Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems there's another difference from my memory of the spoilers, seems like the family's knight has some hesitation with Shuli leaving (and it hurts seeing the kids tsundere characters was what led to such poor conclusion to Shuli's life in 1st TL). At least, it WASN'T last minute regret, by the time of Jeremy's wedding, seems like the kids JUST needed one small push

natsume142, Xi-hime and rock.doll like this.
  2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I am conflicted when it comes to the kids (yes, Jeremy has a ton of growing to do before I consider him not a kid) and their tsundere. I can't fault them for mistrusting and having a hard time overcoming their feeling about Shuli. They are kids, stuck in a complicated situation created by adults (yes, I'm including Shuli) and what they feel is as valid as anyone else. I get that they are afraid of their own feelings because they don't know who to trust, even OG!Shuli. Imagine being stuck in this situation where the adults control the world and nobody was taking a moment to understand what the heck is going on or attempt to comfort them. I get that they are defensive and some people (particularly the servants) acted in their perceived best interest for the children. But imagine kids like them knowing that people acted horribly for their interest and an innocent person who suffered for them. Instead of being togther with cheer, they boidned over tragedy and burden placed on them.

Re:Abbington. I hate you, Head Knight, now you're making me conflicted about you.

LockedPuppet, Creolenerd and Xi-hime like this.
  3. Alwerien

Alwerien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only started reading this manhwa yesterday and it very much wasn't enough so thank you all for the delicious novel spoilers I found in this thread. Especially the honeymoon moments <3

As for the latest chapters, just ugh. Everette should be the head captain instead of idiot manipulated by the church who can't think for himself :mad:

Speaking of, are there any spoilers about Everette at all? I'm so curious.

Xi-hime likes this.
  4. ErinaNakiri

ErinaNakiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't fight me but I think everyone in the previous timeline, except Shuli should go up in flames...And here's why:
    Ohara: her mother and father really screwed her over, but her a round don't make me feel sorry for her, especially since she got off scotch free (thank you Elias).
    Head Knight: I believe you had no proper reason to not like Shuli, or to even hate to the point of preferring she be dead. Literally you had no reason to. He followed her around so he should know why she does what she does, but he just can't see past his nose.

Elias: let me start by saying that I don't think that you can use his age to defend him and then proceed to use his development as an argument in his defense. Simply because the arguments people use about development come from a 21st century view of development and is not suitable for time period this is set in.

I think Elias grew from being a hurt child to becoming someone self centered and disloyal. Throughout the entire first timeline he only cared about himself. Throws a stone at Shuli then proceed to say whine about how he just wanted to scare her (though he's a child at this point it's still an excuse that is aimed at self preservation and nothing more.) This behavior persists because he does have anyone around him to really correct his behavior because Shuli has more things to deal with and her own stress and depression to come to terms with. As an adult however he slanders her and believes outsiders rather the people he lives with. Even if he doesn't trust Shuli how can he accuse not just her but his brother of incest. Now while Jeremy does love Shuli at this point he wasn't even really aware of his own feelings. And he tells his brother that the rumour was false but Elias doesn't care. He just doesn't care what anyone has to say but is ready to believe random people on the road over his family. And let's not forget that even though he knows that Ohara did, he still went and knocked her up. Heights of disloyalty and selfishness. But whatever. It's plot.

The twins: I don't particularly have much problem with them except that they knew what Shuli was doing for them but still decided to act cold to get. Now while they decided to make it up to her they were to late. I'm person who believe that your actions speak more than words and they're actions spoke of ungratefulness even if they were grateful towards her. Imagine if the child you were raising went around calling you 'fake mom's when you were literally the only person that gave a crap about their well-being? It wouldn't feel good.
    Jeremy: I have nothing much to say about him except that he should have done something about his siblings behavior.
    The Priest: I despise him more than anyone else. He looked at Shuli when she was just a child on her wedding day and lusted after her while he CONDUCTED her wedding ceremony. And Because he couldn't have her decided to kill her off in despicable plot to start a civil war. Nasty.

Johan: why did you have to pick Shuli to use a meat shield for your ungrateful brats? So what if she looked like your first love? You literally set her on that perverts path when you decided to use this child in your endeavors to protect your children. That's just not right. Why not ask your wife's family to take care of the children? They have a perfectly healthy maternal grandmother and uncle who would have taken care of them without lusting after their assets. How could you stomach marrying a kid?

Shuli deserved better than these people. Honestly if I were her I would have left those kids on their own. And I wouldn't even feel guilty about it because I love myself and a part of loving yourself is not allowing yourself to be tormented by people who don't appreciate you. Shuli is a great person, I won't say mother because I can't even bring myself to call her a mother because of the age difference. So she's a great person who fulfilled her duty without even once thinking of running off with their wealth.

5. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, Shuli is just too kind. She's a compelling protagonist and love her very much.

And this is something that just came into my mind, maybe Shuli still decided to stay despite the struggle she must overcome is because she thought returning to her pathetic excuses of parents and older brother would be worse? Who knows what her family would do to her if she leaves the Neuschwanstein. Her parents and older brother are type of people who would be willing to sell Shuli for their own greed and selfishness after all. Her family doesn't see her any worth than that. But with Johannes, at least she feels that she's truly needed and someone acknowledged her potential despite the hardship. Maybe I'm reading this too much though.

missyinyang, lady-kyo and Jukki like this.
  6. CaleFan 24

CaleFan 24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually from what I gather the only languages that go easily through google are those that use the latin alphabet ABC. Any other lettering system is butchered

7. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, The recent chaps do feel like Head Knight might had some redeeming quality

But in the end he doesn't really.

If you see his thought process, he is not the slightest bit concerned with Shulli getting kicked out of house or her wellbeing of leaving in the middle of night with so few guards.

The only thing he is interested is in , IF she is needed to appear at the wedding/ the people ask for her and she is not there and will SULLY FAMILY HONOR
    To him only thing of conflict is potential effect on family honor and nothing else, different from Butler and Head Maid who were concerned about shulli herself.
    So ya piece of shit, a piece of shit.

Also he is garbage at his own duty, what kind of a fucking retard as a Head of security talks info about their family heads in open to other people? Friend or not. Literally does this guy has any SINGLE quality of Head knight?

I don't think so.

8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice observation! Haven't considered that AND if fits with his character who values the family image above all else!
    Which just makes things even more terrible if I could remember what was spoiled here whatever happened to him in 1st TL. I mean, Shuli's death indirectly caused a civil war, Elias impregnated Jeremy's former bride who was also an instrument in Shuli's demise, Johannes's relatives are aiming for his fortune and the kids are unable to defend for themselves. Shuli parading her image of some harlequin seems better in comparison (despite the era and how women are viewed) than an actual house on the brink of ruin because of internal greed conflict amongst relatives

Eivuri and Jukki like this.
  9. Deleted member 312931

Deleted member 312931 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for spoilers

10. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is normal in korea, younger men call women who are close to sister, the term used is noona, you can search more about if you are interested.

11. KindapitiedMielle

KindapitiedMielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will still be considering Jeremy one of the kids because he'll forever be a kid to me since he's Shuli's child, whether biological or not like i think of him as one of my children in a way too ahsjsks if that makes sense :blobmelt:

12. KindapitiedMielle

Reading List:
    Link
    So someone who read the novel told me a while back that the green knight, I think the one whom she trusts so much is the one who kills her and also cuts her body up because he thinks she's a disgrace to the family. But reading all this what I get is that bandits that were hired were the ones to do it. So is there any truth to this spoiler? :sushi_singing:

13. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    The bandits were Knights lead by him + Vatican ones in disguise.

Shulli death was joint effort between them

missyinyang, Eivuri, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  14. KindapitiedMielle

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just so sad :cry: does he get found out in this time line or change? I can't imagine how the maid and the butler would've reacted to Shuli's death in such a horrid way :blobconfounded:

15. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 59 is out. It's revealed that, unlike in the novel, the knight that Shuli trusted was not in part with her assassination. Instead, he tried to catch up to her because he thought he was being too harsh on Shuli days prior. However, when he arrived at the site, he found his two friends dead and when he checked on the carriage where Shuli was supposed to be in, he was horrified. Dunno if this is a change made in the manhwa, but Albert or whoever his name is was not a killer. He disapproved of Shuli, but not as far as wanting to kill her.

https://mangahub.io/chapter/a-stepmother-s-m-rchen/chapter-59

16. Eivuri

Eivuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the spoiler here regarding about him being involved in the death was different from the manhwa? I also got confused because in the manhwa it seems that he was not involved in Shuli's death.

Sitron17 likes this.