LCD A Martial Odyssey

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Odyssey, Apr 21, 2016.

1. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More a guess that since the Desolates "mirror" the regulars that he'll end up with another 18 wives to match his 18 from the lower realms (though I guess it's weird that Nuwa counts as a lower realm Goddess when she's actually a Desolate, but she counts against the lower 18 I think). Plus, he's already knocked over at least 5-6 Desolate flags so far, so he can easily get to another 18 at this rate :whistle:

But yeah, I don't blame him; I mean most of the girls he's with are tied to tragedies in his past lives; he's sort of atoning for mistakes in his previous lives by not abandoning them this time..., I guess I should blame his past behavior of raising flags in all the realms when he was GGP/DLCC/WS.

2. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr even Yi Ping wants to knock some sense into his past lives.

I wonder how Alice reacted when she realized that she put her boss's reincarnation to death for helping her Lord's reincarnation....awkward

3. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in a way, I've found his past lives to be the most interesting part of the story. When he was DLCC he was basically domineering and confident that he could achieve anything. When he was WS, he tried to act like a "pure" monk unaffected by human relationships (i.e. leaving his fiance without explanation) but like 8-9 of the girls fell for him anyways. We don't know as much about GGP, but it seems like he was limited by his powers too.

4. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    part of it is the current and WS past he is that drop of water in the desert. Look at all the male cultivators in the story.....for the most part they're animals. Raping and abusing pretty women left and right and here comes WS and YP how are "nice guys", ones that don't look at the pretty women with the only thought being to bed them. That and YP desire to protect but also fight with consort and his generosity is sweet honey to these maidens. One thing tho I like in this story [probably stated it already] is that being pure is a big thing (Plum Ladies committing suicide after being raped), the fact that YP doesn't care and will still shelter, protect and love these women is huge. Almost every other xainxia/xauhan the women can be raped to be in the MC's harem so long as it was the MC doing the raping.

5. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be happy with a webpage with links.

My Experience:
    <reads chapter N><reads chapter N+1><reads chapter N+2>
    <reads chapter N+3> "WTF? who are these people? Vietnamese translation? Different names?" <scroll-scroll-scroll> <reads chapter N+X> "Wait, where did this come from? Out of order? Different translators!?" <reads chapter N+a*SQRT(-1)> "@#$%^& <ragequit>

Well, to be honest, I probably still wouldn't be happy unless the broken translations got fixed as well, which isn't going to happen. And even then, I don't care for Gigantic Harems at all, so I might as well just whine about sour grapes and go reread ISSTH. : )

6. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    yea it is big but at least each women is pretty well developed and get equal "screen time". Find out each women's past and past life and how they connect to each other and the mc is interesting