A Shoujo's Yokai Project [RP]

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! This is a casual RP made by yours truly~ If you are interested, just tag me down below and I will run you through a tutorial of sorts in a PM/DM. This is a game where choosing is quite a prevalent theme, so when presented with a choice between two, do think more carefully about which one you pick~ Every choice has an equivalent cost.

This post and the one below will be edited frequently as the RP enters new phases, and newer Quest Lines begin, so do check back from time to time for newer content~

• Double posting is not allowed. Triple posting is doubly not allowed. However, if you were the last poster and two hours have passed without anyone else posting, you may double post.
    • It’s not a must to follow quest requirements completely. Thinking outside the box has it's rewards in this RP.
    • I know that giving your characters stuff like anti-social tendencies and NEET tendencies are very tempting for some of you, but for god's sake, please don't. You'll need to interact a lot here, and having a character who has trouble fitting in socially will make it really complicated. Also, please ensure that your character looks human or is able to disguise themselves well enough to pass off as humans.
    • As a general rule of thumb, any context provided in the first post will be treated as canon, unless otherwise specified. With that being said, please refrain from taking advantage of this rule to screw with other players.
    • Try not to do any drastic [Passing of Time] posts. It messes up the chronological order, and also causes unnecessary complications. Meaning, you can travel within the same zone in a single post, but try to avoid zone-hopping unless absolutely necessary.
    • If you want to take control of another player’s character in your own post, please obtain their go-ahead before doing so. The player whose character is being controlled can also request for the post to be modified if they feel uncomfortable with what they see. In which case, please kindly amend your post as necessary.
    • Please try to keep the plot armour to a minimum. While the setting is indeed involved in the supernatural, there are no JP/CN Novel Protagonists here. Kindly avoid making things way too convenient for yourself --- You’ll get bored of writing very quickly like that.
    • No metagaming please. There are things that you can learn from reading other people’s character sheets, and then there are things that your character isn’t supposed to know regarding other players. Therefore, kindly avoid adding information you aren’t supposed to have.
    • When teaming up for a task, please do actually pay attention to what your teammates have written, and keep any introduced context in mind. Ignoring those and forcing in another explanation is not only incredibly annoying, but also very rude to the previous person who went to the effort of thinking this up.
    • Keep the time/location setting in mind. There isn’t anything better beyond an arquebus in the 17th century Japan, so no machine gun or bazooka creation, even if your character is a reincarnated human. Asking the blacksmiths to create them later on are also a no-no. You will also start off with a Tier 1 Iron Weapon --- as to what kind of weapon it is, you can decide.
    • If you haven’t already done so, do tag me so that I can bring you through the Pre-RP Interaction Phase, which affects the manner that you will start the RP off in.
    • Always have fun.
    Character Name:

Religion:
    Personality Trait:
    Extra Information (Personality):
    [Optional]
    Character Trait:
    Backstory:
    [Optional]
    [FYI, Character is a trait the player's avatar was born with. Personality is a trait the avatar has developed over time. Should the two conflict, Character Trait overrides Personality Trait.]

Home Province:
    Allegiance:
    Extra Information (Allegiance):
    [Optional]
    Employment Status:
    Weapon:

Known Divine Words: [If nothing is known, leave it empty.]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Fossil, Naraku, Kuma Desu and 5 others like this.
  2. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the Yatogami Shrine
    Objective: Get the gift. Don’t die.
    Rewards: Starting Gift + Extra
    Description: Welcome to the Shrine! I have prepared a starting gift, so please feel free to look around while I fetch it~

Notes:
    • This is an exploration type quest, your character can spend as many posts in here as they want. Movement between the numbered zones are free, meaning you can go from one zone to another without restrictions, but you can only switch zones once per post.
    • The interactions with the denizens will be handled by the GM (Yours Truly).

The Yatogami Shrine's Lore:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ECrJqGJdCh__tlk-VELvHgbzwY4ZrtjcmP111S9inKA/edit?usp=sharing
    The Yatogami Shrine's Residents:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cpsFPGaU0dyKpNWDlOwxxgDCo2BTEtE6Qu3YjCrp7i8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Fossil, Naraku, michael.kx5 and 4 others like this.
  3. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we post now?
    Reminds me of the Koei Orochi series tbh.
    So we can make our background be anything? Like what if someone chooses to be a Lord of a province. What if I wanted to build an army or at the very least, a mercenary corps?

Quaesitor likes this.
  4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Ara, no. Everyone starts off as ronin. From there, it depends on how you develop your character. Becoming a Lord is possible, but like all others, it will require work.

Quaesitor likes this.
  5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I quadra post? Or poly post in general are too gamebreaking op and thus banned?

Jokes aside,
    I will participate once we can make chars and a bit more info is revealed

Quaesitor, Haxagen and Silver Snake like this.
  6. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll message you on Discord. Give me a moment.

Quaesitor likes this.
  7. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me, this is my first forum RP so can you explain to me what do you mean by "tagging" you and what else do I need to know?

Quaesitor, Way and Haxagen like this.
  8. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah! When you want to tag someone, you do a @ before their username. For example, you do @Haxagen to tag me.

Do you have Discord? It's easier to talk there.

9. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    @Haxagen , like this right?
    I remember making an account once and barely using it ever again. I am retrieving the password right now. Will edit to add the user ID when I am done.
    Edit: Got it, User name- AVALON525, ID- @8967

Quaesitor and Haxagen like this.
  10. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle of Sekigahara Central Sector – Kuro

Kuro tried hard not to vomit. It was that kind of trip through the portal. His stomach churned even harder, alerting him to the tremors around him. Smells familiar... Everything was still black around him, and something heavy was pressing on his body. He didn't notice, due to the similarity with the space that brought him there, but the bodily sensation, the smell told him everything he needed to know. He breathed in the bloody air, heaving up the mass of flesh and broken armour on him, revealing the open field. There was screaming behind him, and there were soldiers running toward him. Instinctively he unsheathed his sword in defense, realising the weight felt strangely different.

Well crap, what is this piece of junk?

He was resolved to die, but instead he got shouted at.

“Run you idiot!”
    “Aaahh it's coming this way!”

“Oi bastards, what the hell?” Kuro shouted, turning his head to the left. The morning sun had evaporated the morning dew into a fog, obscuring everything in the distance, except for a gigantic inhuman shadow, the source of the running men and screams. Kuro would have joined in the shouting, if not for being stupefied at the sight.

“Damn bastard is surrounded by rainbows... Eh?” A minor lapse of judgment got him pulled by the collar by somebody, he almost threw a punch, before coming to grips with the situation.

“Let go, I'm coming.” Kuro said, slipping out of the grip.

This won't cut it he thought, sheathing the katana as he ran alongside the stranger. The run calmed him down, but didn't allow for much conversation. He began to consider his options. That huge creature had proportionately long limbs, his imagination giving him a quick bloody outcome of their relative speeds. But what other choice was there then? He looked around, but couldn't get a grasp of the movements of others, due to the fog, so avoiding large gatherings would be impossible for certain. For now that would do. What next?

“Brother, you got a plan?” Kuro asked.

“Just -haah- run -haah-,” the man said.

“Stay strong, brother,” Kuro found he leisure to look back. The looming shadow was shifting left of the sun behind them. So North. He stopped, grabbing his new buddy in the same way as to return the favor.

“This won't do. It's moving away. Rest before you croak.” Kuro said.

“You! Are you insane!?” The man shouted in confusion, but Kuro used to be an Imperial Officer, his calm on the battlefield had certain authority to it. This was put to prompt use, as he looked the samurai in the eye, making use of his discipline:

“Stop shouting. If that is your resolve to die, then do that on your own time. Whom do you serve?” Kuro bullshited his way into an interrogation.

“Haah? I fight for Konishi-sama. I now run for Konishi-sama, whose soul is with the Lord in Heaven. Why did you stop me?”

“To save your life. We can't outrun this thing,” Kuro nonchalantly said, observing the shadow theatre of carnage beyond the fog, “My master is also dead, but if not to follow him, I suggest a different approach.” Kuro crouched, pulling the soldier with him, as if to conspire, the soldier followed his gaze, easily becoming pale, as his blood calmed down from the running.

“I... Can at least try.” the man said and prepared to run, but Kuro pulled him in closer. “At least go that way.” Kuro pointed in a direction away from the monster. It was incidentally south-east. Poor bastard, he took off in confusion where the ex-officer pointed, himself calmly observing the shadow.

Calm down, me, I have overcome carnage before. First gotta blend in Kuro was lucky there was mud, he took off his armour, useless as it was in this situation, and smeared himself in mud, then laid down underneath a few corpses, calm as still water, watching the shadow intently, its behavior still a mystery.

FuRen, Haxagen, Haitaka and 1 other person like this.
  11. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sector 9

Looking at the Yokai in the middle of the battlefield, I almost drop my weapon and can't help but ask myself: What the hell is that? I have never seen anything like it before. Without a doubt, I would not even survive a single attack. So I run away!

After a few meters, I slowly stop running. Around me lie dozens, hundreds of corpses from the battle. Some common footsoldiers, some Samurai... before me lies a dying footsoldier. He looks at me with eyes filled with fear, and hope... hah, what a fool. I roll him on his back with my foot and crush his head with my Kanabo, then search his corpse.

A crappy dagger, worthless family mementos, badly damaged armor, a broken weapon... and there, finally. A pouch filled with coins. Good, good. Wouldn't find some like this on Samurai, they deem dealing with money as below them after all.

Talking about Samurai, there seems to be a dead one lying not too far away from me. After a quick look of confirmation that the Yokai isn't anywhere nearby, I go over to the corpse. His stomach is... eh, pierced by a broken spear, and his Katana is bent. I just take his bloodstained helmet and put it on my head, then fastening it in the way it is intended so that it won't just drop down when I am once again laughing at the misery of others.

I take a look around once again, only to notice the tip of a spear that is piercing towards me! With a clumsy, disgraceful roll I escape the attack. Looking at the attacker, he isn't even a Samurai, but it seems like he knew the samurai? Well, whatever. I grab a severed head lying around near me and toss it at him. While he is somewhat distracted by it, I charge towards him and smash his left leg with my Kanabo.

But surprisingly, he doesn't drop down in pain but instead tries to push me away with his spear. A test of strength against an Oni? Idiot! I easily resist and, with a wicked grin, give him a headbutt that sends him down into the mud. One more swing with my Kanabo and his head is paste.

His spear is still in good shape, but I don't care about spears, only armor and perhaps a better Kanabo. But it's not used that often, so I might not find any on this battlefield. I just help myself on his money and spot a big mass of fleeing soldiers that will soon pass by the place I am at.

Time to run, I guess.

12. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sector 7

"Forced to join this damnable war, and a high grade yokai appears", I say with a self-depreciating tone, "My lucks been on the ruts lately", with that I follow the order to retreat.

The ground is difficult to run across. The blood of the fallen sticks to our feet as we run towards the rendezvous point, making the goal of escaping seem to be that much more unlikely. The sounds of bodies being torn to shreds, and of arcing lightning can be heard closely behind, as if that horrible monster was breathing down my neck. A sense of dread begins to enter me, making my chest heavy with doubt of my own survival.

'Will I have to use it?', I ask myself as I see more of the soldiers that I was running with trip over the bodies of the deceased, only for them to get paralyzed in fear from the sight of the looming giant.

'Damn', the sounds of torn flesh and of dripping blood fill my ears as I keep running forward, 'I can't do anything but run.... why am I so useless? Why can't I help? Why am I so weak?..', I think to myself as I keep running forward, disgusted by my own inability.

"...", I hesitate for a moment before...

"凤 (Wind)", I use my Divine Word with a whisper to make the bodies of the soldiers running with me lighter (more aerodynamic by reducing the air resistance), along with myself, as to speed up or escape without making it noticeable that I did anything.

"Full retreat!", I hear in the distance from a different commander as we move forward with our increased speed, 'What else do you think we're doing?' I think to myself as I keep running.

13. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle of Sekigahara, sector 12, Naraku Douji.

As Naraku stepped out of the portal, he finds himself in a unfamiliar place but with a very familiar view: the smell of blood, the sounds of clashing metals, the screams of horror and hatred, and the air of a battlefield. He almost felt at home. Or at least he would have if not for the giant THING rampaging and sending all of the soldiers (are those samurai?) running away in terror. He never saw anything like it so he doesn't know what the hell is it, and he wasn't going to stick around to find out. Throwing away his modern day clothes (they stick out like a thumb) he picked up some armour from the dead soldiers and samurai at his feet, offering them a short prayer afterwards, and out of the many non-broken weapons on the floor he picked out one very big Odachi, very similar to the one he used to have before, although in a much much lower quality.
    All suited up, Naraku makes his way among the chaos of the foggy battlefield towards a group of hiding humanoid shapes, thinking of shadowing them to where he is sure is the nearest city or camp.
    Overhearing them talk he heard they are planning on going towards a rendezvous point called "Ogaki Castle" around 14 kilometres away.
    Another few moments of oversdropping allowed him to realise that he was in the battlefield of the Battle of Sekigahara which means he was now in year 1600, 400 years into his past. Although he definitely never heard of any monster appearing during the historical battle so this may be an alternative timeline or a parallel world.
    Scolding himself not to think about that and just focus on surviving at the moment, he waited until the group of soldiers will start their retreat.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  14. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle of Sekigahara Sector 19 - Xue

Regaining consciousness, I noticed a thick smell of blood lingering in the air, causing my mind to quickly sober up. Unsure of what was happening, I carefully scanned my surroundings and took notice of a few things.

It is very crowded and people are running away from what a giant beast monstrosity standing in the distance. The beast, or yokai, has the head of a golden line reaching to its neck, which is covered by a thick mane. Its body is covered by slick golden-black fur which occasionally has black arcs of lightning coursing through it. Although I do not know what animal its body is supposed to be, one thing I am sure of, approaching it is extremely dangerous.

Although I could barely remember how or why I am in such a bloody place, a sense of danger started to fill me. Knowing that I do not have the luxury to think about such things, I thought about my next course of action. If I followed the crowd to run, the beast might chase after the crowd as it would be far too noticeable, and being alone would simply make me conspicuous, hence hiding would be the best choice by elimination.

With that idea in mind, I tried my best to stay unnoticed by the surrounding people and beast while searching around for a hiding place. Fortunately, I soon found a trench hole which had been long abandoned and hid in it.

BB_Tensei, Haitaka and Quaesitor like this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Sector 25 --- Unknown Yokai
    With a loud roar, the massive Yokai leaped, creating a huge shadow as it passed. There was a loud crashing sound when it landed once more.

*RUMBLE*

The unfortunate soldiers that had been too slow to get away were all crushed into chunks, stamped into the ground. At the very least, however, they did not suffer too much as they died. It was a quick and extremely painful death.

Triumphantly, the beast cried out, as black lightning devastated its landing area.

16. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Sector 8

After the beast jumped away and disappeared to the southeast, Kuro rose up from the improvised hiding spot, and headed north. He was organising information within his mind. In the Kyoto Military Academy they had taught historic battles, such as this one. From the information he could gather from the soldier, and the conditions of the terrain, he could guess where he was at. It would seem the giant had struck at the point in time, when Tokugawa launched his offensive along the center. It was only conjecture, but it seemed to favour attacking Tokugawa's troops. North was the quickest route out, and from then on he had to move alongside the river, and thus escape the field, while moving opposite of the giant beast.

While softly jogging northward to preserve stamina, he suddenly found himself facing a wall of arquebuses. Their captain was confused for a second, as the muddy Kuro had no visible way of confirming his affiliation. He added 2 and 2, quickly sprouting:

“Here to report on the situation at the cente! We faced near annihilation at the hands of an unknown monster! The men fought bravely to their death, or fled toward the enemy. The monster was spotted assaulting the left flank!” Kuro shouted.

“Repeat, soldier,” the captain shouted back, muttering to himself an obvious insult for the muddy swordsman. What idiot walks around the battlefield with no armour? The commander made an obvious conclusion that he must have played dead and was robbed playing a corpse. He made his decision to kill the coward, but not before he learned of the situation he would report. Surely the man wouldn't lie in order to save his skin? He would test him. Meanwhile the same man was slowly repeating his report to the captain.

The fog began to lift.

The captain turned stiff, looking at the bloody mess that revealed itself. He motioned Kuro to fall in line, for the time being. The enemy's ranks were in sight.

“Watch him. If he runs away, shoot.” the captain ordered. At that time they finally received the reatreat order.

Somehow I feel I'm screwed, Kuro thought, stealing a glance toward the monster's location.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Haitaka and Quaesitor like this.
  17. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle of Sekigahara Sector 19->14 - Xue

As the yokai passed through the trench I hid within, I let out a relieved sigh. But when I noticed that the yokai seemed to be focused on moving elsewhere, I pondered.

While I was hiding, I knew that I would not be able to last very long by hiding, I would be found out sooner or later, hence I would need to quickly escape the area instead. Unfortunately, I have no recollection whatsoever regarding the surrounding area, which forced me to find a reliable source of information.

But before that, I had to make sure that the yokai would be distracted enough to not notice me. Soon enough, an idea came to mind and I quietly chanted.

"雪."

Following the incantation, snow started to fall right at the area where the yokai is currently on. Seemingly caught off guard, the yokai turned its turned its head left and right, wary of the sudden change in the weather.

Taking this chance, I leapt out of the trench and sped away. While I did so, I took a careful look at my surroundings, trying to find someone, or maybe a small group of people which might be able to give me information. And as fortune may have it, I found a small group of soldiers hiding in a trench, just as I did.

Though I wished that I did not have to, I approached the small group.

"Excuse me." Just as I called out, the group quickly turned their heads like startled deer. But seemingly not finding me a threat with my small figure, they sighed in relief.

"What do you want, kid?" One of the soldier asked gruffly.

Not putting much care in his tone, I continued, "Do any of you know where the closest city is? I am not quite familiar with the geography of this area as a new arrival."

After he heard my question, I noticed him looking at me up and down with a gaze full of suspicion, which did not surprise me. But soon, I noticed that there is an ill intent in his gaze.

"Sure do, and know what? We can take you there with us, you just need to follow us." Saying those words, one of the soldier suddenly reached out his hand towards me.

My suspicions confirmed, I frowned and coldly chanted, "雪."

Without a chance to react, ice tendrils appeared and covered the man's body below the head, causing him to fearfully scream and unable to focus on breaking the brittle ice layer covering him. Watching this, the other soldiers all froze in shock before quickly surrounding me, hostility clear in their eyes.

Not minding them, I took out a dagger from inside my clothing and took a small stab at the soldier, producing more scream from him and stopping the other soldiers from being reckless.

"Give to me a map of the area, and I will leave." I said calmly with the dagger held strong in my hand.

In the end, after moments of silence, one of the soldiers came forward and handed me a map at an arm's length away, obviously afraid of bearing the same fate as the first soldier.

After making sure there is no obvious tempering done to the map, I chanted softly, "雪."

Snow then started to fall around the area, distracting the soldiers. Taking this chance, I sped off, fading in the snow veil, not giving a chance for the soldiers to react.

Haitaka, Haxagen and Quaesitor like this.
  18. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sector 9->14

With the Yokai suddenly jumping to a completely different place, everyone that was running also changes the direction they run towards. Except for me, I use this opportunity to smash another footsoldier's leg and arm from behind. As he lies on the ground in pain, screaming, I decide to try out this... new bit of knowledge.

I grab the man's mouth with my right hand and invoke Ember, creating hot embers that slightly burn my palm and fill his mouth, shutting him up for good. Then I plunder his armor, getting a... decent chest armor for myself. That's how it is with those foot soldiers, their equipment is decent at best. At least they have some money on them, which I plunder without hesitating.

By now, most of my body has blood on it - and then, suddenly, snow starts falling? Snow? What is this? I look around, confused, and spot a small figure speeding off through the snow from a trench, which seems to have a few soldiers within. I approach them, curious about the small figure.

They don't seem to notice me, so I shout at them: "Oi! What happened?"

Hearing me, they immediately turn around, startled, their weapons raised. "Identify yourself!" They scream.

I just laugh calmly. "No need to be so agitated! We're all in the same situation, right? Mind telling me who that person was?" I toss one of the pouches of money I looted at them. After checking the contents, they directly tell me about the... should I call her a girl? Well, she might be some sort of Yokai.

I might find her if I just walk around long enough, so I start wandering, keeping my eyes open to any money or a potentially better weapon.

19. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle of Sekigahara - Sector 17 - Asahi

"What the hell is that thing?" Asahi let out a chuckle as he stood in a daze watching the giant beast with its black fur darker then ink appear in the middle of the battlefield after a earthquake and then disappear only to enter the battlefield again on the Southeastern side. "Haha... She truly meant what she said didn't she? Suicidal, it is truly." As he watched the crowds of people suddenly began running in a bid for their life a slight grin sneaked its way onto his face, allies and enemies alike were fleeing before this being of majesty.

These fleeting thoughts only lasted a second however as one of the soldiers ran into him as they tried to escape, knocking him back to his senses. However his grin stayed there as he walked through the waves of people that kept coming. Towards the center, where the beast had come from.

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ By the authority vested in my by the GM @Haxagen, I will roll for the location of the Yokai. }}

Sector 19

After rampaging at Tokugawa's army left flank, the monstrous yokai began dashing back toward the center in a hurry, trampling the last remaining troops in the center of the battlefield. The smell of ozone followed its wake, the lightning cracking aroud its body increasing in intensity, as its huge body shook the earth.

Quaesitor likes this.