Misc A fruit-flavored scratchpad for plotting (to take over the world)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by lychee, Mar 31, 2018.

1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Please ignore this thread, it's an idea dump for stories that will never be written.

There's no organization at all, and it's not meant to be read by anyone.

-----

Subject: I got tired of being the hero, so I decided to reincarnate as a cat

After reincarnating as the hero and just barely saving the world for the Nth time, God finally gives the overworked protagonist Yulian the opportunity to live one lifetime as a vacation. To reward Yulian for his hard work, God allows Yulian to pick the setting and cheats however he likes.

Yulian's request is: "I would like to be a cat."

God: "...just a cat? Isn't that a little plain?"

Yulian: "If I ask you for any cheats, you'll make me save the world again even though I'm on vacation."

God: "Tch." *grumbles*

And thus, this is the story of how Yulian the hero spends his vacation as an ordinary cat.

...Though, it may be hard to say how much of a vacation it is given that Yulian's boss and colleagues at work are still constantly asking for favors even though Yulian is clearly trying to get away from the office place. It seems that it is impossible to escape heavenly business conference calls even though Yulian is just a cat.

Work. Life. Balance! Please! Is it so much to ask for? D:

T___T

2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    You say that shit but then give an interesting synopsis? That's pure evil, man.

Diametric, Donutmindme and Crazyh3 like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...dammit, this sypnosis gives a good vibe, but we all know it takes one screw up to ruin the whole work

4. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Subject: I woke up in bed with the demon lord [R18]

When 25-year-old Kue Kuzuru woke up in the morning with a hangover, the first thing she noticed was that she was in bed with a man.

'Ugh, I don't remember anything... Was I drunk?' she thought with a hazy fog over her eyes.

Fumbling around instinctively for her glasses, Kue Kuzuru's hands stumbled across something extraordinarily soft and luxurious. It was glossy and warm, and soothing like a silken cloud of pure fluff.

'What's this?' She thought, and picked it up, only to find that it was attached to her butt.

Confused, she rubbed her eyes as she sat up in bed, completely unclothed. The fluffiness seemed to move along with her, so it must be something like... a tail? Since when did Kue Kuzuru, an ordinary human office worker from Earth, gain something like a tail?

She reached up to feel her head, and then she laughed out loud:

"Ha, don't tell me I'm something like a kemonomimi? Am I allowed to mofumofu myself?"

It was just then that a pair of ice blue eyes snapped open.

It was the sleeping man had that Kue Kuzuru had completely forgotten about until now. His torso was muscular and broad, and the color of his skin was a tinge of faint gun-metal gray. His hair was supple and black as night, and most conspicuously, there was a pair of majestic horns sticking out from his head.

Their eyes met, and there was pure silence for several long seconds.

He spoke first in a deep voice: "It seems like a mosquito appeared again."

Kue Kuzuru: "Hah?"

Unknown Man: "Get out. Now."

He sounded annoyed.

Kue Kuzuru: "...? Alright, sure? But what's even going on?"

Kue Kuzuru wrapped herself in sheets and prepared to get out of bed, even though she was tremendously confused.

Unknown Man: "No. Not that way. Get out of the body."

Kue Kuzuru: "...?"

Unknown Man: "You are inside my property. That undead fox-girl homunculus is my possession. It's the best pillow I own. Understand that I, the demon lord Mephistos, do not treat petty thieves lightly."

Kue Kuzuru: "D-Demon lord?"

The self-proclaimed demon lord Mephistos rose from bed (...naked, >///<) and summoned a flaming magical sword of flickering blue light to his hand. He walked slowly forward towards Kue Kuzuru as he raised the blade over his head.

"Unnamed wandering spirit, for the crime of stealing the property of the king of demons, prepare yourself for your extermination," he said coldly, and then swung down his sword.

iampsyx, Donutmindme and AliceShiki like this.
  5. Valera

Valera [Clueless][Kurasa][Alea & Mikki's sister]

Reading List:
    Link
    I stumbled upon this thread. Darn, this is good....

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Subject: Restart, Humanity

[not a synopsis -- brainstorm only:]

Ever since the first VRMMORPGs were released onto the market a decade or two ago, dozens of fantasy games, gun games, magic games, and space games have swamped the market. These are, after all, the genres of games that people enjoy the most.

One lesser known title that was released was called "Prometheus Restart".

It was developed by a group of science geeks who utilized public data from NASA, ESA, and research data from hundreds of scientific journals too create a fully-realistic ("greater 95% realism" or so the claim was) simulation of an Earth-like planet, down to the geology, plate tectonics, chemistry, ecology, and meteorology. The only catch was that the simulation was performed completely free of humans -- that is, a completely pristine blue planet free of the footprint of mankind.

Of course -- many gamers saw this title and shook their heads in bewilderment. Why would anybody want to play game that is a perfect simulation of reality? Where was the fun in that?

Naturally, "Prometheus Restart" was an unpopular game.

Part of the reason for that was because the learning curve was quickly regarded as way too unfair.

New players spawned randomly in the planet of "Prometha" with absolutely nothing on their hands except for a pair of clothes. Hunger was simulated, frostbite was simulated, and the various terrors of nature were also simulated. The players themselves received no system assists, cheats, or benefits.

There was absolutely zero chance that the typical 21st Century hikkimori could possibly survive in a world without technology like this. Most people could barely live without their smartphones. Even people who thought of themselves as "survival geeks" struggled with the harsh reality of the game. Hardly anyone would call it "fun".

As a result, "Prometheus Restart" gained a reputation as a notoriously impossible game that attracted only a niche of unusual players that had peculiar interests.

One of such people was Ning, a 27-year-old combined PhD student in sociology and ecology, who was a close acquaintance of one of the game developers (her thesis adviser). Since the studying the procedurally-generated alternate Earth was relevant to her thesis research, one day she was called to the office and given the extremely unreasonable demand by her practically insane professor to spend a year in "full dive" in the world of "Prometha".

Actually, Ning immediately refused, but she was cornered into her dilemma with some threats about the remaining number of years she would need to spend in the lab.

Thus began Ning's journey in an Earth-like world free of human civilization or technology.

7. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Forum game concept:

Title: Let's build an island colony (Realistic RPG/Simulator)

[​IMG]

Introduction

Welcome to Port Town, humanity's first outpost on a small isle in an entirely new uninhabited isekai world. The World Government has been eager to establish a civilian presence in this new place, so we've recruited adventurous pioneers such as yourself to form this colony.

As previously agreed upon, you will receive a stipend of $100 (US dollars) for each day you are on this isle. Please use this money to acquire whatever you need in trade from Earth. A small ship arrives in port every Saturday, and you can purchase anything you require to survive and establish yourself on the island.

Apart from that, good luck -- flex those muscles and start clearing some land, because if you need it, you gotta make it. This outpost is completely empty except for the fortified government compound. Apart from that, there's no electricity, running water, roads, or even a public toilet.

Will you share the fruits of your labor with others, or is your dream to make a fortune charging fees when customers wish to use your private facilities?

How to play

This is a mostly realistic simulator/game. This means that you should treat everything in this game as if it were real life, so obviously no superpowers or magic or anything like that.

In fact, it is highly encouraged that you find DYI guides on the Internet to accomplish everything that your character does. For example, you want to build a log cabin? Do you know how to build a log cabin in real life? Well I sure don't -- so that means you should use Google-san to look up instructions on the Internet.

This game is connected with the real world with its virtual currency. Since your character receives $100 per day (US dollars), you can use that money to buy anything that you can find on the Internet and have it shipped to the island. Please remember that you still require food, water, shelter, and clothes. If you don't eat, you will die (obviously).

Rules
    • The game occurs in real time (Earth time)
    • You can post a maximum of once per day
    • If you build something, add it to the wiki
    • You're responsible for tracking your own character's status
    • Be creative but as realistic as possible
    Manual
    We ask everyone to create a character so you are conscious of the physical limits of your character. The limits that you report here will be the limits of your character in the game.

Feel free to adjust the values, but please try to keep them reasonable. Keeping the default values is recommended.
    Code:
    [b]Name[/b]: John Doe
    [b]Gender[/b]: Male
    [b]Age[/b]: 25

[b]Food needs[/b]: 2000 kcal/day
    [b]Water needs[/b]: 2 L/day
    [b]Sleep needs[/b]: 8 hours sleep
    [b]Hiking speed[/b]: 4 km per hour
    [b]Carrying capacity[/b]: 25 kg (normal male), 16 kg (normal female)

[b]History[/b]: Optional, for those who like to roleplay.

[b]Personality[/b]: Optional, for those who like to roleplay.

Welcome to your first day!

You have just disembarked from the ship, and you've brought with you one 25 kg cardboard box (54.8 cm x 42.1 cm x 33.5 cm). You can fill this box with anything you like for free, so long as you do not exceed the weight limit, and it fits inside the box. Please remember to pack at least 1 week's worth of food.

Please use this format (include estimated weight and product link):
    Code:
    Day 1.

I arrived at Port Town and brought with me one 25 kg box, containing:
    [list]
    [*]One case of 12 MRE rations - (10 kg) - (http://a.co/7E8SUgo)
    [*]One hammer - (0.45 kg) - (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-16-oz-Hickory-Hammer/19901194)
    [*] ...
    [*]TOTAL: 10.45 kg
    [/list]

Next, you should describe what you did on your first day.

Please describe your actions on approximately an hourly basis:
    Code:
    Saturday Apr-21. Today I did:
    [list]
    [*]8am: I got off the boat and collected $100 from the Town House
    [*]9am: I found a rock to put down and hide my stuff, and I ate breakfast
    [*]10am: I went to the lake to fill up my water bottle
    [*]Noon: I ate lunch (used one ration)
    [*]...
    [*]6pm: I made a fire and used 3 kg of firewood
    [*]7pm: I ate dinner (used one ration)
    [*]8pm: I went to bed
    [/list]

Make sure that you post your Status and Inventory at the end of every day.

Your status mentions the health/hunger/fatigue status of your character.

Your inventory mentions everything that you character owns. Please specify which items your character is carrying with them, which items are on the ground, in storage, etc. Your character can not carry more than their weight limit in their profile.
    Code:
    Status: Healthy, well rested, slightly uncomfortable (slept on the ground), not hungry or thirsty.
    [spoiler="Inventory"]
    [spoiler="Carrying"]
    - Money: $100
    - 1 axe: 1 kg
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler="25 kg cardboard box"]
    - 10 MRE rations - 9 kg
    - 1 hammer - 0.5 kg
    - Firewood - 2 kg
    [/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

[​IMG]

The island map is shown above. Currently, it is not fully explored, so only the area around Port Town is visible.

The island map is printed on a hex map. Each hexagon is roughly 25 km in diameter (5-6 hour hike).

Each hex can hold a maximum of one camp/village/settlement. The island map roughly suggests the type of environment that can be found on the hex. For more detail on each hex, please look it up on the wiki (e.g. Port Town).

Port Town's harbor is located on the Great Lagoon (to the west). The Lagoon River (currently uncrossable without a bridge/ferry) is located to the north. The beach is located to the east. A forest is located to the southwest, and grasslands are located to the southeast.

Port Town itself is located in a thin grove of coastal trees (e.g. palm trees), which unfortunately is not the right kind of wood for hardwood carpentry. The climate is warm year-round, and the area receives an average amount of rain. No large game can be found in this area except for many species of birds and small animals (e.g. seagulls, ducks, crabs, rats). Freshwater fishing can be performed in the lake.

While Port Town itself doesn't have the best resources, it is recommended to travel to other areas. Perhaps there will be better carpentry wood in the forest in the southwest? Perhaps the grasslands in the southeast will be better suited for grazing animals and starting a farm?

Please note that when traveling, there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can carry. This shouldn't stop you from being creative though (e.g. building a cart).
    You are responsible for ensuring that your character has food to eat and water to drink. Remember to give your character time to eat and drink water (or fetch water) every day, as well as update your inventory.

You can collect your salary in the Government Office in Port Town. You aren't required to fetch it every day; if you wait until the end of the week to collect, you can take $700 (the same as $100 each day for 7 days).

If you forget to post one day (or many days/weeks), it's no problem because the island's government welfare program will automatically take care of your character (food/room/board). However, they will confiscate your daily salary ($100) as payment for each day they take care of you.

The other alternative is to schedule your actions several days in advance. Make sure you have enough supplies to last you that time though.
    A small trading ship arrives at Port Town every Saturday. You must physically be in Port Town in order to buy anything from the trading ship. The trading ship has a very limited selection of goods on sale every week (mostly food and general goods), so you may prefer to place a custom order.

To make a custom order, you must find a link for what you want to purchase on the Internet.

Please use this form to place a custom order:
    Code:
    I would like to purchase from Earth:
    [list]
    [*]ITEM NAME (QUANTITY) - COST (US dollars) - WEIGHT - URL LINK
    [*]SUBTOTAL:
    [*]TOTAL WEIGHT:
    [*]TOTAL COST: (plus shipping)
    [/list]

Shipping costs are expensive, and it is based on the weight of your purchase:
    • 10 kg box - $150 shipping fee
    • 25 kg box - $200 shipping fee
    • 100 kg crate - $300 shipping fee
    • 200 kg crate - $400 shipping fee
    • 500 kg crate - $600 shipping fee
    • 1000 kg crate - $1000 shipping fee
    • 10,000 kg container - $4000 shipping fee
    • 25,000 kg container - $5000 shipping fee
    After you place your purchase order, expect to receive it next Saturday.

You can trade and buy/sell things to other players so long as you are in the same location as them.

To sell things to the trade ship, have a discussion with @lychee. Keep in mind that you still pay for shipping, so it is much more efficient to sell things in bulk quantities. The rule of thumb is that you can sell things that you make to distributors for half the cheapest retail price that you can find online (e.g. on amazon) for a similar product.
    It is highly recommended to find a DYI link online for everything you wish to build. You should try to report the exact quantities of the materials that you use (e.g. 17 nails, 3 meters of rope). If you don't know exactly, give your best guess and write it down.

Please estimate a realistic time it would take for you to complete your construction project. In many instances, it may take several days.

Construction template:
    Code:
    Blueprint materials:
    [list]
    [*]5 pine wood logs, 10cm in diameter
    [*]10 meters of paracord - LINK
    [*]10 nails - LINK
    [/list]

Please keep in mind that you obviously need the proper tools to do construction too. Additionally, stay conscious of the things that your character would be able to accomplish by themselves. If your blueprint requires 3 pairs of hands to do a particular task (e.g. lifting 100 kg block), then you need to find people to help you to do this task! You'll break your back!

After you start building something, make sure to add your structure to the wiki.

On the wiki page for Port Town, type:
    Code:
    [[Port_Town/My_structure|My structure]]

This creates a wiki link to a page called "Port_Town/My_structure" with a display name of "My structure". If you are making a private structure, make sure to give it a somewhat unique name (e.g. "lychee's tent").

After you save the page, you can click on the red link and create a new page for your structure. You can then write whatever you wish about your structure.

Side note: remember that everything has durability. While you aren’t required to explicitly say how long it will last, keep in mind that wood rots and axes get blunt. How long does it take for something to break or spoil?

Just remember to have your hut fall down every once in a while (lol).
    This game is built on the premise that players will discover resources throughout the island, and be able to form some kind of economy together in the future. Different characters will probably specialize in different things.

Anybody can leave Port Town and travel anywhere they like. However, there is no trade ship or welfare program outside of Port Town. Your character will die if you forget to have them eat.

On exploring: when traveling to a new place, ping @lychee and she will reveal some more of the island map.

The first person to explore the hex has the right to name it.

After naming it, you should create a wiki page that describes what you saw. What resources and animals did you see?

After making the wiki page, you can ask some senior players to check it to make sure it looks balanced.
    The island operates as an “elected dictatorship”.

On the first of every month, players elect one player to be the “Governor”. The governor makes the laws for the island and controls the security force (2 NPCs) in Port Town.

Additionally, the governor has access to the tax fund, which is the money obtained by collecting inactive people’s stipends ($100 per inactive player).

The governor can give that money to other players to use on community projects. “Community project” means that it will be free to use for everybody. Examples include roads, sewage system, etc.

A governor can be impeached and removed from office if 75% of active players sign a petition.
    Having friends is important in this game, because you may need to work together with others to achieve a common goal.

You only have two hands, so you may need additional people to help you carry something or watch your stuff while you’re away. The game becomes easier if you find people to live together with and form a household too.

Make friends! Use the forum thread to chat with others as much as you like!

NPCs can be hired from the Earth at a cost of $100 per day. The arrive on a Saturdays only, and you must hire them for a minimum of a week. You can have NPCs do any kind of labor or task that doesn’t take much training to learn.

You can make multiple accounts, but you’re responsible for making sure you don’t let them die...
    The most senior/experienced players are the GMs.

You can ask around for which player knows the most about farming, or cooking, or woodworking. If none exist... you’re welcome to get your google hat out and research online to become our new expert!

GMs help build the world and make “reality checks” with the game. There isn’t just one GM for everything because that would be an awfully large amount of work.

@lychee will answer questions about the Map and Trade and Gardening (lol).

For other things, we’ll need a lot more help!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    iampsyx, AliceShiki and Ddraig like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels interesting! Like https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/its-time-to-build-a-village.62954/ , but with more realism! >.<

... And without Kuma-chan suddenly disappearing on us... T.T

9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki I can't stop thinking of game ideas!! :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

This one is called:

Gensokyo Unlimited
    Introduction
    :
    Gensokyo was originally a desolate, haunted region of Japan ages ago. The youkai that lived there began to terrorize the surrounding lands, and thus powerful, heroic humans were sent to exorcise and exterminate them. The off and on battle between humans and youkai continued on until 1885 A.D., when Gensokyo was sealed off from this increasingly scientific and skeptical world with the creation of the Great Hakurei Barrier (taken from Touhou Wiki).

Thousands of years after the events of the main Touhou series (none of the game characters are around anymore!), Gensokyo remains an isolated backwards place where yokai and humans clash in a constant mischievous struggle between Good and Evil. Which side will you join?

Objective:
    As a heroine of either the Good Faction or the Evil Faction, your objective is to rescue your people and "Sekai Seifuku" (control all of Gensokyo). By defeating minions of the opposite faction, you gain Spirit Cores that can used to make custom Spell Cards which make you even more powerful. Use your Spell Cards to battle other players as well!

Map:
    I need to find a risk-like map of gensokyo, something like this (work in progress):
    upload_2018-12-9_10-55-53.jpeg
    Each "territory" can be controlled by good, evil, or neutral.

PvE:
    Fight minions of the opposite faction to gain Spirit Cores, which are important to make Spell Cards!

Minions can be one of six elemental types, which means they drop Spirit Cores corresponding to their type:
    1. Fire
    2. Ice
    3. Air
    4. Earth
    5. Thunder
    6. Water

When encountering a minion, there's a 1/6 chance they could be any type (!roll 1,6).

Spell Cards:
    Spell Cards are single-use expendable items that give your character an edge in battles.

Spell Cards are synthesized from Spirit Cores. Each spirit core that goes into a spell card causes the spell to do +1 damage. For instance, a spell card made from 5 spirit cores will do 5 damage (in theory).

The elemental types that go into the Spell Card are extremely important. This is because we have an elemental cycle: Fire > Ice > Air > Earth > Thunder > Water > Fire

In a PvP fight, a player can defend against a Spell Card Attack by activating one of their own Spell Cards with an elemental composition that neutralizes the attack. For example, a 3-core Spell (FFE=Fire, Fire, Earth) can be neutralized with a 3-core Spell (WWA=Water, Water, Air), causing it to do zero damage. The same FFE spell could be partially neutralized with a 1-core Spell (W=Water), which reduce the damage dealt to 2 HP instead of 3 HP.

It is highly advised to keep the Spell Cards that a player has available to them secret.

In fact, all of your Spell Cards should be synthesized in a PM with a GM (@lychee), which is mostly for anti-cheating measures.

You cannot synthesize spell cards in the middle of a battle. Make sure to prepare well and always have a decent set of spell cards on you!

PvP:
    To attack an area on the Map, lookup who is the heroine who is the "champion" of that region.

@ the player who controls the region, and if you win the fight, your character/faction now controls the territory.

Fights in this game are turn based and each player takes turns as the attacker and defender. All players start with 10 HP and the player defending the map region gets to go first.

Here is the order of operations:
    • Attacking player:
      • Basic attacking roll: !roll 1, 6
      • Use a spell card (optional)
      • Retreat/Forfeit
    • Defending player:
      • Basic defending roll: !roll 1,6
      • Use a spell card (optional)
      • Retreat/Forfeit
    • Each turn, the players switch being attacker/defender.
    If the attack roll is greater than the defense roll, the difference is the damage that the defender receives.

Only one spell card can be used each turn.

The penalty for losing is:
    • Retreat: -1 Spell Card (choose one to discard)
    • KO: -2 Spell Card (choose two to discard)

iampsyx and AliceShiki like this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems interesting! xD

... I can't help imagining Gensokyo filled with firearms though, I mean... Gensokyo is a place that gathers all kinds of stuff that were forgotten in our world, so... 1000 years in the future, firearms would probably be in Gensokyo already, or at least the conventional ones... >.>

... Or was that something that was more prominent in doujinshis than official works? My memory is fuzzy... Still a fun concept nonetheless!

lychee likes this.
  11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s okay we can just ban them!!
    :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Or maybe change the setting lol.

I really just wanted to get the danmaku feel with spell cards only. >.<

iampsyx and AliceShiki like this.
  12. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Wah do they end up together

lychee likes this.
  13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Wash >.< I don’t know!

I actually wanted to make the demon dude seriously oblivious and herbivore so it can just be an omgfrustratedjustenduptogether type story.

I haven’t thought about it at all though!

iampsyx and Pyoo like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    We can just pretend Gensokyo never advances technologically! \(^^)/

It does seem like it would be pretty fun to play with spellcards~

lychee likes this.
  15. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagined a tsundere alrdy~
    Or one of those dere thingies where the dude acts tough but us actually cute.
    But im also kinda hoping the demon king is attached to the original persona of the undead n thus resents the FL for effectively killing her.
    Or i tot she might come n go and the body would be shared between the 2 personas

lychee likes this.
  16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration -|- Monster Reports -|- Battle Thread -|- Tavern
    Gensokyo Everlasting (PvP Magic RPG)
    [​IMG]

Prologue
    Long ago, Gensokyo was a desolate, haunted region of ancient Japan. The youkai that lived there began to terrorize the surrounding lands, and powerful humans were sent to exorcise and exterminate them. The constant battle between humans and youkai continued until the 19th Century, when Gensokyo was sealed away from the rest of Earth with the creation of the Great Hakurei Barrier.

While Japan became blessed with bountiful peace, the realm of Gensokyo remained plagued with constant battles between youkai and the humans left behind. During the events of Touhou Project, many heroines strived to make Gensokyo a peaceful place where humans and youkai could coexist. However, their peaceful harmonious dream was only fleeting. After the death and departures of those famous heroines, Gensokyo fell to chaos once more.

Hundreds and hundreds of years later, Gensokyo has returned to its origins as a battleground between the enemies and allies of humans.

Which side will you join? And will Gensokyo ever see unity again?

Objectives
    Gensokyo Everlasting (GE) is a Touhou spin-off writing RPG about two factions struggling to control the entire world of Gensokyo.

The two factions are Good (human-friendly) and Evil (anti-human). In this game, you can create characters of either faction and battle with players from the opposite faction to claim territorial influence for your alignment.

This game includes a fully featured PvP Spellcard battle system, which represents danmaku from the original Touhou series, as well as the ability to design your own custom Spellcards.

Finally, this game is a writing roleplaying game at its heart, so all sorts of friendships, plots, adventure, and creativity is very much welcome and encouraged!​

Map of Gensokyo

Character Creation
    [​IMG]
    To play Gensokyo Unlimited, you must first create a character on the Registration Thread (this thread).

All new characters start at level 1 (Total EXP: 1).

Please fill out the character creation form with the following items:

CHARACTER CREATION FORM:
    • Character Name:
    • Race:
    • Skill:
    • Appearance:
    • History:

Regarding character [Race] and [Gender]:
    • Many races are allowed (check here for examples).
    • It is totally fine to be a "good youkai" or "evil human".
    • We allow male characters in Gensokyo Everlasting.

Regarding character [Faction]:
    • Please choose between [Good] and [Evil].
    • No neutral characters (if you're neutral, you're considered "good")

Regarding character [Skill]:
    • Your character skill is the [Basic Attack] that they use in PvP battles.
    • [Basic Attack] can do anywhere between 0 to 6 HP damage.
    • [Basic Attack] can be "blocked" by other players.
    • Therefore, do not make your character skill OP.
    • Please make sure your character skill has obvious weaknesses.

Regarding character [History]:
    • All characters must be born in Gensokyo. No travelers from the outside!
    • Humans in Gensokyo have a medieval lifestyle. No modern technology!
    Monster Reports (PvE)
    [​IMG]
    Once you've created a character, you can go to the Monster Reports Thread and begin writing about your character's encounters with enemy NPCs.

There are many different ways to write a Monster Report. [Good] characters could write about exterminating evil youkai, and [Evil] characters could write about doing evil things to humans, but these are merely suggestions. Feel free to let your creativity loose!

Please use the Monster Report Form when posting to the thread:

MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    • Character Name: Your Name
    • Character Level: Level 1 (Total EXP: 1)
    • Enemies Defeated: 1 enemy
    • Report: -write your story-

Every time you make a Monster Report...
    ...your character's total EXP goes up by +1

Experience points contribute to your character level, which allows your character to take on more NPC enemies in a single quest report. Here is the level table:
    • Level 1: 0 EXP - 1 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 2: 6 EXP - 2 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 3: 22 EXP - 3 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 4: 51 EXP - 4 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 5: 100 EXP - 5 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 6: 173 EXP - 6 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 7: 274 EXP - 7 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 8: 410 EXP - 8 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 9: 583 EXP - 9 enemy NPC Max
    • Level 10: 800 EXP - 10 enemy NPC Max

After posting your Monster Report, use @justabot to claim your reward.

EACH enemy that you defeat will drop ONE random Spirit Stone.

Use @justabot to roll a 5-sided dice for N number of enemies defeated:
    Code:
    !roll 1,5,N

Pay attention to the number you roll.

Each number represents a different [Spirit Stone] type:
    1. (T) Wood (Tree)
    2. (F) Fire
    3. (E) Earth
    4. (M) Metal
    5. (W) Water

Spirit Stones are used to synthesize [Spellcards], so read on to the next section!
    Synthesizing Spellcards
    [​IMG]

Spell cards are single-use magical spells that can be used offensively or defensively in PvP battles. Every character's spellcards are unique, and most characters will spend a lot of time designing their signature moves.

Spellcards are made from [Spirit Stones]. By fusing Spirit Stones together, the resulting Spellcard gains the elemental properties of the Spirit Stones used to synthesize it. The more Spirit Stones you use, the more powerful the resulting Spellcard. Please note there is a preliminary tax of 1 Spirit Stone (any type) to synthesize every Spellcard.
    • 1-core Spellcard: 1 HP damage (cost: 2 Spirit Stone)
    • 2-core Spellcard: 2 HP damage (cost: 3 Spirit Stone)
    • 3-core Spellcard: 3 HP damage (cost: 4 Spirit Stone)
    • 4-core Spellcard: 4 HP damage (cost: 5 Spirit Stone)
    • ...pattern continues...

The elemental types that go into the Spellcard are extremely important.

This is because we have an elemental cycle:

[​IMG]

From this diagram, you can see that water (W) is strong against fire (F) [Red Arrow] and that Wood (T) is weak against fire (F) [Grey Arrow].

This is important in PvP battles because players can defend against Offensive Spellcards by using Defensive Spellcards with an elemental composition that neutralizes the attack. As a result, you should design your Spellcards carefully and keep your Spellcards closely guarded secrets! If an enemy discovers what Spellcards you have in possession, it will make their time fighting you a lot easier!

To synthesize a spell card, first you should start a PM (private conversation) with a GM like @lychee. In your PM, you should keep track of your inventory so other players cannot see it. Every time your inventory changes, you should update your PM inventory. Please use this form:

INVENTORY UDPATE:

• Character: Marisa
    • Spirit Stones: 0T 3F 2E 0M 1W
    • Spellcards: 1 Master Spark (FFMM), 3 Tiny Spark (FM)

Please refer to to these Spirit Stone abbreviations:
    1. (T) Wood (Tree)
    2. (F) Fire
    3. (E) Earth
    4. (M) Metal
    5. (W) Water

When you would like to design a brand new Spellcard, please use this form:

SPELLCARD RESEARCH:
    • Spellcard: Master Spark
    • Spell Formula: FFMM
    • Research Cost: 0
    • Materials Spent: n/a
    Spellcards must be researched by your character before they can be synthesized.

The Research Cost for each additional Spellcard type in your library increases by +1 with every new original Spellcard type that you design.

While the first spellcard you design costs 0 Spirit Stones, your second spellcard type will cost 1 spirit stone, the third will cost 2 spirit stones, and so on. Choose any Spirit Stone(s) in your inventory to serve as the Research Cost.

After researching a Spellcard Design, you can synthesize Spellcards according to the formula:

SPELLCARD SYNTHESIS:

• Spellcard: Master Spark
    • Spell Formula: FFMM
    • Quantity: 1
    • Materials Spent: 2F 2M 1W

Please remember that making each Spell Card consumes 1 Spirit Stone as tax. The taxed Spirit Stone does not enter the Spell Formula and simply gets sacrificed in the process. You can choose any Spirit Stone in your inventory to serve as the Tax Sacrifice.

Important: You cannot synthesize Spell Cards in the middle of a battle.

This is considered cheating! Make sure to prepare properly before battling!
    Challenging Players (PvP)
    [​IMG]
    When you're ready to fight somebody, take a look at the Map (and the associated spreadsheet) to decide if there's a territory you want to claim.

If the territory is unclaimed, then you can simply write a Battle Report and claim it for free. Congratulations! Now you character lives there (or whatever your character wants to do with it)?

If the territory is claimed by somebody else, then you should @ the player who is listed as the champion and challenge them to a duel in the Battle Thread. Each one of your characters can issue a challenge a maximum of once per day.

The other player has three days (72 hours) to respond before they lose by default.

If the other player responds, this triggers a turn-based battle.

Each character starts with 10 HP.

Each phase of the battle has an [Attacker] and [Defender]. The defending champion always gets to be the Attacker first. The Attacker and Defender switch every turn.

Here is the order of operations:
    1. Attacker:
      1. Roll 6-sided dice for [Basic Attack]
      2. Write a [Battle Report] and use Spell Cards (optional)
    2. Defender:
      1. Roll 6-sided dice for [Basic Defense]
      2. Write a [Battle Report] and use Spell Cards (optional)

Let's run through this in detail.

A). Attacker rolls their [Basic Attack]
    Here's the code to roll a dice:
    Code:
    !roll 1,6

For now, we will just remember the number.

B). Attacker writes their [Battle Report]
    Here's the Battle Report form:

BATTLE REPORT:

• Character: Marisa (@lychee)
    • Opponent: Reimu (@yuzuki)
    • Level: Level 1 (Total EXP: 1)
    • HP: 10/10
    • Turn: 1 (Attacker)
    • Spellcard: Master Spark (FFMM)
    • Report: Write story here

Every turn, players have the option of using one Spellcard from their inventory. Attackers can use Spellcards to add to their damage output. Offensive Spell Cards deal +1 damage for each spirit core. For instance, a 5-core Spellcard has the potential to do 5 damage.

Importantly, when writing your battle report, do not assume that your attacks will hit. There is still a chance that your opponent might dodge or block or use a Spellcard that turns things around.

Remember to +1 EXP each time you make a Battle Report too!

C). Defender rolls their [Basic Defense]
    Here's the code to roll a dice:
    Code:
    !roll 1,6

If the Attacker rolled a bigger number than the Defender, this means that the Attacker's [Basic Attack] succeeded! The damage received is the difference between the two dice rolls.

For instance, if the Attacker rolled a 6 and the Defender rolled a 2, [Basic Attack] will deal 4 HP damage to the Defender.

Nothing happens if the Defender rolled a greater number than the Attacker.

D). Defender writes their [Battle Report]
    At this point, the defender should write their Battle Report. Use the same form as above. At this point, the defender has all the information necessary to know whether their character will take damage or not.

If applicable, the defender should decide if they should use a Defensive Spellcard from their inventory.

Remember the Element Cycle?

[​IMG]

A Defender can protect themselves against an Offensive Spellcard by activating one of their own Spellcards with an elemental composition that neutralizes the attack. For example, a 3-core Spell (FFE=Fire, Fire, Earth) can be perfectly neutralized with a 3-core Spell (WWT=Water, Water, Wood), causing it to do zero damage.

The same FFE spell could be partially neutralized with a 1-core Spell (W=Water), which reduce the damage dealt to 2 HP instead of 3 HP.

Be careful though!

If your defending spell contains element weak against the attacking spell, your defending spell could backfire on you! For example, if you defend against an FFT spell with a WWW spell, two Water will neutralize the two Fire (-2 Damage), but the remaining one Water will amplify the one Wood (+1 Damage).

The final damage received is (3 base) - (2 neutralized) + (1 amplified) = 2 HP damage.

Always calculate neutralization effects before calculating amplification effects.

Remember, only one spellcard can be used each turn.

E). Next turn and switch roles
    Now, the Defender and Attacker switch roles and the next turn begins!

At any point in the battle, you can choose to have your character [Retreat]. If you retreat, there is a -1 Spellcard penalty, meaning you need to choose 1 Spellcard to discard from your inventory.

If any character's HP reaches zero, that character is knocked out and is defeated. There is a -2 Spellcard penalty for losing, meaning the loser needs to choose 2 Spellcards to discard from their inventory.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    iampsyx likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I basically skimmed through it, but it seems fun~

If anything, the concept of spell cards in a Gensokyo where humans and youkais are constantly fighting for real is a tad weird to me... Since well, spell cards are a lot easier to deal with than youkais going all out... >.>

Th-that's just my lore qualms though, that can be ignored! >.<

18. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah, there's definitely sort of a mismatch in tone... >.< I hope I didn't suddenly make it too grimdark :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

I think it's probably better to think of it as Good vs. Evil setting with the human vs. youkai as an afterthought. I'm sort of counting on lots of people making "Good Youkai" (human-friendly), so in the end it will be mostly youkai vs. youkai with the occasional rare human shrine maiden or magician haha. XD

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooooh, I see I see~

This does look a lot fun! \(^^)/

20. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    @A5G_Reaper

x2p7m.jpg

Battle System rework:
    • We use the following base stats:
      • HP: 10
      • ATK: 4
      • DEF: 3
      • SPD: 2
      • GRZ: 1
    • You can increase your stats:
      • Creating a character: +4 any stat points
      • Level up: +2 any stat point
    • Stat explanations:
      • HP: health
      • ATK: [Basic Attack] Maximum roll (0 to N)
      • DEF: [Basic Defense] Maximum roll (0 to N) - dice roll to reduce damage by basic attack. Cannot perfectly block attacks (attacks do at least 1 damage).
      • SPD: [Dodge] Maximum roll (0 to N) - dice roll for chance that Basic Attack does 0 damage
      • GRZ: [Graze] Maximum roll (0 to N) - dice roll to reduce damage by spell cards
    • Each turn the defender must choose between:
      • [Basic Defense]
      • [Dodge]
      • [Graze]
    • It is only possible to do one. Choose what to focus on carefully!
    Spell Card rework:
    • Elements have changed so that there is only a basic strength/weakness relationship
    • Attackers do not reveal Spell Card formulas when unleashing spell cards:
    • Defenders spend 1 spirit stone for each guess at the formula, with the initial spirit stone counting as a wild card guess matching any position that favors the defender.
    • The best guess is used to reduce the damage of the spell card
    • Guesses that neutralize the element at the right position -1 damage, guesses that amplify the element at the right position +1 damage
    Example:
    Yuzu:
    • I use Love Sign Master Spark: XXXXX (secret formula: LLALA)
    Selkie:
    • I'm going to spend 4 spirit stones as guesses!
      • W: AWLAL
      • E: ELLLL
      • A: AAAAA
      • F: FFAAL
    • Here's how the guesses are scored (perfect resistance: AAFAF) (perfect amplification: EELEL)
      • W: AWLAL
        • 0 wildcard matches (only applies to resistance)
        • 2 resistance matches
        • 2 amplification matches
        • Net 0 HP resistance
      • E: ELLLL
        • 0 wildcard matches (only applies to resistance)
        • 0 resistance matches
        • 3 amplification matches
        • Net -3 HP resistance
      • A: AAAAA
        • 1 wildcard match (only applies to resistance)
        • 3 resistance matches
        • 0 amplification matches
        • Net 4 HP resistance
      • F: FFAAL
        • 1 wildcard match (only applies to resistance)
        • 1 resistance match
        • 1 amplification match
        • Net 1 HP resistance
    • The best guess was A: AAAAA
    Yuzu:
    • I did the math, and you resisted 4 damage on the spell card! I don't have to tell you which guess did it though!
    • My spell card only did 1 damage in the end (5 - 4 = 1)!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    iampsyx and A5G_Reaper like this.