Resolved A Standard RPG Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Galgano, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Galgano

Galgano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for the name of a novel. I was wanting to recommend the name of a novel to a friend because we were going down our lists recommending things to each other. I couldn't think of the name of this novel, so I unfortunately broke the chain of recommendations, but that's not important (it was getting late anyway, so it wasn't entirely my fault). In any case, I would like to remember the name of this title so that I can go back and read it again. The premise is this:

the main character had played an rpg a long time ago. The game featured two paths: the hero's side and the demon king's side. On the hero's path, you played as the hero that slays the demon king. On the demon king's playthrough, you play as the demon king's second son. See, the demon king had 7 (I believe) wives. Each wife was a different race. The demon king believed that the strongest had the right to rule. So, each of his children wanted the right to rule, but the second son was a schemer. He became really strong, killed off all of his siblings and then killed his father.
    Fast forward to the first chapter of the novel, the main character gets a special revamped XX year anniversary edition of the rpg or something. This new game was supposed to have a new route, or extensions on the old routes, or something to set it apart from the original base game as an incentive for returning players to buy it again. The main character gets the game, and starts it up. As soon as he does, he...gets isekai'd? reincarnates? He doesn't die so it isn't true reincarnation, but he does become one of the sons of the demon king instead of being himself. Specifically, he becomes the youngest son of the demon king. He remembers this sibling from when he played as the second son all those years ago. This son was originally weak and easily killed off screen during one of the original game's memorable scenes akin to Game of Thrones' Red Wedding (it wasn't a wedding in the game, but a feast that the second son had hosted to gather all the children together and kill them all in one fell swoop). Now, however, the main character reincarnates as the youngest son a few years before the dinner event. Armed with knowledge from the game (knowing where all the hidden items and power ups are) and a different perspective of the events, the main character will take what was thought to be the weakest of the demon king's children and overturn his fate at the hands of the second son.

I could say more, but that would be getting into spoiler territory. Let me know if more information is needed to determine the title.

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Eklair

Eklair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. wllmwijaya

wllmwijaya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    breaker

Galgano likes this.
  4. Madnessmmo