Spoiler A tale of two phoenixes

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by li.king24, Mar 27, 2017.

1. li.king24

li.king24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    plss anyone spoiler is this happy ending or not

2. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    It's HE, they reunited again in the same bamboo forest (garden?) where they 1st met.

3. Chainz366

Chainz366 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers

4. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the they? Too bad there hasn't been a translation in a while. I actually enjoyed this novel. Going to watch this thread for now.

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and ML, ML is the mysterious harem boy who reads book and live in a cottage(?) where there is a bamboo forest(?)

6. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @kiara8 In her original residence... I think there was a bunch of white bamboo tree near where he lived?

ML was a strong figure from another country. He was poisoned and forced to stay in MC residence at the beginning of the story. He wore mask (his real face was very beautiful).

MC tried to escape from the country, bc based on the real history, she knew that her brother was going to be executed in some rebellion soon and she would also got killed. At first, she tried to change him, but her last straw was when he ordered some orphan killed and also killed one of her concubine (the one with fragrance on his body and rival to one who dressed like peacock).
    She also had earned the trust of one concubine who tried to rebel earlier (I think his name was He Yuan or sth). They made a deal where he would helped her for about a year or so, and then she would set him free. She shifted all of her residence's management from ML to HY. HY also ended up fell in love with her but he knew that she didn't love him.

She ended up escaped. The one concubine dressed like peacock betrayed her. He told the palace about her escape plan, but he ended up being killed too.

Once she managed to escape, ML told her that he would go on separate way. One of the concubine (the sickly one) had crush on ML, he was angry and told MC that ML didn't have feeling and revealed that MC had fallen in love with ML. MC confirmed it and he rejected her on spot. She cut some strands of her hair and proudly left. ML asked whether she would just leave like that. MC told him that it was her prerogative whether it was to love him or to leave. (He actually had fell in love with her but just realised it at that moment).

MC ended up in ML's homeland. She rented some residence (it was actually ML's, he managed to manipulate her into unknowingly rented it). ML pretended to be his blind senior brother (with a white clothes to cover half of his face (his eye)) and lived in the residence next to her.

Remember a guy surnamed Wang who was in the poetry meeting with her? He ended up becoming her friend, the Wangs tried to make him MC's fuma instead, but both of them refused. He invited her to travel around the world in a ship and told her the time of his departure. She intended to go with him and bid farewell to ML. Once ML heard it, he kissed her for a long time, causing her to miss the appointed time.

Anyway, ML was in power struggle with his elder sister (an empress). His elder sister managed to manipulate MC's maid and the sickly concubine. MC's maid, You Lan, had crush on ML, and the sickly concubine was bitter that ML was just using him. The sickly concubine had been one of ML's acquaintance and he tried to help ML, but he ended up lost and entered the princess' residence too.

The elder sister told You Lan to reveal MC's whereabout, she would left a grain (or bean) on their path, then the sickly concubine would follow them and killed MC. The elder sister promised You Lan, that she would be married to ML if she succeeded.

Under the threat of MC's life, ML gave up all of his power to the elder sister and the magician (he also one who plotted against ML, he loved MC) transported ML to where MC was. ML managed to save MC, but witnessing how ML strangled You Lan to death and killed the sickly concubine, MC knew that she couldn't live a bloody life with ML, so she still decided to leave. Unknowingly, due to the teleport, ML's body got critically injured. He was thought to be dead.

The magician came to meet MC and told her a way to return to her original time period. Then he suicide as a way to apologise for making her suffer. Before MC left, she visited all of the place she had memories with ML. Once ML heard that MC planned to leave (he was still in recovery), he rushed to meet her. They met again in the bamboo forest in her old residence...

Edited: just found the blog that I got those spoilers from...
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/post/251...ion-to-feng-qiu-huang-and-scene#axzz4cz1MnfNi

Try go there, she had translated about 4 interesting chapters of this novel.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Ze Wu Jun, RAGA, astaterix and 7 others like this.
  7. Myross17

Myross17 [Queen of Underworld] [Immortal Cultivator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know what will be the ending of this novel?
    Will she ever be back in her time? Or will ML and MC will really end up together?

Is this story worth to read?

8. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I really like the story. Too bad it was rather difficult to read with MTL (too many characters at the same time, so confusing when the name also translated).

Will she ever be back in her time?
    No, the magician (or priest, anyway the one who worked in the palace) gave her his bead bracelet before he suicided. This enabled her to return to her time. She had decided to return and before that, she would visited all the place she had memories of (with ML and other). On the last place, ML showed up, so she didn't go back.

Or will ML and MC will really end up together?
    Yes, the novel ended with MC and ML reunited and slept together.

astaterix, jyuuxvii and Myross17 like this.
  9. Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the end, most of the concubines got killed...?

10. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    I drop this novel because mc end up with mystery boy. Why didn’t she end up with all her concubines. I don’t like mc. I was hoping she end up with her concubines and love them. I feel pity of concubines past

11. Ssavilin

Ssavilin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is Master thousand Gold Xiao?
    How about her legal hubby ang Liu Shang?

12. pettes

pettes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished this! Ask me anything you'd like!
    Btw. I really like ML. He seems mild but underneath he's a very scheming guy. almost heartless. and not just plain 'black-bellied' - the political intrigues...the way he schemes is a master level! those story of concubines fighting to be favored by the emperor is childish compared to him.

It's the story where you feel sympathy for the MC, because once ML fell in love, he didn't let go xD

Ze Wu Jun, astaterix and puu264 like this.
  13. pettes

pettes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also. I really love the dynamic of the relationship of MC and her brother, Emperor Liu Ziye (is that even his name) Like the guy is a total monster who slaughters children and abusive towards others. But he was super caring towards MC. Honestly, I have a mixed feeling about that.
    all of the characters are done well. not too black or too white personality.

Ze Wu Jun, puu264 and wafflebeauty like this.
  14. pettes

pettes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw the Novel's name Feng Qiu Huang literally means 'male phoenix caging female phoenix'. I think it came from a song from that era, that a man would serenade to a woman he loves? and That name describes Rong Zi perfectly....

astaterix and wafflebeauty like this.
  15. pettes

pettes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I just saw that someone already spoiled the whole story ._____.
    but any more details, you can ask me.

Ze Wu Jun likes this.
  16. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sorry for the real MC. Women were treated like shit wernt they.

Ze Wu Jun likes this.
  17. pettes

pettes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least she was treated well of her status as the princess. But living with the knowledge that you'll die soon doesn't really bring her peace of mind lol

18. ravenjaz

ravenjaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers, can someone share more details on how did ML end up in MC's palace?
    what did ML see on her collarbone that stop him from attacking her?
    What happened to the guys in her harem after MC escaped?

19. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @ravenjaz I don't really remember more and I'm refraining from rereading the MTL because I was waiting for the english translation.
    I suppose @pettes would be able to give better, longer answers, but in the meanwhile...

how did ML end up in MC's palace?

The fortune teller in the palace, Tian sth (forgot his full name), Tian's and his teacher's task were to maintain the course of history, his teacher had predicted that ML had the power to change the history, hence he had been trying to get rid of ML.
    The teacher managed to injured ML. Princess SY took interest in ML, so instead of killing ML, he sealed ML's martial arts and let ML live, as long as ML stay as Princess SY's concubine.

what did ML see on her collarbone that stop him from attacking her?
    I originally thought it was Princess SY's birthmark, but the drama said that it was Princess SY's scar from the previous assassination attempt on her.
    Anyway, ML had been doubting that MC was just a substitute / body double, therefore MC should not have the same mark as Princess SY, but turned out she had (because she was using Princess SY's body).

What happened to the guys in her harem after MC escaped?
    In the beginning, she got rid of all the member of her harem, except for 5 person (beside ML). The 5 of her harem...
    1. Starting with the one who had attempted to rebel and then turned loyal to MC; HY (I think it was his name). HY managed to escape with MC, then sometimes later, he would got an official position and parted with MC.
    2. The 13 y.o. one, he found her sister and parted with MC, but few years later he came back to meet MC after he had grown up.
    3. The one dressed like peacock, he betrayed MC, told MC's plan to escape and killed by the Emperor (or his army, I don't know, forget).
    4. The one who emitted fragrance from his body, was actually ML's loyal subordinate. He got killed by the Emperor, which was one of the reason MC gave up on rectifying the Emperor and chose to plan her escape.
    5. HC, the sickly one. He was actually a person from martial-art community. He had had some kind of friend-rival thing with ML and tried to save ML, but he got injured too (so he actually wasn't sickly), and then taken to Princess SY's manor too. He loved ML. After MC escaped, ML parted with her and revealed that he just using HC. HC cursed ML that one day he would experience losing someone/thing important. Almost in the climax of the story near the end, HC tried to kill MC (beside of revenge, I guess HC also did it out of jealousy too). ML managed to stop HC by shooting arrow from the distance and killed HC.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    astaterix, puu264, Leiaia and 3 others like this.
  20. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    I see nothing special about this novel sound so boring