LCD A Will Eternal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 27, 2016.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it doesn't.
    No, what I have given is the fact that the MC literally does know anything about the subject other than "insert item into black box cheat tool, get end product" as well as knowledge of the capabilities of the end products.
    Skirting the question? I literally answered it multiple times:
    As I have repeatedly said, literally EVERY SINGLE ONE of the enhancement masters in the world, including his fatty friend and the master of his fatty friend specifically, are more knowledgeable than the MC about enhancement. Because even though they have never seen end products as high ranked as the MC, they actually perform enhancements themselves under their own power and as such have some knowledge about the actual process. Knowledge that you don't get by taking a blackbox tool and pressing the start button.

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bai Xiaochun knows the end product. Fatty doesn't. Thus, he knows more. You can repeat it, but it won't make you any less wrong.

3. slayer6950

slayer6950 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you think knowing the answers but not how to get the answers or even the formula for the problem makes someone the most knowledgeable on the subject...?

mrttao likes this.
  4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the stupidest statement I have heard since talking to someone who said he doesn't believe in terminal velocity, because "it's like trying to stop a bullet with a pillow".

InvincibleDespair likes this.
  5. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know what a mathematical conjecture is? Nobody knows how to get the answers or "formula" for the unsolved ones. The ones who conjectured arguably know the most. You repeat like a broken record, but saying Bai Xiaochun doesn't know the answers to the universe doesn't say crap. He knows more than everybody else. That's it.

6. slayer6950

slayer6950 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mathematical conjectures are done my mathematicians who know how to perform complicated equations and have a background and knowledge to make educated conjectures with years of study on the subject. Fatty, Fatty's Teacher, and other spirit enhancers can make spirit enhancement conjectures, and are qualified to do so. Bai Xiaochun stumbled upon a magic calculator that says the answer to Question 25 is 1.234E+56, but he doesn't even know what Question 25 is asking, and has no background in the subject matter.

mrttao likes this.
  7. Flufflebutter

Flufflebutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the heck is going on in here?

Boys, please. Let's be civil and just agree the other party is a dumbass instead of going around in circles mmkay? Although I do agree with one party.

8. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I think it's closer to the later. They're academics, so of course they know research, but Xiaochun knows alchemy. In the end, they find a pattern, make a conjecture, and try verifying it. It's not like they say hey, let's study this thing nobody knows of so we can make a conjecture. They find it, then work on it. And calculators are awesome. They let everybody know pi, e, etc. I'm not gonna reply to you anymore. You want an echo chamber. You're just going to keep repeating no, people who know nothing know more than Xiaochun until our keys fall off.

-M4- likes this.
  9. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is shit but somewhat humourous. WTF u guys talking about. If MC don't have that turtle wok, he is done.

slayer6950 and mrttao like this.
  10. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. But that's not what we were talking about. Tbh though, the curse was way too weak

11. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey y’all, I put this on hiatus until he got to nascent soul realm. Is he there yet?

12. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Very close

13. Rhetali

Rhetali New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree and disagree with you. I have stated before that Bai Xiaochun knows basically nothing about actually performing a spirit enhancement. He basically presses a start button then watch what happens. So while he may be the least knowledgeable about how to create a spirit enhancement, he is the one with the most knowledge about the effects of spirit enhancement. Specifically, I would point out how he knows that the 21st spirit enhancement the spirit imprint(?) would not be erased unlike how it is erased by the 11th spirit enhancement.
    Also, my previous analogy was wrong. It's not exactly 'book knowledge' that he has. It's more of spectator knowledge. It's like he knows the rules of the game, such as baseball, but not the techniques to play. He would not know how to hold the bat, hit the ball, or run to the base. He would, however, know that you can step on first base while sprinting pass and still be safe (only after hitting the ball). But, no matter what, unless you have your foot on second/third base you are not safe. (Yes, I have a fondness for analogies)
    Finally, let's just agree that 'most knowledgeable' description of Bai Xiaochun was to ambiguous in regards to the knowledge to which it referred.

Nepuko, mrttao and slayer6950 like this.
  14. Rhetali

Rhetali New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone has their preferences, and I can see how some have a negative view of AWE. Personally, I enjoy this novel because of how little filler content there is in the translation. I know that writing two chapters a day can be extremely taxing, and I respect the hell out of the authors anyways, but filler content is not my preference. *Hands clasped in respect to Er Gen and Deathblade*

Nepuko and InvincibleDespair like this.
  15. Bajnor

Bajnor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wiki shows that he will reach nascent soul at 669, so you need to wait ~2 months.

Nepuko and Nyarlathotep like this.
  16. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That last move when he still could not summon his beast partner, at least he fared better than the previous time

17. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Terrestrial necromancer" sound so weird. Would be better to call them Earth necromancer or Earthbound necromancer, like we have for Earth Witch (similar to Kitchen Witch).

18. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    But then we would have both earth necromancers and earthly necromancers, and that doesn't looks like a good idea

19. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Terrestrial necromancer" just sound off, not really fantasy-esque at all. Maybe replace it with "Earthbound necromancer" then or something else.

20. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    To you, to me it feels just fine