Other Request A Step Into The Past

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Bwoo7072, May 28, 2021.

1. Bwoo7072

Bwoo7072 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read this novel, A Step into the Past, but I can't find a website that lets me read the novel that doesn't filter out context.
    If possible, I would rather read somewhere else rather than the forums. If there really is no other place to read, then the forums where it was originally posted a decade ago in like 2002 or something it is then.

2. corrr

corrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Search the Epub version.

3. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dumb. What do you mean by 'doesn't filter out context'? Also, it's on my TR list, so I have to know.

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly you might be better off just watching the TV adaptation starring Louis Koo. The plot is much truncated but that only improves the story as the original has some overly stretched arcs. The dialogue is also a lot snappier and Louis Koo's charisma makes his character more substantial than the novel's protagonist.

5. Bwoo7072

Bwoo7072 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When aggregator sites copy the chapters from the original place they were done, they pretty much don't copy the whole thing. Some are hidden beneath a button where you have to click to see it.
    Like in chapter 4, it says spoilers at the end. And for the exact chapter on the forums where they were posted, there were a couple of lines that had the spoiler tag on them so when the aggregators copy the chapter, the lines that aren't seen by just copy and pasting the whole thing are transferred over. Plus these sites don't care about mistakes or the missing context.

Edit: Also, I've seen a couple of novels that I've read that for some reason, just don't translate the full context. They leave out bits and pieces here and there. An example is God Of Slaughter where they sometimes don't translate gore or some smut scenes, but they go all in when it comes to swearing or other smut scenes. It just doesn't make sense why they did that for God Of Slaughter.

@anotherAniket The Epub version works, they include the spoilers too without leaving them out. Though I only checked chapter 4, but I'll assume it's good to read. Hope you enjoy reading it as well!