News A Special Announcement by Qidian International!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, I had quoted you and said something in an offensive manner, I just wanted to inform you the price of the chapters. You see, for these past few days I've met people disagreeing with the paywall. Also, it's not like it's confirmed to be p2r.

zzz and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  2. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    apology accepted...... :)

edit : oh i think its obvious that its gonna be locked behind paywall, because the representative of qidian in here, said a few times that they are paying the translator on a chapter basis, so the only way to get profit is by locking the chapters behind paywall, and qidian usually does that after the first 100 chapter.....

SoulZer0 likes this.
  3. tomanonimos

tomanonimos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Qidian is gonna fail bad here if they do what you suggest . The mere fact that it seems like they're going to be aiming at microtransaction (which many Americans do not like) is already a bad idea. To be blunt, Chinese Novels aren't that good which makes it easier for a lot of people to just drop this hobby and makes it difficult to really expand beyond a niche group.

4. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    same, doesn't like micro transactions, which is why i never play anything on my phone....

and yeah, most of the novels aren't that good....

and correction, i wasn't suggesting them to do it, but its obvious the same pattern as their primary site, which is giving a free chapters to hook the reader, then blocked by a paywall.....

and no, i'm not from china, but out of curiosity, i checked qidian site a few times......

5. tomanonimos

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad my wording is incorrect. I know you weren't suggesting just trying to reference that idea.

Personally if Qidian does do that then that'll be a blessing in disguise for me. It allows me to spend more time on other hobbies.

6. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, i even rarely play any PC games at all, ever since i got hooked on reading, so i probably start playing games again, my steam account gonna get used again....

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You see, I don't think Qidian will fail. There are several reasons here. They're a huge company and they're capable of advertising themselves even way more effective than NU. Trust me, there are a lot of people willing to pay. Just look at some of the famous translators. Look at their Patreon and donations. It's no small number. If Qidian implements the p2r, they'd have a fix price which is much more fair and it'll attract people even more here.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  8. tomanonimos

Reading List:
    Link
    Advertising to who exactly?

Like I said before a lot of Qidian novels really only cater to a niche market and theres not much room for expansion the audience base. I like these novels but I'm not delusional to say they're that good that somehow it'll convince leechers to pay or have casual readers stay on. The Patreon and donation numbers are not small numbers BUT they are not the best numbers for running a business. Qidian's launch trailer was horribly cheesy and I know for a fact its a turn off for those not involved in this hobby.

I'm going to assume Qidian International is primarily aiming at the American market. If they truly go with the P2R, they're destined to fail. Americans prefer a monthly payment for unlimited style model for their entertainment.

It's too early to really say one way or the other. Qidian International actions so far makes me a tad bit worried.

9. Yue Qian Chou

Yue Qian Chou Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like chendong ,and i want to read it as soon.

10. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    Question for Qidian International! For scenes that would be considered NSFW will you still post them on your site or cut them out? Hows the censorship?

11. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    swordman009 likes this.
  12. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
  13. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    The first chapter of "The Sacred Ruins" has a paragraph missing at start about MC's love interest who said they can't see each other after the end of their school or something. I saw it from two sources. But the official site lacks that paragraph.

14. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    pls heavens shadow

15. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Please refrain from reviving ancient stuff...
    Even without date, you can see this is old, because people are not hating them...

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.