"A Gamer's Sense of Romance" The Prize Money might be yours!!

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by SnowdropLily, Feb 8, 2019.

1. SnowdropLily

SnowdropLily 100% Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Jane is an otaku gamer. Suprisingly, she is friends with her school's most handsome, perfect, and popular boy, Lucas. Ladies just falls for him. Literally.

Anyways, although he maintains a perfect outside image, in his heart, he is a gamer to the core.

\\\>^</// SnowdropLily Presents (drum rolls) Ta-da!!! A Gamer's Sense of Romance!!

*After School; Walking to her house*

Ping!(Message Tone)

"Hmm. Who could this be?" Jane asks herself. It's actually rare for her to have a message from somebody because she only has few friends. Well, aside from her gaming partners.

She looked at her phone to find out that it was Lucas, her childhood friend who texted her.

*Phone Conversation*

"Hey, Jane!! Mom wants me to invite you to dinner @ home this Saturday." - Lucas

"Ok. I'll be there ;)\/"

*Conversation Ends*

~Time Skip~

*Saturday; in front of Lucas' house*

Ding!Dong!

Jane rings the doorbell. The doorknob shakes and the door opens. Revealing.....

(You are free to choose)

A.) A sexy looking Lucas. Wearing his button up shirt with the first 4 buttons unbuttoned. Has a wet hair and wearing jeans slightly below his V line.

B.) A nerdy looking Lucas with disheveled hair. Wearing a sweater and comfortable looking pants. Although, he looks rather handsome.

C.) A sleepy Lucas. With tears still in his eyes. Slightly red nose and still yawning. He makes a weak fist and rubs it to his eyes.
    After reading what is written above, anyone who wants to try this game is tasked to choose between route A,B, and C. After he or she has chosen one, he/she shall write a continuouation of this unfinished story that is based on the route that the player chose and the title of this game. Email it to my novel updates account.

After I read the submission(s). I will choose a winner. The winner will be awarded $300. The 1st runner up will be awarded $100. The 2nd runner up will be awarded $50. (I will send it to your novelupdates bank)

This game will last until April 2. The day after April Fools Day!!!

Good Luck!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a very fun idea.

3. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Why isn't the writer choosing if they're the one writing a continuation?

4. SnowdropLily

Reading List:
    Link
    Please elaborate or rephrase your question.

5. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Well logically speaking 'C' should immediately be crossed out. If I remember correctly Jane was invited to "dinner" you know. That meal you have a 8:00 p.m why would Lucas be tired. As for the other two it depends. If everyone knows he's a gamer, doesn't have delusions about him being some as they call it "high-class boy" and he commonly wears glasses then I'd go with 'B'. If no one really knows he's a gamer and is entirely convinced he's a raiju and he actively tries to keep said image then it would have to be 'A'.

In short
    A if he's actively trying to keep a raiju image
    B if he doesn't really care about his image
    C not realistic if he invited her to dinner considering it's between 5:00p.m-9:00p.m.

6. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, he may be having a little nap and fall on a deep sleep instead

7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I woud say option A is out of the question, I mean how? and why? (A sexy looking Lucas. Wearing his button up shirt with the first 4 buttons unbuttoned. Has a wet hair and wearing jeans slightly below his V line) why? was he in the shower before openning the door or something? and what is up with the appearence? is he trying to seduce her? (I mean he called her so timing that appearence with her coming means Lukas might be planning something else instead (The relationship would escalate from dinner to something else entirely), in this case the continuation might as well become: Jane enters the house only for Lukas to close the door and says that his mother isn't home and she will be late and he starts making a move on Jane, from there two options would be A) Jane fights back and escapes B) Jane gets overpowered and the story becomes hentai
    So that would break the image of the Gamer boy who hides his image and seriosuly a man normaly doesn't look like that in the house(especially if he lives with his parents) unless the dude got some unmentioned swings or fetishes that the writer is yet to mention?
    Option C is just as mentioned as rijimon17 said, so I think that is out of the question
    So the only option left and which actually matches the setting of the story so far is option B

Nom de Plume likes this.
  8. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean let them choose how to continue the story (unless the idea is that every author proposes choices).

9. diviningknife

diviningknife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *steeples fingers* This is a very nice prompt that has hooked my attention and I think I have a couple of good ideas.
    I'd be interested in posting it to ScribbleHub, however, it won't be in time for the event since I'm working on my first special project. I'll credit this contest for the origin but I don't really have an ending planned so it may just be oneshot. /Just wanted to state my intentions on not joining, but participating after a fashion.

@Thread: So the contest is to use the setting and pick an option, finishing the story from there. IMO, since we're only given a little bit of background the logic of the character doesn't have to be limited to B. And to be frank, I'll probably be going for A because 1) I'm evil and 2) the plot demands it. Looking forward to this :3c

Nom de Plume likes this.
  10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    QUESTION: Up to where to do we stop the continuation of said event after choosing an option from A, B, or C?

Nom de Plume likes this.
  11. SnowdropLily

Reading List:
    Link
    Since, this is just a game, the player should stop writing the continuation until he/she have reached to 2-3 chapters.

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Q2: Word count?

13. SnowdropLily

Reading List:
    Link
    3,000 - 5,000

14. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be good to clarify earlier in the post that this is for NovelUpdates money. Really good prompt though, looking forward to the result!