Discussion A Place to Rant about Sovieshu from 'Remarried Empress'

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Cynge42, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Cynge42

Cynge42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The spoiler page was getting a little frustrating with the rants about how bad the 1st husband is. Then there were all the rants about the 1st husband rants takng up too much spoiler page space just became the straw that broke the camel's back.

Here my fellow readers of Remarried Empress rant away!

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS HERE BECAUSE THE DUMB A** 1ST HUSBAND IS VERY TRIGGERING WITH ALMOST EVERY WORD HE SPEAKS.

That being said, please be respectful of each other and head to the spoiler page for really good spoilers.

Found here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/remarried-empress.87804/

Let the ranting begin!

qpzmal, afelice and kyuukestu like this.
  2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing about Sovieshu is, he's not thinking with logic. He's thinking with rose colored glass and the belief that he's the center of the universe.

Basically he's a jerk, but there's quite a lot of people who sadly, act the same way irl

3. Cynge42

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll start.

The emperor, Sovieshu has got to be the worst antagonist I've read to date. And I've read Hidden Marriage where Ning Xi's parents abandoned her for the scheming wench that made the mom have a miscarriage.

I know this is fiction, but that guy is like every single bad date I ever went on, every single stupid boyfriend I broke up with for good reason, every single bad boyfriend/husband you've seen your friends go through, all rolled into this one soon to be ex-husband. He has got to have sooooo many bad things happen to him to make up for the 67 chapters i have had to read about him and how stupid he really is.

I'll probably have more later. He is in a lot more of the book.

afelice likes this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was about a certain japanese webnovel platform lol

5. Cynge42

Reading List:
    Link
    So, yes there are guys like this irl who don't know good from bad. Who enable their mistress and are rude to their spouse. Fortunately, I don't associate with many of them irl.

Like, who could be with a person like that for very long before telling him to go scr*w himself and leaving him in the dust.

Plus, he saw how his parents were and we got a small glimpse of the life with the dad having many concubines and the how the mom had her feelings hurt. Sovieshu is the worst.

I seriously hate this guy.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was Sovieshu Ruttsia.:hmm:

7. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the webtoon/manhwa, the plot is just so-so. When there is the magical potion thing from this duke arids country, it felt forced actually. And sovieshu as the scanlation group told is trashoe...

Cynge42 likes this.
  8. Eternalce1

Eternalce1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least I have a role model on how not to be a jackass in the future.

9. Cynge42

Reading List:
    Link
    What are these? Another novel to read or a ooace to read them?

Here I am, 2 chapters later, taking a deep breath, thanking the spoilers page for letting me know when they actually get divorced, and trying to be logical about this.

1. It's a book
    2. The guy has to treat her bad or she wouldn't leave and want to remarry
    3. Some people just don't mesh in life
    4. This guy is a fr**king moron!

I hope the mistress ruins his country and his life! All because he let a slave become a concubine

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
  10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw source

Cynge42 likes this.
  11. Cynge42

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers lied to.me through posts.. I hate it when Spoilers do that!

The divorce did not happen in the chapters of the 80s.
    I'm still reading it, but I'm ready for the empress to dump his b*tt.

I have kind of figured out the emperor really does like his mistress, but right now it seems he brought her home to get a reaction from the empress.
    The emperor has the EQ of a pre-teen boy. 'The mistress will make the empress fight for me', is the feeling I get that the author was trying to let us see. I may be wrong, but this is what it feels like to me.

12. yooshin

yooshin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is going to be a little long...

I HATE HIM. Every vein in my body hates him. To think that they were childhood friends and were even in really good terms at one point! And I don't know if Sovieshit has tunnel vision or is just plain blind, but the fact that he just condemns Navier of being--oh I don't know--BAD just doesn't sit right with me. He of all people should know that Navier isn't that cruel or villainous since he grew up with her. But NO. The frustration I felt when he's in the scenes is just too much. Yeah he wants a loving and doting wife, but BRUH you didn't really need to take in a concubine to make her jealous. There are other ways to do it! But he just had to make everything worse.

And another thing, he's going to divorce her and not intend to let her marry. The nobles are against it cause hello she's the perfect empress. The empire will fall if his other rat would become empress and sit on the throne. What is she going to do when the empire is in a crisis? Cry her way out of it? It's honestly so annoying and Sovieshit is just plain shit I just can't with him. He divorces her and then when she asks to be remarried he stops her? What a hypocrite.

Now that he let her go he regrets and wants to take her back?! He had a lot of time to make everything better between them but he just spent it frolicking with his other rat and making things worse. I'm so glad our Empress decided she's having none of it and ditched the stupid a**wipe.

13. PoppetHex

PoppetHex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idiocy! Utter idiocy! He was taught the etiquettes & ways of the aristocracy but he uses dumb logic for every argument. He chooses to listen & believe an ILLITERATE & UNCULTURED slave ( yes bashing Trashta while at it )
    I'm already waiting for the divorce. That man can go to the trash & stay there for all I care.

qpzmal likes this.
  14. MinariN

MinariN Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TRUE!! But the most frustrating part is that he was childhood friends with Navier and yet he chose to admonish her and believe the others. HE SHOULD KNOW HER BETTER THAN ANYONE BUT HE'S JUST TOO STUPID. He probably has tunnel vision. If his empire will crumble it's all on him.

qpzmal likes this.
  15. yooshin

yooshin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

In the translated version of the novel, the divorce did indeed not happen in the 80s. But in the raws it happened around Episode 83. But yes indeed, Sovieshit is just plain scum. :D

Cynge42 and MinariN like this.
  16. MinariN

MinariN Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil me? :sushi_singing:

17. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I do enjoy his nickname made by haters. sovieshit def fits him and what I remember him by lol

18. Tarnar

Tarnar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I'm reading the raws and hit the latest one I have to say that from the beginning the story was wast and amazingly deep. Huge PROS to the author. Seriously.
    I jumped into the novel with mixed feelings after I read the comments about the webtoon, but then after spending 3 days and two sleepless nights reading chapter after chapter laughing from time to time, sometimes shedinng a tear because of charatcters anguish I was in awe. This is a rare piece found from the millions.
    And when the chapters hit 200+ I was smashed.

I know ppl don't like Sovieshu and are fanning over Heinley, but I must confess the despair of the first emperor and the ruthleness of the second one just destroyed me. Reading the story seriously hurts me physicaly.

I know many of the readers would say to Sovieshu: "Hey! Serves you right!" After all he divorced his beloved wife to get the kid so he could get a family, so he deserved to be punished blah blah. But his suffering is just too much.
    He lost his wife, he lost his child, then he lost himself, and you could omitt it but he's losing his country too. One such loss would be enough to destroy a man.
    In my opinion he doesn't deserve all this hate from the readers.

Yes. He made a mistake with bringing Rashta into his home, his weakness was in that he get ahead of himself and get close to the slave. She was different and fresh. She acted more spountanious, like Navier used to when they were kids. It drawned Sovieshu to Rashta and as he went ahead with the bubbly feelings everything went down. He didn't consult with Navier, he didn't told her about anything, he just assumed things. Assumed she would understand, because they knew each other their whole lives. Asssumed she would always be on his side. They were married for 10 years, known each other even more so it looks like he just decided for the both of them. But the love was true. Maybe it wasn't romantical, maybe there were no fireworks etc., but they were friends, they were a family. Small, distorted family made or more like prepared since their birth by their parents and teachers, yet still close, loving family. He trusted her, and she trusted him. They did everything in their lives perfectly. And yet they fell apart with the help of one crack on their porcelain castle - the feeling of betrayal.
    I know Navier was betrayed and hurt badly by Sovieshu taking the mistress, by his stupid plan with divorce, child and all that crap. I agree that she should not forgive her ex-housband easly, or come back to him, or let him into her live again as a partner, but they should reconcile in some way. They were so close to each other. It takes time to forget the pain and forgive. She survived everything and even managed to jump into another relationship, yet I cannot be happy for her. Not with her new man. She did the same thing! She assumed things, went with her own plan, didn't talk, didn't find the time to straight everything out. And now she thinks she's happy while living with a huge liar Heinley. You might laugh at me, but I'm crying like a stupid for her, yes for imaginary character from a novel.

Heinley - plotted to destroy a whole nation, use underhandded tactics to destroy wizards lives in mentioned country, killed (I have no idea how many, but) many people during and after he married Navier, then placed a smiley mask on his face and pretended to be someone else. Many readers sing songs about his love for Navier, yet she doesn't even know the real him!!! She knows and loves (now that she accepted her feelings and tell them aloud) the fake Heinely, a man who shows her his 'playboy version' which he wants her to see and love. My heart is crying for her to wake up. He's manipulative and fake, also ruthless and greedy. I know that 'he was there' for her when she was going through hard times, but his plotting ablity is just amazing. I just cannot like him. I'm seriously hurt of how bad Navier live went on. Is she really happy like this? Will she understand things? Or will she assume things again and go along with them? It's so hard.

And the plot of Duke Ergy? I have so many bad feelings about it it's best to just omitt him so there will be no more blood.

Please forgive me for ranting, but I have now a huge empty hole inside me, and after so much anguish I felt this past few days I had to put some thoughs together.

Dianille and radical6 like this.
  19. whore4femboys

whore4femboys New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean I absolutely hate him, but it's more a love hate relationship if I'm honest. Honestly since even before Rasta died, I just loved watching him suffer lolol; like when he was crying to the portrait or when he spent the whole night waiting outside her window. I just want him to keep on crying and suffer lmao. Also wait, are we just not going to talk about how he asked Navier to let him be her concubine?? Like uhm chile neways

20. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone spoil me at what chapter they divorce pls
    Also is there difference between the webtoon and novel?