Discussion A legal advice to the translators: Qidian's contract is not that effective as you might think

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by RenarDuSud, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chivas

Chivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @rwxwuxiaworld Ren, you have my support.

But I have to ask, is it wise to be commenting on online platforms when you will be taking legal action against QI.
    Also wondering, has all forms of communication stopped between you and QI, since both of you have brought this out into public domain (even though Qidian started it).

2. iamgboy08

iamgboy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just hope that translators can have a way out and not ended up being choked by qidian,. i hope that they avoid having their necks put on collars and destroy their lives,. coz you know,. villains all wanted to get the resources without doing any effort,.

3. nyuu1224

nyuu1224 Heaven's Grip System Engineer

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean? I'm one of the 'slow' part of the populace and can you please elaborate?

4. Too Honest

Too Honest Creature of Repressed Desires

Reading List:
    Link
    Not you(hopefully not), but the stupid folk who comment like they know what is going on.

5. nyuu1224

nyuu1224 Heaven's Grip System Engineer

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember ww author posted something about 20 novels that are going to be translated under them and AWE is part of them. Then uhhmm maybe few days ago or yesterday (I don't know) Qidian is now taking them back to be placed under their website. Then Qidian posted something saying WW is in the bad and Qidian said some libellous things then WW author posted something in defense to qidian claim. Is this it? Or I am in the wrong page of the textbook?

6. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if those people not supporting WW should go against Qidian. It's not whether it's a good or bad clause but for consumer's benefit. If Qidian actually manages to provide a good outcome for us, that's actually a good thing.

But will the chances of that be high? Even if people are skeptical, it's always better to not have Qidian coming up with the power to easily ruin the industry easily. If we don't support Qidian, it can serve as a safety measure to allow us comfort from whatever actions they have the right to utilize.

Sure, supporting them is fine but are you benefiting from it? Maybe in a short term duration but it's always best to take the long term in mind instead. WW have already been in the lead for years now, having someone else to take over when WW has been well thus far, it's either a better treatment than an already 'excellent' WW or an outcome that would be worse. Think of that a little. That's all I wanna' say. :D

7. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    just fyi the Republic of China is taiwan.......

badMal likes this.
  8. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    also a added bonus dont give up your english copyright to Squid Fella as they cannot legally produce in english as long as you own the copyright for the english translation

9. Vicious

Vicious [Egg on rice]

Reading List:
    Link
    Spread the truth~

10. badMal

badMal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :)

11. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    once again it will depend on the country , in the uk even delivering pizza you have rights like sick pay etc, unless yourself employed or sign a 0 hour one it all depend s also if you're working fulltime or part time , but even part timers have rights

12. CoffeeMonk

CoffeeMonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there's clauses like this in the Contract I bet you with the things going on right now a translator working with Qidian can actually take advantange of this situation and attack Qidian for a healthy sum...

Damyabo likes this.
  13. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that depends on where those translators are located, if they are located at a 3rd tier country like mine, i don't think any of those translator will ever try to sue Qidian...

14. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    True, even international law doesn't apply to China. What about us?

15. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets add some more legal fun to this thing. If you have a company in country A and this company hires someone in country B then the employment laws of country B are the ones that are relevant. While it might be perfectly legal what Qidian is doing in China it most certainly would not in a country like Germany. Germany would immediately throw out the contract as unlawful and heavily fine Qidian for not following German employment law. In the USA FedEx treated their delivery drivers as contracted entities, that was kicked out in court as well as the delivery drivers could not act independently but more as employees. FedEx settled the case last year for $200+ million that went to the drivers. Qidian hiring people from all over the world will turn into a major headache for them as each country has it's own employment laws.

16. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    the countries you mentioned are all 1st tier countries...
    things that can be done on 1st tier countries, are often can't be done on 3rd tier countries...

heck even my country currently has a good president, but i can see that he is kinda caged, and restrained by other corrupt official...

that is if they willing to bother them self of their time and money, to try and take the translator to China.....

17. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they won't do that unless they make enough money from the novels that they released or when they set up their Great Wall of Paywall(fuck it's bad) and make enough profits. I don't think there will ever be a chance for them to take the translators to China, in fact most translators won't be going there as Shitdan might have worked them to death.

18. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is the point though, translators are from ALL countries. Some places the contract Qidian has is perfectly legal, some it's not. Since the laws that matter are in the employee's country it will get very complicated and expensive for Qidian very fast if they should be sued by the contracted individual for breaking employment laws for his country. I can only mention laws in Germany and the USA as those are the countries I have lived in and know the laws in.

19. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Wise to comment? Sure, if someone is bringing up libel and slander statements you have the right to defend yourself in the court public opinion.
    As I saw it there was private communication left as a private letter was sent.

20. Aldnonymous

Aldnonymous Male Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Paralegal IRL, I want to say, if you want to make further action, better don't say it online, you are feeding your opponent.

Well as long it's not crucial I guess it's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.