Request A Non P2W Online game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SageRozenburg, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo.. And if you consider Fallout 76 to be a game... But i heard they going to make it even worse with p2w buff, but for now, it's not p2w

2. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not like an online game stopped you from doing so... So ya, I guess you can.

3. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    i can consider grinding games, is class/community/player balances are properly executed. One of the reason i hate Aura kingdom now because PVP is owned by Wallet warriors, back in the day you can still defeat Wallet warriors with skill and fast hands, now if you dont have equipment u cant even damage them, i once saw 1 P2W player get jumped by 7 players and he didnt even lose 20% of his hp.

4. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    doesnt matter Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are still pretty fun, i usually get a new mod at nexus and it keeps me busy of a couple of days, if i get bored i just get new mods, rinse and repeat, skyrim is a old gal and it still entertains me.

5. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Uncharted Water Online - you can pay to buy supership but you can also buy those supership from player that sold them at player bazaar or just ask any guild member that have shipwright skill to make them for you. Just be careful, Asia and America have a lot of Pirate/PVP player

6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then how about Warframe. Its free, its grindy but mostly everything about it is so free that there's even one time that they had a microtransactions in the game but had to removed it due to a certain player spamming his card for a lvl boost. The community is nice and helpful to noobs, and the downside is only grinding which is mostly the only downside of the game actually. It has shooting stuff but you can basically focus on melee if you like.

7. namige

namige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of Dice is sort of pay 2 win but you can have a lot of fun f2p imo.
    Once you've cleared some grindy bits a lot of them can be put on autoplay and there's a fair amount of strategy in how you make your teams.
    And the art is amazing!!!

8. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    looks good, but how is a population doing?, one reason i turn my back on world of tanks is that new player population is dwindling.

9. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    guild wars

10. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah looks good, wait let me check on gameplay, ill get back to you.

namige likes this.
  11. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I practically only play 2 online games regularly now so I don't have much to say and I don't know whether you'll like those but I'll say it just in case.

Warframe
    An action-third person shooter games that is pretty popular. I just played recently so I don't know whether it's a P2W games, well technically I guess you can buy better gear early game with cash but those are also can be obtained by grinding. Well, not much to say about this one since I'm just a noob at this.

Toram Online
    A casual MMORPG games for mobile. Although it's a mobile game, unlike those Chinese mobile "MMORPG" that over-sature the market recently, it's a decent one.
    Gameplay is mediocre at best compared to recent MMOs on PC, and pretty grindy without any guide. It is reminiscent to older PC MMORPG like ragnarok. But the one main draw for this game is character customization, probably the best among mobile rpgs and perhaps any Anime MMORPG on PC.
    It's also regularly updated too. About once every 1 or 2 months, they usually add new area and content into the game. I recommend this if you like character customization or just playing dress up with your character. Honestly, it's worth just to play to create your ideal character, then left and come back after 1-2 months later to see the new contents.

12. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    looks fun, is this online? and whats the total game size?

13. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess i was rather unclear about my rant on Pay 2 Win, back in the day i dont really mind the pay 2 win aspect of games, since back then you can compensate with player skill, but right in this era of gaming Pay 2 Win become an armor of unfairness, if this was a novel its called a plot armor, back when world of tanks young pay 2 win aspects is not as great now they sell tanks that cannot be penetrated frontally,

this toram online looks interesting, whats the total size of this game?

14. namige

namige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's online. About 1gb on my phone.
    Unfortunately it updates so there's downloads and a bit of a wait everytime you start....

15. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Hee, I see.
    Well, the cash item in this game is purely just cosmetic, storage expansion, or stat reset items. Also sometimes they give away cash currency for free during events, so it's not like you have to spend real money to get those. I got a lot of cosmetic items and storage expansion during those kind of events. Only paying money to buy stat reset and new characters slot.

As for the size. On Google play its around 100 mb-ish? I don't remember it's already a long time since I installed it on my phone.

Well the game gradually downloaded some compressed data when you enter new area. I heard if you entered all of the area it will be around 1 to 1.5 GB on your phone memory, mine is still only 600 mb since I uninstalled it once.

If you still want to play it, I recommend looking for guide on how to fast level to level cap on Youtube. You can probably get to level cap in one week with guide. Or if you're like me, you can just play leisurely.

16. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    black desert online
    MMORPG like always you dont need to grind too much well you can just be lifeskilling guy

17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    But Wolfie who translated The Amber Sword said that Black Desert Online is a P2W through and through.

18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Starcraft 2. There's the coop mode where you play against the computer with another player. You can pay for additional commanders to play, but it's not necessary to win. You can win just as easily with the free commanders you get just from registering and they're not bad. Playing as Raynor means you get superhealer medics, orbital-dropped marines and battlecruisers. Playing as Kerrigan allows you to build up a zergling army quickly and reinforce pretty much everywhere on the battlefield. Playing as Artanis allows you to warp in any Protoss troops anywhere and expand early without building pylon from the start as one of Artanis's level up includes full psi from the start.

You can also play ladder if you want, but Ai-chan isn't good with competitive play.

It's completely free now. There's the Starcraft store where you can buy new Coop commander, skins or announcers, but they have no effect on gameplay.

Ai-chan would suggest Starborne, if Ai-chan can even start playing it. All the servers are bloody full! But it's free, so you might wanna have a look. They said they'll be launching another server soon, but Ai-chan doesn't know when.

19. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Drevart

Drevart [Eternal illusion][Tea lover][MC RLOAT]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess Tera Online can suite that point the main focus of IRL cash there are costumes. And maybe some EXP buffs but no p2w elements as far as I remember. The sad thing the servers may be dead by now