Resolved A story long forgotten over many years past

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Myriadfold, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    So I know it is a long stretch, but I was hoping that I could call out to those among us who are avid vampire fans and read solid books over the last couple of years.

I am trying to find an old series but cannot remember the names of the author, characters or the specific books. I just remember what the cover sort of looks like which is of no help on google, lol.

I cannot remember the whole plot as its been over 10 years since I was in my high schools library reading it in paperback, so I can only mention a few details and events that make the backbone of 1 or 2 of the books. as some details may be wrong I will avoid mentioning those and just what I am sure of.

now, considering I read this in highschool post-2000 & pre-2010 I can only assume the book series is from before 2005 at the latest, nothing newer. so any suggestions for my search that were published after then... you got it, won't help :S

as it was part of a collection at highschool, I suspect it has more than 1 covers, but the one I remember consisted of colours like red or green with a black silhouette. I tried searching the name I thought the MC had, but that gets me nothing but the anita blake vampire hunter series, which is definitely wrong. though I did think the characters or authors name had 'blake' in it, long search through goodreads and google has netted me zilch so far and so may be wrong entirely. it could even be "shira" or "sheila" or something too :S

Setting: America 21st century, cannot remember the state she lived in, but she makes trips to vegas or nevada in one of the books looking into a secret military facility.

Plot: of the books in the series, the details I remember clearest is that she is an old vampire, turned at the prime age of 19-21 and she lives to experience the renaissance where she meets an alchemist who tries to use the power of the sun and vampire blood to turn her human. she keeps the research which comes in use for her later.

as of the 2nd or 3rd book she has managed to turn back to human and tries falling in love only to face a foe she cannot defeat without her vampire powers, this foe may or may not have had a relationship with her prior her desire to become vampire once more.

he knocks her up and she gives birth to a daughter as a human, however the father is an artificially turned vampire and the daughter is born as a vampire too. the daughter grows really fast at first, maturing to the prime age of 19 or so before her growth halts. now her daughter is rampaging as a vampire and the main character resorts to regaining her powers to stop her daughters rampage in modern day america.

she turns back into a vampire by reversing the process she used to become human and proceeds to call on some old friends to help get her back into fighting shape, especially as she has now aged a few years from the prime-turning-age and thus is weaker than her peak and thus weaker than her daughter.

If I could remember the series name or a books title along with the main characters name, or the authors name I could have found the story easily with a few leaps of logic and search engines. but I remember so little that I can only hope someone else here has read this series and recognizes it from the limited details I can remember :S

it is a series, and is definitely 3 books long but I don't know the final length of the series as i had to return the 3rd book before returning it and never had a change to finish the series.

there was additional arcs in the books that took a rather spiritual approach to her vampire abilities, which may or may not help in identifying the series.

nielyti likes this.
  2. Nathan

Nathan Not-staving graduate

Reading List:
    Link
    No help here but this look intriguing

3. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Argonreality

Argonreality Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking this might be the series originally known as "The Last Vampire", eventually rebundled and retitled as "Thirst", by Christopher Pike. Remarkably similar plot elements, though the exact details aren't quite the same.

Myriadfold likes this.
  5. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Tammyxp

Tammyxp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rodes has most of the parts you remember, but i dont think its a series.

7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    for some reason I was sure the writer was a woman, but that does indeed seem to be the series. much love :3 I got as far as the fight with Kalika it seems. and trust me to read a series shortly after with the above mentioned MC names xD

I can now purchase the series and read it to completion at last :)

My search wouldn't have been so hard if not for the fact I go through "phases" of books, and during these phases I read waaaay too much. that and I used to pull books off the shelf by gut feeling rather than any sense of logic.

you know I can still remember what the school library looked like? lol

my query has been solved, but if people know similar series of events in other vampire stories don't hesitate to keep on sharing, incase another has the same issue as me and finds this thread for salvation ;)