Korean A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by angelhalo224, Jun 30, 2020.

1. angelhalo224

angelhalo224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: A Stepmother's Märchen
    Raw Link:
    http://digital.kyobobook.co.kr/digi...0D190220730&orderClick=LAN&Kc=#tab_content_02
    NU Link: None
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It has it’s own wiki (https://namu.wiki/w/어떤 계모님의 메르헨). There is also a popular webcomic version which is being scanalated (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=155294). Also, there are fans of this series on this website. This is evident by the existence of a thread dedicated to spoilers about the series on this website (https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/a-stepmothers-märchen.90525/)
    Description: The Iron Widow, the Spider Widow, the Male Hunter, the Witch of the Neuschwanstein Castle, the embarrassment of noble ladies... These were all the words used to describe the Marchioness Shuli Von Neuschwanstein. Despite receiving such harsh criticism from everyone, she persisted in raising her 'children', left behind from her late husband. On the day of her eldest son's wedding, signaling his possession of the family's seat as Marchess, she felt she had finally tied up all loose ends and could live the rest of her life out peacefully. However, she had been terribly mistaken as she finds herself getting caught up in an accident and dying whilst leaving the castle on his wedding day. Upon opening her eyes, she finds herself waking up to the day of her husband's funeral, seven years ago.

'I refuse to suffer any more. I won’t live as I did in the past a second time!'

Elliana, Lone Cat, FranckOA and 3 others like this.
  2. MaliciousBurial

MaliciousBurial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. GoneGretel

GoneGretel Sequence 8: Student of Ratiocination

Reading List:
    Link
  5. aia.aee

aia.aee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. ysnap

ysnap Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello, i am planning to start translating this! But it will be edited mtl and only the free preview chapters on kakao, until I figure out how to make an account/get raws : /

If another translator is interested they can also pick this up as this is just a project I am doing for fun : ) will update when I get the first chap out

Ray.traducoes and angelhalo224 like this.
  7. nkkkwa

nkkkwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. simplymess

simplymess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Register through kkp website > page(dot) kakao(dot)com/main & you should be able to do it in english. Login icon is at the top right.
    The story is free to read it just has a 12 hours wait time for a free chapter and a limited chapter unlock days (3 days if I'm not mistaken).

ysnap likes this.
  9. ysnap

ysnap Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you!! I tried but I keep receiving pop ups saying "invalid access" . maybe it's because I don't have a korean email address, though it doesn't work when I click "create a new email account" either : (

10. ysnap

ysnap Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    translated! here is the first chapter. ik ppl usually post externally but I am new to this so I will just post here for now :' ) I will see if I can add the series to NU and go from there.

*asterisks mean I am unsure with the translation*

Prologue

The widow of iron blood, the spider widow, the manhunter, the witch of Neuschwanstein castle, the disgrace of all noble ladies...

Who are all these titles pointing to? It is none other than me, Marchioness Shuli Von Neuschwanstein.

Do you think there exists someone else with these nicknames in the empire?* I know these titles are not something I should be proud of, but it's been a long time since I've cared about what others say about me. It doesn't matter what people say about me. The only thing that matters is that I have kept the Neuschwanstein family and their children safe so far. Yes, I have kept my promise with him to this day.

Of course, it's a bit awkward to call them my children. In reality, they are more like my siblings, ones that don't share even a drop of blood with me, but they are my children legally. Although, they have yet to call me mother... Even so, I have raised your children who are like beasts. The day that my hard work and effort finally come to fruition is tomorrow.

What day is today? Today, the first son Jeremy is getting married.

According to his father's will, on this day he will inherit the title of the Marquis of Neuschwanstein along with the duty of being the prince's sword. Moreover, the bride is Ohara Heinrich, known to be the most beautiful lady.

Oh, I'm getting tears of excitement. It seems like I've forgotten my childhood, which included almost dying of measles*, but when did I grow up so much? Well, it's worth the trouble! I should drink to celebrate my last day! But this was just a great illusion...

It is said that when a person is too stunned, they can't process any thoughts. That is exactly how I am right now. I don't know what to think, let along what to say. So I just say, "What's that?"

"It is exactly as I say. You don't have to attend the wedding. Jeremy gave me this message to be delivered to you."

The beautiful woman, who calmly adds to my number of white hairs, is Jeremy's fiance and the center of the upcoming wedding of the century, Ohara Von Heinrich. Is it just an illusion that the pale, wavy platinum-haired girl is donning purple eyes that seem to have a strange glow of pity?

"Did Jeremy really say that? But why doesn't he tell me directly?"

"You know that he's out of his mind right now. I'm sorry, I tried to persuade him too..."

"Wait, wait a minute. No matter what he says, I'm obliged to attend their wedding."

"He..."

"He asked me to deliver these words." A princess, who takes a breath with a reluctant look, delivers Jeremy's words as if she was spitting them out, "All of them."

"Your role as a mother will be over as soon as we say our vows tomorrow, so wouldn't it be better to let go now?"

I was stunned for a moment with my mouth ajar. While I am making this expression, Ohara just meets my eyes with a mixed look of regret and reprimand. Oh, what should I say? I don't know how to respond as I have never experienced this before.

Who could foresee this happening? I know Jeremy was not the kind of person to deliver these kinds of words through others. The boy would sit there without principle, scolding and yelling in the person's face. He's not my younger brother, but he's delivering this to me in such a cold manner.

Does this mean you are tired of seeing my face any longer? Is it annoying to talk face to face? Tomorrow you won't need to keep this up any longer.

"No way," I open my mouth to say that, but my voice cracks. "Why would you..."

"Honestly, it's a little too much. I thought so, too. But what can I do when he's so stubborn? Again, my apologies, but I'm sorry to say that your responsibilities only carry on to a certain extent."

It was supposed to be a flattering remark, but I am more perplexed than displeased.

The daughter-in-law, who gives a short sign as if she was frustrated, now flutters her long eyelashes and berates her mother-in-law, who was only four years older than her, in a reproachful voice.

"You should be familiar with the role of a wife in social circles. Of course, I know you are a good person, but most people don't think so. I can't help it when it's only natural for him to blame his mother."

"-Does Jeremy blame me?"

".... Honestly, I heard that you're the one who sat down with the ex-marquis after a month of bereavement.* There were countless scandals and relatives that ended relations with him. Even my aunt who only wanted to see the faces of her nephews was kicked out, so he can't help but resent you. Why did you do all of that?"

So, why did I do that?

There were many reasons, but no words came out of my mouth. No matter what excuse I tell Ohara, no matter how I am going to make that excuse, even if I end up telling a long story about why I had no choice but to do so, I can only say to myself, "What's the point?"

Gosh, my nose ached. I've been so used to the children's insensitivity, but why was I so sad?

"No matter what anyone says, I cannot tell him the reason," I managed to swallow the lump in my throat to continue talking, but Ohara interrupted me again.

"You know he's never considered you as his mother. Honestly, you're ridiculous."

.... Yes, of course. You're only two years younger than me, so it makes sense to think that way. t/n: referring to Jeremy? But... But...

"Of course I want to get along with mother-in-law as much as possible in the future. So please just cooperate this time. I don't want a single thing to go wrong at the wedding. Do you understand?"

"...."

"I will be leaving then. I still have a lot to prepare... But I'll try to persuade him. Don't expect too much though."

Lastly, Ohara, who threw a sad look at me, raised her body to leave. I couldn't even think about seeing her off, I just froze.

Jeremy. Jeremy, a child who has seen me as an enemy since I first stepped foot in this household at the age of fourteen. A child who never shed tears at his father's funeral. A child who cried alone and in a place that no one could see...

11. simplymess

simplymess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use gmail & it works. Or you could just install the app & sign up from there.

12. angelhalo224

angelhalo224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay! English... finally:aww:
    Thank you for posting this. I know there may be naysayers but I think you are fabulous for doing this. Also, thank you for letting us know which parts maybe translated wrong. (I personally like it when a translation/translator notifies readers that something may be incorrect. It is a good thing that creates an opportunity for the community to help each other and brings reader’s attention to the fact that these are fan-created. These translations are generally the product of people’s effort and published out of love for the content and fan community.) :blobsneeze:
    I hope you have a fabulous day. Again, thank you.

13. Lugiia

Lugiia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnosebleed::bloblove:

14. Vinox99

Vinox99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Ninuri

Ninuri New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was this translation project continued?
    +1 if not

16. JuniperBluePen

JuniperBluePen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If no one is doing it.... I'd be interested in taking this on.......... though Korean is not my first language, I'm already translating another one so I'm getting familiar with the grammar!

17. JuniperBluePen

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be picking this up

AkatsukiKawa, Godzman and carooo like this.
  18. Thclownn

Thclownn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May i know, where can i read the translations?

19. JuniperBluePen

Reading List:
    Link
    Please DM me personally. Thank you!

Yumiko Heartfilia likes this.