Discussion A HYPOTHESIS : why do we hate NTR in novels

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SovereignSamiul, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Warpzo

Warpzo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most of us do even if some people do not admit it

2. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..dafuq kind of stories are you reading? It's always blamed on the women. Either they're too stupid to understand what's happening before it's too late, or they're a slave to their genitals and can't think straight when a big dick is wagged at them. If it's not blamed on her, then it's usually blamed on the MC because he's too weak to hold onto his woman. Sometimes it's blamed on the guy doing the stealing and he ends up dead. It all depends on how the author wants to depict it, however I can say that most of the NTR I've come across is blamed on the woman.

But I've found that more often than not the MC is the vindictive kind and the cheating woman ends up getting bitch slapped by karma in the end.

Nimroth and Warpzo like this.
  3. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm something of a romanticist (don't take this literally) So while i rarely go out of my way to acquire romance novels, i can't lie about reading at least a few of my fiancee's romance novels. And it's not just any romance i love, i can't quite describe what i love as it has contradictory elements, i have read some stories about such pure and new love where one can't help but exclaim "DESU KAWAII". While i have also read some about a gritty war veteran of some sort who lost his wife in some god awful accident learning to love again. Generally novels i like focus more on emotions and less on sex, with some having it never described just inferred(but ten times more obvious) and at the end.

And while i can't exactly describe the type of romance i like, NTR takes everything i like about romance and takes a massive d**p on it. It makes me rage and murders my inner romanticist (once again, not literal) in cold blood while desecrating (i'll live this up to your imagination) it's corpse.

NTR is evil, *with and evil grin* and must be purged *maniacal laughter* HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHA HA HAHA HAAA~ *thunder*

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    vlue and Lazybum0 like this.
  4. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate NTR because i hate woman who can't be trusted or/and i hate to see a woman get *****d by a man she doesn't love (especially an ugly fat old man)
    Actually i wonder why there are so many author makes that kind of story, are they some kind of people who will enjoy the sight of their lover get stolen by another guy???

5. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i'm not one of those people, i find it very appalling when people just say stuff like 'just kill that character off' or 'i want this person to die'. I know fully and well that they don't exist and such, it's just the notion of wishing for someone to be killed because they were a little arrogant to the MC, or they didn't show the MC's crush face or some other stupid thing like that, when the MC is going to do the exact same thing 2 lines later.

This and misogny are my too things that annoy me the most about xianxia and wuxia in general

Scarecrow likes this.
  6. Negias

Negias 『Average Smulenians』『Normal Passerby』『Chaos Lover』

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm...I agree with your hypothesis, and btw while majority of people don't like ntr..I'll be honest here, a lot of you guys like ntr genre hentai..

7. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Netory is ok Netorare can GTFO !!!

8. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    I just gonna say it As I just saw the thread open

I don't want to see this topic from the person who created a NTR story about me and forced the story into my face

9. Anghagaed

Anghagaed 「未熟戦士」

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i mean the dude gotta come and ruin her life right? So she thinks it's not her fault. Kinda like how yandere thinks it's better to kill the person she loves if he can't be her's.

10. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is it not so simple to understand that rather than the concept itself, that quality of a story is just as important.

The truest issue is that there are good and bad novels. This boils down to the quality of the author's writing style, story, and the editing. In most cases you have sub par stories that use cliche or tropes to get by, while a lot are practically throwaway crap, with only a few being very good.

Now take that universal truth to a specified genre. As you go into specific genres, you run into more cliches and tropes that are specialized for that niche. Harem also falls into this situation as well. So a lot of stories that are redundant and poorly written, added in to a genre that a proportion of people already dislike from the very start, leads in to the understanding that many people will not like ntr based novels, even regardless of the existence of wish fulfillment author's.

There may be a few that are well written, original, and such, but then you still have those that hate the genre for existing. So is it truly a surprise?

asriu and Gitami like this.
  11. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same reason you hate seeing a loved one suffer. You get attached to a character so when something bad happens to them, you can't help but empathize.

Evil never stops.

Lithit likes this.
  12. axcel101

axcel101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep ntr just ruins the mood of the day or sometime for a week, And you don't wanna read that type of novel again ..but one of the reasons i hate ntr is that the story always ends in that way, I mean the slutty girl gets to enjoy sex( but in her mind she says stuff related to heretics like"i still love him..but..blah-blah-blah) ,the ntr boy knows he is being ntrd but has no will to change it and just watch it with that ( FU*KING di*K )face..(i really hate that shadowed marked loser face the most!!!)...and the ntrer that just enjoys the girl or feels smug in the despair of the mc......but...in the end what i hate the most is WHY THERE NO REVENGE??...ah~~that sweet cry of despair and fear for life of the girl and the ntrer is the most thing i would want to see...but..no~~~ it's just the plain old di*k face ending

13. Em_Rez

Em_Rez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe because it's fucking terrible to read about? It's like watching a video of someone getting murdered. No one wants to deal with that shit

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet you're one of those guys who would immediately plaster a wide grin across his face when you sense any indication of someone caught a misfortune in your immediate surrounding, like a person tripping or the elevator went beep when someone tried to enter. (y)

15. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    i hate seeing the ship that i ride got hijacked

16. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that there's an NTR sect here.

Do we have a strong anti-NTR sect here?

I would join it.

NTR is hell.

17. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh.. not really but if its someone i really hate i'd make sure i really show it..

18. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When such stories are told it is always from the injured party. Your father wouldn't say I woo'd your mother from from her boyfriend would he? Interesting if he would. Or be more humble and say she picked him out of all the other candidates. When we hear of injury we naturally want to avoid it and not consider situation from the other side as considering reasons of ntr may lead to eventual acceptance.

Reasons like the other is able to offer better happiness and security to the woman, or she could make the guy feel more alive with warmth than his girlfriend can. It is hard to accept when the mc whose pov the audience shared through pages of triumphs and tragedies is out woo'd by someone better at love. Light novel medium focus entirely on the mc's growth or next plot point that no pages to justify the ntr is written. Why interrupt an adventurous exploit or a dragon fight to tell the story of not mc. The author should write justification since it inflates their word count but to write acceptance for it they will need to assign blame and blaming the mc(the audience insert) is a challenge. It's one of the things that just happen in the world be it cancer, truck-sama, or simply drifting apart because of physical distance but few would accept such explanation in a crafted story. Cause, consequence, blame must have a recipient.

I myself like ntr for that instance where the charmed makes the decision of who to love, to birth of love or reforging a stronger chain. Also to witness a hurdle thrown at the mc; will they crumble or surpass the challenge and if so will there be schadenfreude or will we be robbed of vengeance by having the mc entirely move on. Oh the possibilities.

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    That pretty much sums up what I dislike about ntr stories, often seem like the woman is just treated as a possession rather than an actual character.
    In a good amount of cases I'm more put off by all the angst and blaming more than the ntr itself.

20. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just prefer the MC to dump her quickly and call it quits. Get her out of his life and move on. Kinda like what IET did in CD and in LXY, the NTR is brief and the MC moves on to bigger and better things shortly after. There isn't a ton of brooding, or spending a ton of time focusing on it.

Gitami and Nimroth like this.