Discussion A novel that you dropped, and why

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lachiel, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    So everyone has that one novel that you just had to drop because something happened and you just didn't want to bother with the novel anymore.

For me it was CCM, At some point it becomes borderline kiddy.. xxx.. ._. noty. dropped like a rock (Yes I know its still on my reading list. I'm just waiting for Tony's revamped list to put it in a category.

Tratuk, xociss, qwerty and 1 other person like this.
  2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    CCM for being incredibly whacked out. Given the thread I just created me dropping a story for that reason should really say something. Other than that it's just not tracking it because of infrequent or unscheduled updates.

qwerty likes this.
  3. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Mga Chapter 40 something/ Reason: It was just bad

Em_Rez, fluffymigs and qwerty like this.
  4. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh that's why I'm fully enjoying the reading list right now. I can't be bothered to remember 300 novels just because they update slowly. Hell if I happened to forget the story and go "What is this!" I just need to re-read a chapter and I'll know what I'm reading again.. Q_Q This reading list is a life saver.

qwerty likes this.
  5. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    CCM for the pedophilia. I don't care if the MC is 10, you don't gotta add a masturbation scene involving kids.

Martial God Asura. I dislike rape, I dislike the dude's fricken sociopath mentality, I dislike how all the girls are crowding him cause plot pheromones, and I dislike the repetition of plots. How many times does he have to beat tournaments and take down so-called geniuses? About 20 times before I finally quit.

Martial God Space. Too much repetition of descriptions and events.

Chaotic Sword God. Worst beginning ever... it was chaotic~~ I mean it, the author just wrote things as he felt. Very boring.

qwerty likes this.
  6. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaotic Sword God: this is pretty much the novel, my soul is so strong so i should be able to do this.... my training methods are great due to my previous life i am amazing.... lets go train, and lets join a mercenary group, lets not forget to hide my strength so the mercenary groups don't kill me because i am stronger than them. Woops we forgot about the bandits, how can i leave out the bandits, the bandits think i am weak, but they are in for a suprise. What about the monster, "omg that monster is so strong, i have to use all my power to kill it, i am about to die... omg my soul is so powerful, that is why i was saved". Forest, okay let me spend 100 chapters in a forest admiring the trees. And lastly there is no human interaction, he meets couple of people and that's it.
    and this may not be a popular opinion but
    Stellar transformation: Skipped 4 volumes, and still knew exactly what happened in the story (pretty much the main reason i don't like IET novels).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  7. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind forgetting. Rereading something you enjoyed isn't exactly a waste of time.

Edit: I dropped CCM before the scene described above. Also never read Stephen Kings It. Just don't.

qwerty and CDLevit like this.
  8. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind it either. :) was just saying If I ever come to a point where a novel pops up in my feed and I have to question, re-reading it won't hurt me in the least. :).

qwerty likes this.
  9. superposhposh

superposhposh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PMG: The MC is getting really annoying with that 'cold indifference' shit and the fact that he happens to offend every single person he meets.

10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    so far the novels you guys dropped are of Chinese origin... well, let me join you,
    Name: Mai Kitsune Waifu
    Reason: the MC's an Idiot and not MC material also he a coward and has a weird sense of justice and always going on and on about his grandpa.

qwerty and makenai89 like this.
  11. ejemss

ejemss Professional Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF bro you really think MGA is bad?

Skoll028 and qwerty like this.
  12. makenai89

makenai89 The Divine Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with CCM and Mai Kitsune Waifu. I dropped both too for similar reason...with the intention to stay far, far away...

And dropped Juvenile Medical God, even before Flower Bridge Too dropped it. Because it is just wacky.

qwerty likes this.
  13. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    the story and characters of mga are pretty bad, i just read it because it has good action. And fast translations.

qwerty likes this.
  14. ejemss

Reading List:
    Link
    if u dislike MGA then u must dislike ATG as well??

qwerty likes this.
  15. ejemss

Reading List:
    Link
    good action but bad story ah.

qwerty likes this.
  16. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao atg is even worse than mga, their are more fillers in atg than in the one piece anime...
    and the arguement of chu feng vs yun che. Is completely non existent because half thing chu feng i could understand, because he still young and doesn't have a lot of years of experience. While yun che has lived two lives and still acts recklessly.

FAiri110 and qwerty like this.
  17. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually couldn't get past chapter 2 for JMG, I don't know why but I just couldn't read past it.

While it is true the story is pretty bad I think the characters have their own personalities. If anything I read it for the characters more so then the story at this point.. (not the MC yo..)
    It doesn't have to be like that, both of those novels have their own writing styles, and the main characters are diferent in a way. It just isn't everyones cup of tea.

qwerty and makenai89 like this.
  18. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you ment to say a Naruto anime.. One piece anime from what I've seen has few filler... and the ones that do are canon in a way due to the author writing them and putting them in the manga.
    I could list off a few JP novels that I dropped like a rock, Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World is one I just dropped like a rock due to the story being slow as balls, and the MC being a shit.

Edit- I double posted for the first time.. fudge.

qwerty and Satan like this.
  19. DavidKim

DavidKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arifureta, I felt like the plot sorta just dispersed after he got out of the dungeon and just added several random characters to his team.

fluffymigs, qwerty and CDLevit like this.
  20. Yun Feng

Yun Feng New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The desolate era... honestly i cant get past volume 1 its so boring lol i have tried numerous times but i just cant.... and chaotic sword god cause the mercenary/bandits arc was boring and the whole op soul that doesnt even get explained properly

fluffymigs, qwerty and CDLevit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.