Request A MC that isn't retarded

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Fear, Jun 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro, have you ever interact with another proper human being? Not in good social settings like with other white collar workers or in a school in a nice neighbourhood. These MC need to operate in a world where there's always someone to get you that's why they are messed up. I mean currently just a little virus and everyone going crazy and riot all over the place.

If you like good protag that don't go into a killing spree you try world of cultivation.

2. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the mysteries, the answer is always lord of the mysteries.

3. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    lord of the mysteries
    traffords trading club
    omnicient viewers readpoint

4. fukayuu69

fukayuu69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i really like experimental log of the crazy lich. The mc is not the strongest and cant get there in a reasonable amount of time so he has to achieve his goals with his head

5. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A smart MC is good, but an MC that is too smart is bad.

I always hated it when the teenager MC is able to outscheme politicians and people who have lived for hundreds of years.

Usually it's not the mc that is smart, it's just that the enemies are retarded so that make it looks like the mc is smart

SilverFeather likes this.
  6. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh but isn't that the very point of that novel? He's not the only sociopath there even, his girlfriend, his adopted daughter, the main antagonist (with whom I think if they were in different positions they would probably be the best of friends or even go beyond that)... all are sociopaths

Now on your request, I'd reccomend a toika novel since I really loved those and the mcs were mostly not retarded or edgy (although they did tend to be a little genre savy) but apparently all of the translations seem to have been taken down or something cause dead links, a shame I'd like to say, I really loved those... back to it
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...illainheroine-in-a-japanese-style-otome-game/
    This one is good, I mtl read it before it was translated and god, it's good, it might seem at first that the mc is lacking in this aspect, but there's a very good reason it seems so and a very good reason the mc has accepted the fate of going down the bad end, I loved it
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-came-back-but-the-world-is-still-a-fantasy/
    I haven't finished reading this one but it's pretty nice, the mc is not an edgelord (although his combat outfit is... but that part can't be helped due to something), he's pretty intelligent and all for someone of his age, maybe a little beyond that, there's a couple of aspects that might make you think he's stupid but it's only natural, and in the end he kinda has good reasons for those
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hachinan-tte-sore-wa-nai-deshou/
    Not stupid mc, although he is pushed all over the place in some areas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.