

Lemonlyn ♥[ Incubus ] Onee-san Seducer♥

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds like a very interesting novel! Hope it gets picked up soon!

Nancy Drew likes this.
  3. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    @Nancy Drew "
    A fat guy became a pop star in the real world"
    I thought you meant someone like this guy:

But the novel sounds good. +1

Piyoyo and Nancy Drew like this.
  4. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Yonaz

Yonaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. cookiecrunch

cookiecrunch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one sounds really good! I'm interested in translating it if anyone can provide the raws. Can't really access it on my own since I'm broke lol

Nancy Drew likes this.