Recommendations A Master/S*ave Relationship Done Right?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tokita, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Tokita

Tokita Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Record of Wortenia War, an isekai protagonist rescues a pair of enslaved twin sisters from some bandits looking to r*pe and murder them. Both sisters are grateful for his intervention and, due to how slavery works in their world, each forms a magically binding contract which transfers ownership of herself to him. The protagonist then kills their fat bastard of an ex-master (who had fled the scene upon being ambushed by said bandits) when he returns with bodyguards, the twins killing the hired help for good measure.

Being the main character in a rather dark medieval fantasy setting with no concept of human rights, our protagonist shows due respect and consideration for the twins, as they are the only ones whom he can rely on unconditionally. The sisters are likewise devoted to him in equal measure, impressed by how much he cares about them. This dynamic is (thankfully) not sullied with any gratuitous ecchi/harem hijinks one might expect from a light novel, though it could very well blossom into a wish fulfillment [threesome] romance in due time.

I'm looking for either Japanese light novels or original fiction (featuring anime characters) with context similar to what I've described above. Please consult the tags, if nothing else. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Asakust

Asakust Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    If master/slave is done right it should be like this

Beta mc got isekai-ed
    Beta mc save slave girl(s) or boy if you prefer it
    beta mc treat slave(s) with standard modern human right
    Slave(s) become touched and have tendency become yandere
    Suddenly change pov to slave and the slave think "master is so gentle"
    If the slave is girl, beta mc let her sleep in bed while mc sleep in sofa or cold floor
    Later slave can only speak "as expected of Master"
    Suddenly change pov again to slave and the slave think "as expected of master, so OP but don't kill any enemy, master is so mercifull"

If you expect master/slave relationship other than this, you are HERETIC!!!!:blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:
    It was a joke tho :blob_grin:

I can only find this for you
    Pervy Healer (I Work As A Healer In Another World’s Labyrinth City)
    MC buy the slave to farm monster core (what it was called??) in the dungeon and he really use the slave to kill monster. At this point it looks like what you're looking for....... only in the beginning, but it kinda worth

Don't read Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World
    It's a trash

canvas204 likes this.
  4. Tokita

Tokita Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you speaking from experience, by any chance? Have you read anything like this before?

5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I do read some novels that mc buy a slave(s) or get a slave(s). But mc isekai-ed from modern earth always tries to liberate slaves. In most case, there is no scene mc buy male slaves to do manual labor or mc got sex slaves but do nothing (must be gay or impotent, right?)

The other strange thing is the native resident in sword and magic era (definitely not our modern world) where there is still open slavery system have somewhat similar way of thinking from mc's modern world.
    Example:
    Male MC own sex slave but when mc accidentally touch the slave, the native tsundere heroine #1 cockblock it and give a beating to mc and accuses him as pervert molester. MC accept it as being normal thing and everyone agree
    The slave is mc's property, while the heroine #1 has not yet had any romantic relationship with mc. She is like a lawyer that found small incident and make it big

6. Tokita

Tokita Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be the typical reaction from a modern day isekai protagonist, I suppose. Which is why I prefer when the s*avery itself is a product of circumstance for those involved and can't be easily undone, thus allowing for (ideally) positive, loving relationships to form and develop between them.
    Hell, I've heard that the protagonist in Being Able to Edit Skills in Another World, I Gained OP Waifus eventually starts using a magic ritual to permanently bind his own soul with every girl in his s*ave harem (said ritual only works if both parties voluntarily consent). That's the kind of care and devotion I want to see.
    Understandable. Just because slavery is openly legal within a given isekai setting doesn't necessarily mean that everyone living there will approve of it being so.
    But, yeah, I hear you. Scenes like these are just frustrating to read about when they do happen.

7. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link