Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. TasnimTia

TasnimTia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I was gonna mention that but I didn't. Because I thought it was unrelated since the spoilers mentioned a civil war and not an outside war. but thanks for pinpointing that

2. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I'm not able to like Elias, he's such a self centered brat! All he do is regret through words only, not actions.

P.S - I may be wrong about him cause I've recently started reading this manhwa. Replies or defenses are welcomed.

likeymiks likes this.
  3. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did the daddy had to marry her? Couldn't he just adopt her as a foster daughter or something? Why marriage though? Just because she looked a little like the late Empress? She was barely 12 as it was mentioned, when she came in as the Marquis's wife. Didn't the Marquis felt gross about marrying a girl who was around his children's age? Also, some of the people did mentioned that he married her cause neither she was from influential family who was greedy about wealth or title and all, but in the entire country, did it only have to be Shuli? There must be other mature women as well. And I'm amazed that just a 12 year old was considered as women.

In the trial they themselves snickered as what this child can do, but off trials she became a women in their eyes suddenly.

Daisychangedhermind likes this.
  4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I meant by people reading this type of manga and don't even try to research why these things happen.

You're starting to read this mawhwa, no wonder the modern projection is high

He married her even though she was young because she needed to be his equal and partner in name and in everything that is legal. A wife has a legal say and assumes guardianship of his estate and most importantly, his children because he does not trust his own damn family when he passes. You already know that his family is more vultures than that word really means. Most specifically, when it is an old family connected with wealth. He trusts a young woman who might a little older than his own firstborn but old enough that she to represent him when he is gone and assume authority even above Jeremy. She can care enough for the ones he will behind. She needed to be the head of the family until his son reached the majority. What they had is a legally and transactional marriage - he rescues her from her family who marries men for their own gain while she has to keep her end by abiding with his wishes. it's a classic arranged marriage that existed before the modern romance marriage you are accustomed to.

Why does he have to feel gross? Back then, if you are a girl and you had your period, you are considered as of marriageable age. At the very least, Shuli wasn't even a proper wife because her marriage wasn't consummated aka they didn't have sex. Why do you think she pushed for divorce in the trial and used that to make Jeremy the head instead?

You're amazed? Color me surprised, it seems you need the history lesson rather than projection your modern standards on a material that is clearly not fit in today's time.

Sure, she is still a child after demonstrating that she can see and acted against their wills...sure...If that isn't a possible sign of maturity, then I don't know what will.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Amanda16, Elren, Bonzai and 18 others like this.
  5. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, IIRC I think it was stated somewhere in the thread earlier that the dude looked at her more like a daughter than he did a wife or something. It's pretty much all but stated he married her because he was straight-up desperate to keep his children safe from the rest of his family.

And like if he adopted her she wouldn't be able to inherit since it would still go to the eldest son, Jeremy. It would also bar her from being in a position to actually protect his children which kinda defeats the reason he married her in the first place.

6. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Families on those days are very big on blood and legal, especially concerning heirs and children. She can be adopted but even in some mangas that focus on adoption, the adoptee doesn't really get good treatment unless the one who adopted puts the rule that everybody is equal. Until of course, the reading of the last will and testament.

Amanda16, Jukki and LockedPuppet like this.
  7. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed indeed. All your points are true. As I said I've recently started reading manhwa, so my modern point of view is an un-intentional must render. I keep forgetting taking history into view. (This is the second time ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ)

Jukki, lady-kyo and LockedPuppet like this.
  8. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I really liked Jeremy, even though he end up catching feelings for Shuli but he didn't made things difficult for her. Also this arc reminds me of Genji Monogataki for some reason. (but that guy's life was really twisted)

9. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds of Beware of the Brothers.

10. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler?

Ignore this hooman

11. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have spoilers for the civil war results of the first timeline? really curious on the details cause I don't know them.

12. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohara is really not THAT bad. Yea, she was mean to Shuli in the first timeline telling her not to come to the wedding, but, to be fair, that's what she also legit though Jeremy wanted given how Jeremy treated Shuli. She also was insecure herself. She's not some evil villainess. Just an insecure fool that fucked up. That's why she freaks out when she learns of Shuli's death in the first timeline, she had no part in it. People need to direct their pure hatred towards more deserving people like her father or the church or so. Ohara should just be looked at as disappointing and a bit of pity.

13. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do I read the manga for free? Where can I read a translated version of the novel? It sounds interesting and I wanna read it.

Spade_Ladyz likes this.
  14. M.L.

M.L. New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know he didn't marry her (1st timeline) im pointing out the second one im just dissatisfied that she still married in their family in current time (she married Elias the red hair)

Well i dont hate her to the point of wishing her to die lel
    i just wish she has not be part of their life thats all
    Thank chouu :blobwhistle:

Emma626 likes this.
  15. M.L.

M.L. New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like her bcz SHE SEDUCE NORA thats all
    Thank Chou :blobwhistle:
    I dont hate her that much lel
    Im just disappointed that she became part of Shuli's Family in the end so i said be gone :blobhero:

What do u want me to write a thousand words how much i want to hit that priest with panda eyes with a table:blob_catflip: :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

16. aetheerry

aetheerry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any spoilers about Prince Ali and Rachel? I'm pretty curious :aww::hmm:

Jukki likes this.
  17. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she die at the end cause I’ve seen some pictures of her where she’s dead is that like her first life or what?

18. bluesea23

bluesea23 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DId Jeremy truly love Shuli? I know he marries another girl that he meets at Nora and Shuli's wedding but I'm just debating whether he truly loved her as a woman or as a family member (in the first and the second timeline)?

Consdiering how mad he seemed in the first timeline when he learned of Shuli's murder, it seems he cared about her but idk if its love? What type of love was it in the second?

Also, idk if I skimmed it over in the manhwa or maybe just forgot but was it ever mentioned how Shuli went back in time? Or did she just go to an alternate timeline?

simplysharonda likes this.
  19. Assassel

Assassel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone, thank you very much for all the spoilers. I can’t wait on the manhwa now. I hope the novel will be translated too