Recommendations a novel where real villainess slowly becomes a decent person

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MCha007, Mar 22, 2019.

1. MCha007

MCha007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be grateful for recommendations.

So far met only with only two such developments:

1. Lilia from 'Haunted Duke's Daughter'
    2. (still not exactly a 'decent person' but I believe she'll get there eventually). Jin Sahyuk from 'The Novel's Extra'

Thanks in advance

2. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you counted jin sahyuk then there’s at least one villainess in monster who levels up who kinda fit. Same author of novels extra too btw.

MCha007 likes this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by "real" villainess ?

Is the series :
    I Don’t Want to Become a Villainess, So I Aim at Becoming a Perfect Lady Together with the Prince!
    not good ?

4. MCha007

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, will try it out.

I mean a genuinely bad or evil person, not 'I just transmigrated into a villainess body and I'll be a good girl now' situation.
    Also, thanks for the recommendation, haven't read this one, will try it out too.

Gin_Hindew and luckyman89 like this.
  5. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Sychry

Sychry Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to slim down my husband or danna-sama

Gin_Hindew, MCha007 and Sherrynity like this.
  7. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    MCha007 likes this.
  8. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    Hated young lady accept her fate, I swear I won't bother you again. Akuyaku reijo wa danna-sama wo yasesasetai

MCha007 likes this.
  9. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was gonna recommend something but Tsuru55 already recommended it.

I thought hard, it's not a villainess but Hataraku Maou-sama! should be similar to that, right? Responsibilities and society turn them into respectable working class people.

Oh right! I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! matches! (Edit: Argh! Dammit. Even this has been recommended before I hit enter.)
    There was another one which had a novel I kind of remember, but last I saw the novel was not translated. And the girl wasn't bad either. She was just really skilled and haughty so people thought she was getting ahead of herself and ended up misunderstanding her.

MCha007 likes this.
  10. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is supposed to be evil or I should say cold blooded

11. MCha007

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all of the recommendations. Will check them out for sure.

12. Surumalhotra

Surumalhotra Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every vicious women needs a loyal man.

13. erikvio

erikvio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're willing to check out English web novels, try reading The Gods are Bastards by D. D. Webb. There's a HUGE cast of characters, all with their own worldviews. A few villainesses in the mix - some mature and become decent, but all of the antagonists are at least a little a bit sympathetic, if not at first. Most of the characters operate in shades of gray.

Book 1 was a little rough, but everything from book 2 onwards has been such a wild ride. If you get iffy about the vehemence of the worldviews presented by characters, keep in mind that it's the characters talking, and conflicting opinions are brought up and argued by other characters often.

The entire premise is that a seemingly D&D world is on the cusp of change in all aspects of society, and the entire world is left reeling trying to cope. This is a summary of the world from a minor character (don't worry, the writing gets much less info dumpy after book 1):

“What troubles me?” He felt his own shoulders tensing further as he spoke, despite her ministrations. “What shouldn’t trouble me, Lillian? There’s been too much progress, too fast. It’s not just magical conveniences and technologies, or even weapons. Too many new ideas, too much travel and communication; the populace has been slapped in the face with the whole size of the world and the diversity of the people in it, and they’re reacting about as well as one would expect to their children growing up learning dwarven philosophy and elvish ideas about sex and love.” He sat up, leaning forward out of her grasp. “And the Church, may their own Pantheon piss on the Archpope in alphabetical order, has taken ruthless advantage to increase their own sway with the people. The Church and the Throne have always existed in a careful balance, but we are both militarizing. It’s tradition against progress all over the Empire, but this time both sides are militarizing.” The Emperor stood up and began to pace rapidly. “I’m sitting atop a fault line into which every citizen of my Empire is constantly pouring black powder and oil of combustion. Yes, I am troubled.”

The plot follows all the various factions that have a stake in the shape the world turns out, and we find that much hinges on the same handful of individuals over and over again.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  14. Pauwee05

Pauwee05 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know where I can read the raw manga of I swear I won't bother you again.?