Recommendations A good quality novel that doesn't get boring

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Brago130sf, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Brago130sf

Brago130sf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, I've been reading some novels these days, mainly chinese ones and the impression I have of them is that they start slow, get good, and in the end become typical. Then by chance I came across another chinese novel, Divine Card Creator.
    The story is about a transmigrator, the cultivation system is new and the story telling is good. I read it and was very satisfied, but the problem is I can't continue to binge read as the chapters have not even crossed 200s. When I looked at the tags, I found that one of the tags is parody which I had not seen before. I checked it and found out that it is applied when someone finds that the novel is a copy or similar to another older novel and is recognised by readers, translators or author.
    So, here's my request, I'm looking for the original novel (of which it is a copy) and some other novels similar to this that can keep me interested and happy.
    Thank you.

2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Divine Card Creator is a parody of the whole genre instead of a specific novel. Good luck finding similar ones

Tanyia likes this.
  3. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why dont you just try some short to medium length novel then?
    most chinese novel i know get to 1000+ chapter and while it starts interesting some change into unrecognizable piece of sh*t

Tanyia likes this.
  4. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading all those one shots. That will keep you busy.

5. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link