Discussion A question about ratings.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kuro no Maou, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading a few novel teasers lately and I've noticed that despite these being prologues or whatever, they still get ratings (one that was posted today has like 10, and it was part 1 of chapter 1). Why are people so quick to judge a novel? Whether you give a good rating or a bad one, why don't they wait some more before judging? And what do you guys personally think?

2. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont give shit to rating, so i never rated everything nor i actually care about it

but you know there's more weird people here at NUF than normal average people that like to give rating 1 if there's a genre/tag that they dislike in the novel, not like they read it though

ElTorroLoco and Gunji Murgi like this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tags, titles, authors, or, even, god forbid, bad prologue translations.

4. DarknessWolf

DarknessWolf The Neutral, The Chaotic, Summoner, Lone Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I never rate, read and watch to the end.
    Ps: Now @GonZ555 got cult! :eek:

GonZ555 likes this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    to troll around I was like that years ago:whistle:

6. ZeusTheAlmighty

ZeusTheAlmighty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people might have mtl the raws and have a rough understanding of where the story goes

7. saffu

saffu dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoutout to guys who rate 5/5 with 2 chapters translated, you are this site's true treasures

8. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care about ratings. If you took away ALL 1's and 10's however, I would probably pay them some attention. Of course even if you did, 2's and 9's would then become the same and the situation would revert to the starting point.

9. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be nice if the rating system was actually useful, but it never will be if anyone can vote for anything. This novel already has 19 5star votes and there is 1 chapter out. It's a combination of people getting as many people to vote 5 as possible to push the ranking up, and people voting on the author, not the book.

Not to mention, plenty of people can't even use the 2, 3, or 4 either. The whole system is a sham but it's incredibly difficult because there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. The only solutions that I can come up with are to either have accounts marked as 'trusted' and their reviews/ratings appear on top or seperate, or have a similar system but not for 'trusted' accounts, but accounts which are ranked in the top 250 or so. There's no easy solution.

You can argue that people read the raws but I'm not buying it. Not that many people.

10. Hydropoop

Hydropoop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course you rate the novel based on what's already translated, how else are you to do so?
    Lets say you have read 10 chapters and it's terrible, but someone says that in later chapters, its better. Does that change the fact that what you read was crap? No. You rate on what you have read.

If you hated the first chapter, you rate it low so that people can choose not to waste their time. If you liked it, you rate it high so that people would want to read it too. You can't rate the novel based on how good the entire novel is when you haven't read it.

thymee and AmanoMai like this.
  11. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    People can rate based on tags, titles and author alone. They dont have to read the novel to do so. So.. its because they feel like it I guess. Based on mood and whim.

12. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^this so true :v like issth its crap no matter how ppl say later chapters is good crap is crap :v

13. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    rating is so over-rated~ (lol)
    people sometimes put exaggerated numbers just because they like it or not. so if the rating only has a dozen or less of people rating them, don't believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.