Discussion A random thought..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AzureZero, May 11, 2019.

1. AzureZero

AzureZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a random thought, I was thinking back on life choices like we all do at 3 in the morning about how a person is usually remembered by. So, usually, we remember people for 1 of 2 reasons, 1. Feeling indebted to them. 2. Dislike for the person (while over time this dislike could change...). So what if you manage to make a persons life happier but yet don't let them feel indepted to you... I feel that these types of people are forgotten extremely fast, only slower than a neutral person. Anyway, this is just a random thought and I'm just ranting so...

VOLX98, Bad Storm, kenar and 3 others like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.

Now go back to sleep; ungodly hours r not 4 pondering.

VOLX98, AzureZero, jbturkle and 6 others like this.
  3. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 2 a.m. here... and I miss my family..

Here I am responding your random thought with mine..

Alva Quinn, VOLX98, AzureZero and 2 others like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm:
    I say, next time, prepare some coffee (one that is strong and rich with caffeine), add some dark chocolate to the side and when you wake up at 3am to think about such matters, drink the coffee, eat the chocolate, assume this posture
    [​IMG]
    And think, when you reach the answer, tell me, because I want to know too :hmm:

VOLX98, Loni4ever, AzureZero and 2 others like this.
  5. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it matter what happens to them? You will forget about them anyway whether you like it or not.

VOLX98 and AzureZero like this.
  6. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    In my whole life (~20y) I consider only 1 Person my friend and I honestly don't regret disliking all the others. It may be sad for some but I honestly think dealing with life on my own is better.

VOLX98, AzureZero, Bad Storm and 2 others like this.
  7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Truth, I remember of my 3th year in school when the teacher asked for 25 cents to print a paper with the work but in that moment I'd not money and she said to me pay later and I did never pay again, cuz I forget to pay her and in the next week I "sorry, but I can't" because the feeling about being right is akward and gets bigger how much time take. So, I avoid her even today when I meet her but I'll keep in this way, you know, much more than 15 years has pass and the snow ball is going... Wait, I can adjust to inflation and give some interest in the 25 cents but noooo... it's getting worse, I'm not able to do it.

VOLX98 and AzureZero like this.
  9. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    When I lend money, I try my hardest not to remember. Most people (friends?) that borrow money don't have a conscience anyway...
    Well, that's hard. Making someone feel indebted to you means that you've done something of great note to them. But most people don't like looking vulnerable or anything so usually, interactions are too shallow for something of great note to happen.

I'd still choose being neutral most of the times. I don't think I'd care much about being forgotten by people I don't care about anyway.

Loni4ever, kenar and AzureZero like this.
  10. AzureZero

AzureZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahaha. Just woken up. Thanks guys. Have a great week guys.

VOLX98, kenar and otaku31 like this.
  11. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    There's only one instance (that came to mind without starting a full on brainstorming) where I'm pretty sure the reason why I remember that person is because I dislike(d) them. But that was from my pre kindergarten days, I didn't have much emotional control and understanding of human nature yet xD
    Now I rarely let dislike develop to the point where it tops my positive emotions for people, and I also don't like getting indebted to someone... so that's why I don't remember anyone :blobwoah::blobjoy: jk
    Do those two criteria fit the people you remember most?

I usually don't press the matter but once I DO remember, and it's like ages afterwards and they haven't paid me back, I take that as a con for being close to them. I'd like people to remember on their own and pay it back without me having to remind them, as I do. Imo those few (or not few) bucks or whatever are probably worth a lot less than the friendship you have with that person. If someone isn't responsible/doesn't value the friendship enough to pay it back and eliminate potential future conflicts through that on their own, then good riddance.
    Of course, that's not a total make or break point, but it'll be noted and factures into things in case of future doubts about this friendship... sounds kinda harsh but well, I just like making life easy for myself :blobjoy:

Donutmindme and Bad Storm like this.
  12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Money is just money.
    While I do note that some aren't responsible enough, I just like feeling pleasantly surprised when someone did. So yeah, better not stress about it at all xD

Loni4ever likes this.
  13. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    though that probably only works if you really think it's fine ... I don't think I'd be able to xD money is indeed just a bit of paper but it signifies time and energy, and both of those are quite valuable to me ... I dunno, it's just kinda weird :blobjoy:

Bad Storm likes this.
  14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    Maybe I should be more money conscious?
    I dunno. It really stresses me out when people don't fulfill their end of agreement so I just try to forget about it altogether.... :blobpeek:

Loni4ever likes this.
  15. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    that's understandable XD I also tend to just put things aside and not mind them if there's nothing I can really do about them. It definitely helps with staying sane and functioning :blobjoy:

Bad Storm likes this.
  16. Tea Fragrance

Tea Fragrance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who's anxiety ridden for the better part of her life, I'll like you to know that people who made me smile are all fondly remembered in my heart even though I might not have spoken to them for years. Sure, I might not stay up till 3 in the morning to think about them individually. But whenever I pause to take a breather and count my blessings, all these lovely people comes to mind. Do I remember all these people clearly and distinctively? No. I might have even forgotten about some of them. But have all these people touched my life positively? Yes.
    I hope sleep made you felt better!

AzureZero and Loni4ever like this.