LCD A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by bluefire, Feb 23, 2016.

1. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Author has started a sequel to RMJI. Both DD and Portal to Wonderland got lukewarm response on Qidian compared to RMJI which was #1. Author gave a rushed ending to both. I guess he now believes that only RMJI can get him his famw back...so he launched the new sequel set in Immortal World.

Rapacity and mrttao like this.
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shame about DD being rushed. Portal to wonderland is bad, but DD is pretty decent

my mind boggle at RMJI getting number 1. It is an ok story, but incredibly bland. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has no obvious huge mistakes like so many other stories.

3. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Only good thing about RMJI is the avoidance of major plot armor. The rest of it is just bland with a MC with no strong traits who accidentally finds romance. Personally I think the cultivation techniques in DD and Portal to Wonderland more interesting but both of them also fail at building relationships with other characters in the story.

mrttao likes this.
  4. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    RMJI was #1 when it was released. DD and PoW got poor response because author used the same bland MC formula. Chinese readers were already used to much more interesting protagonists.

And all his stories end in same way.

Rapacity and mrttao like this.
  5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Author and IET have the same problem, better at World Building than Characterization.

6. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Wheeeew

This arc went for so long. And the whole time our MC was put in a passive position since everyone was way too op for him. Usually if this was another novel you'd never doubt the !c was gonna split away with the treasure easy. But this whole time he stood no chance. It would have been a miracle if he even got out in one piece. And when everyone was busy and bone sage said he'd get half that's the best possible thing that could have happened. But who thought what happened next. When MCs get treasures I usually just ignore it since it doesn't seem like they earned it. Here is the same but the situation is it doesn't seem like he should even have anything and lucked out somehow

This is the type of thing where he will literally need to hide for the next 200 years to buff up otherwise people will murder him and there is nothing he can do

He didn't even get the treasure yet and I'm not 100% yet
    Something or someone could be hiding lol

Man this novel is great

7. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    So did Han li get the cauldron or not after the fight because i cant tell

8. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else disappointed about how Han Li is handling women? Even if he doesn't want to turn them into cultivation cauldrons he has had good relations with two different sects that had dual cultivation techniques. There is the one from his former country that he accidentally hooked up with that core formation lady and then in the new sea he was a sect elder of the exquisite Sound Sect. The first sect would have only been a maybe but the Exquisite Sound Sect should have given him a dual cultivation technique. He had two female cultivators that said they would give themselves to him so make it a win-win situation. He still knows how to make all of those low level spiritual medicine to help increase cultivation and can make as many foundation pills as he wants with his cheat. POWER BOAST THEM!!! Get them up to a high level so they will greatly help your own cultivation. Heck he could even offer to teach them one of the many techniques he knows for payment as well or even teach them how to fight but no deny them all because they will effect your ability to move. You know you could just set up a hidden location in the area and keep it as your hideout and keep the girls there until they get a high cultivation. Only if Han Li had a hidden island that was surrounded by mist that most cultivators ignored. . . Wait he did.

Also with his cheat I think it would have been a lot smarter for him to start up a secret sect and build up strength during this time of chaos. Rescue those other girls of the Exquisite Sound Sect who were the loyal ones and take them to your hidden island and put them through cultivation power leveling as well. Han Li have an infinite supply of cultivation pills and materials since he grows it all himself.

Just imagine a female army of late foundation or core formation cultivators who could use puppets or bambo lightening swords. Heck he still has the bone devils full cultivation technique as well and many other high end cultivation techniques Han Li could start a very powerful sect.

emry and mrttao like this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. and not only women, men as well that try to befriend him all get the cold shoulder. MC is extremely anti social. spending his entire life in a cave. only coming out of his cave when he needs more resources. at which point he will find the first suicidal mission, recognize it IC as suicidal, mumble to himself for a while, and then "cautiously" accept (informed state, there is nothing cautious about it)

Then he will go to a place. and literally everyone but him will die. he will get away with some new treasure. and possibly a setback.

AardwarkThe2nd and KidBuu like this.
  10. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    He is just terrible at using the cheat that he has been given. Han Li is using it on such a small scale when he could be doing so much more with it. First off there is using the cheat to help start a sect by giving foundation pills and the qi gathering medicine to his sect members and boasting them up. Heck with the sword qi cultivation that he uses he could spread that to the other members of his sect and in time they would be full of core formation cultivators. Once the sect has strength make his pill concocting level known to the world and let outside cultivators be able to order pills from him like he mentioned happened in his old country.

But what annoys me the most is his ignorance of auctions and the continuous need to go out and find treasures. With how hum people want pills and aged medical plants he could just disguise himself and go to large auctions and sell the items there. With the amount of money he would make from that he could buy the treasures from those auctions instead of risking his life. Another thing is from my understanding the high level demon beasts can talk to people, why not try to trade them for the black demon grass? Its already said that the grass he needs for his new pill is completely useless to the high level beasts so I would bet that they would be more than willing to trade for some high grade plants. Only problem with that would be finding a beast who is willing to talk in the first place.

Now I kind of understand his avoidance of sects and other people with what happened to him in his early life. His first master betrayed him and only wanted to posses his body. First sect planned to kill him after he displayed to much strength. Second master was alright but then he learned that his second sect used him and many other as a sacrificial decoy. So he has trust issues but in all of these situations he was the follower and thats only an excuse to not be the follower but to be the master.

mrttao likes this.
  11. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    It isnt a sect building novel besides Han Li is an extremely solo type guy
    All the MCs of this author are ad that to the fact with how much location changing happens

tbh with how much a struggle is to get foundation pills in this novel youd think hed just gather a group of late qi folk and make em loyal and generate a huge foundation establishment corps to do his bidding behind the scenes but nah

12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but it should be. MC has all the tools and reasons. But he chooses not to for no reason other than the author not wanting to write that kind of story.

13. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I just look at his personality and it doesnt fit
    Even when he became an elder of one he might aswell not existed with not there and doing anything he was besides he doesnt like standing out or exposing his wealth

/////
    Trapped
    I wonder how he will get out of this
    Usually he just runs but this guy is too fast and is also way too strong. Might need some thinking instead. Atleast his bottlenect issue will be solved and now we can concentrate on the next tier since he just got the plant

14. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine if the stronger demon beast cultivators could notice an aura of someone who killed alot of their kind. Happens in other novels

Han Li would have been killed thousands of times over lol with how many he killed

15. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone can give me spoiler about which chapter Han Li reaches the Nascent Soul stage please? :cookie:

16. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh look another women who wants to be a cultivation partner with the Mc I wonder what he will do. Oh denying another woman for what reason? Your ability to run? But you are late core formation unless a soul formation expert comes after him he doesn't have to worry and he is also planning on advancing soon. Her having to wait on you? WTF kind of reason is that. Neither one of you are in the Qi stage, which is the only stage that having your virginity matters at all, and if you are worried about her face give her a damn face-setting pill. Unless the mc is gay, which he did take quite a lot of looks at that guy at that Star Sect who used female arts, or he is trying to be a "sage" by not having sex I have no clue what he is thinking. Maybe the author is just really, really shy when it comes to women and doesn't know anything besides writing scenes of accidental sexual encounters that involve drugs. Oh and by the way I am not promoting the author to write sexual scenes in the novel but it would be very easy to just say that Han and some girl just went into the back room by themselves to do some dual cultivation together.

mrttao likes this.
  17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, MC is giving her enough pills to get to core formation... so they could be in closed cultivation together, him using pills to break into nascent soul and she using pills to break into gold core... I mean, it doesn't work because of the mysterious issue with pills not working all of a sudden, but MC's plans are really nonsensical

KidBuu likes this.
  18. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh there is another point that bugs the crap out of me involving Han and all of the females who want to cultivate with him. So far there has been 3 that have actually made an effort and he has denied but do you remember what was in that cauldron that Han really wanted? It was a pill that useless to nascent soul cultivators but godly to core formation cultivators because it was supposed to increase there chances of reaching the next stage by a large amount.

Han can't open the cauldron because of his low cultivation. He has stated that he thinks he will be able to open it once he forms his nascent soul. So if he had some loyal cultivators by his side, each of those 3 females seemed pretty loyal to me, and gave each one of them one of those pills who in there right mind would mess with his group of 4 nascent soul cultivators? You know in my opinion Han Li will always be weak because he thinks like a weakling. He only thinks about his ability to run away and avoids any thought of having a powerful group of his own.

mrttao likes this.
  19. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel goes down real fast after 1000 chapters. Wang Yu only strength is writing the MC solo adventures when he acts social it's weird and always go downhill. DD went to hell later. Portal of Wonderland is a shit novel that clones Monkey King but Sun Wukong was smart the MC in wonderland is a dumb ass.

mrttao likes this.
  20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Portal to wonderland is fail on so many levels. Not the least of which is the author's complete inability to keep track of what is going on.

MC insists on taking arts that are "easy, powerful, but super expensive". He routinely acquires millions of silver notes... then spends "30,000 a week, three weeks later he ran out of money"... where did his millions go?

Also, he has 500 lbs lift strength (which is not that impressive for an IRL mortal) at level 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 of first realm. Then again at levels 1,2,3,4,5 of second major realm. Author keeps on saying after every breakthrough MC tests himself and has 500 lbs lift strength as if he completely forgot all the previous ones.

Not to mention people's ages make no goddamn sense and author constantly forget (like MC's half sister jumping between younger and older than him).

And for the plot to work literally everyone, MC included, has to be the dumbest possible morons ever. like when MC as an experienced combatant defeats a barbarian young master... sees him casting a spell as he is dying, and steps on him and tells him to "give up, you are already dead" instead of just finishing him off or running away. Resulting in being hit by a death curse. That behavior was completely OOC for the MC, but author wanted him cursed so he suddenly was struck with extremely stupidity.

Urbek Mazino likes this.