LCD A Monster Who Levels Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think she has a mana stone. A heart, perhaps...but we all know vampires can regenerate from even a tiny part of their body that exists.

2. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on how long the archer one is you could do it before the Returner. Heck you could mass release so many of the chapters for each story and then make a poll on which one to focus work on.

3. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weeeellll, only the Returner is finished, while the other two are still ongoing. Sorry.

Also, I'm adding another one to the shortlist:
    1. The Returner
    2. My Shooting Range: One Million
    3. The Grand Mage Returns After 4000 Years
    4. I Wake Up and the World Changed Into a Game! (Slightly into the future, game system, "reincarnation"/going back to his old self, MC starts off strong)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  4. Kenpachiramasama

Kenpachiramasama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That'll be better by a mile actually. At least the twist is bit of a novelty.

5. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Really the only thing that really matters is the consistency in the story. Is it decent from start to finish? For example one of the things that bugs me the most on this story, monster who levels up, is that in the beginning he was all about keeping all of his "alter egos," black smith, alchemist, and lycan, but then not to long later he decides to put them all into the same organization making all of these connections between them. He hires the mercenaries that worked with lycan into his organization and then the website who is posting all of the azura dragon is discovered to be owned by him and then acts surprised that people put this stuff together. He never follows through with his plans and it just annoys me. So smart mc who actually is smart would be nice.

6. Hokoga

Hokoga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It took me a while to realize you were making a School Days reference.

0000000 likes this.
  7. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do vampires have mana stones? and if they do, does that mean elves and Soo-ins have mana stones?

8. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assumed they may have mana stones since they are something between monsters and humans, like lycans, and unlike Soo-ins and elves. I don't think it has specified whether demonic beings drop mana stones or not.

9. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    They have their heart as their mana stone (similar to dragons) but then again Bathory regenerated from a single finger to a whole body in seconds.

So while the idea is nice, I don't think Sae-Jin could pull it off.

10. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC of the Returner deliberately plays the dumb, annoying guy just to drive other people crazy, but he's smart. It's not much of a spoiler, since if I choose to TL it, you'll read about in the prologue, the MC spends roughly 1000 years as the Demon Lord so he has built up quite a bit of pool of knowledge.
    As for the MC of the archer novel, I would say he is quite smart, but has lots of things to learn.

11. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that would be pretty cool. Since the final fight would be KSJ the human with all his special powers stripped away except for what he learned for himself vs the monsters that he created and became. another good ending could be.
    KSJ's Lycan form becomes a wolf god (honestly, I am almost certain that part is just going to be true regardless) and using a combination of his claws that can cut through everything, and the orc's ability to just shrug off the will of the planet like what he showcased in his spar against Kim-yu-Rin and the divinity of the Leviathan, He just creates a rift to the past of the vampire's world and just lets them all leave. I am guessing that it is possible that he just forgives the vampires and also just wants to get rid of them all, so he finds a way to let them just suceed in their plan since that seems like the easiest way to get all of them out of his god damn dimension. then he marries his harem or some shit. honestly i don't know how this novel could even have a harem ending in the amount of chapters we have left without the MC just stomping on all the female characters' feelings and honestly just being a complete shit head and them all letting it slide.

Valcryst likes this.
  12. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm rather surprised at none of you asking me about (or badgering me) for a hint how this novel ends. Many good guesses, only one person got fairly close, but....

.......I'm not telling!!! Hahaha.

Also, waiting for recommendations. Someone recommended WN version of the popular webtoon "The Gamer". I've checked it out, and so far... meh... It's not bad, but as I read the comic religiously, and thus know what happens way in advance, I don't feel motivated enough to TL it. I still welcome any recommendations. I'll defo check them out.

13. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Sae-Jin is going to become a moon god. His lycan form gets power from moonlight. Being a moon god might synergize well with his leviathan form's power over the oceans.

14. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    I Did ask though...
    Anyway can you atleast give us a hint on how it ends like bad/good/normal ending? :cry:

15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I HATE MYSELF, I JUST CLICKED ON 141 OUT OF REFLEXES.

Paps, Shield Loyalist and Minokyuu like this.
  16. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    And the quarrel still on....
    just go to bed already you two

Hokoga and Minokyuu like this.
  17. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have laughed so hard if the moment Bathory was reaching for his crotch, a portal opened, everyone who came to save him walked in on them.. stared for a moment, then turned around to leave.

On a side note, I honestly like Bathory better than most of the harem members. I really dislike Hazeline and Sae-Jung. Kim Yu-Rin and tiger loli are ok, but I really like the interactions between Bathory and Sae-Jin. It makes me wish they had met earlier in the story, or the story was longer so there was a potential for a real relationship for them.

18. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoh. Predation, huh.

19. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I will say that I was quite surprised with the direction the author took. And I have my work cut out in order to properly TL the chapters towards the end. And that's all I can say.

If you take away the unexpected bits, then it's a fairly normal ending for a Korean WN, I suppose. Honestly, I haven't read a K-WN that had what you'd call a whiz-bang ending, anyway.

Edit: Also, just found out that the novel "I Wake Up and the World Changed to a Game?" has super-short chapters. I might start TLing this as a side project, since the chapters are so short....

Paps and Minokyuu like this.
  20. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 141 : Hmm I see so he's gonna eat her. No pun intended :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Shield Loyalist and Valcryst like this.