Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Walksauce

Walksauce New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that's goergien, or how ever you pronounce it. The love letters that rozemyne reads discribe her past to a T. Also when goergien meets with Sylvester during the Lord meeting, she says that she got a letter that said that the former high bishop had died. I'm pretty sure it's heavily implied to be her.

saix2 and Kaylee like this.
  2. bittervalley1

bittervalley1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Walksauce said, it is Georgine. Regarding Ferdinand not paying attention:

1) Ferdinand was tired that day and pretty dismissive of whatever Rozemyne was saying
    2) Rozemyne reported that there was a letter to former High Bishop/head temple, but she didn't tell him it was magical letter.
    3) She asked if the fact he died was confidential, and Ferdinand said no.
    4) Rozemyne thought - hey I didn't do anything wrong - I'm off the hook.

So typical day of misunderstanding between Rozemyne and Ferdinand.

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. That's all happened there.
    So, is there any meaning with the event from number 1 to 4 later on?

4. bittervalley1

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Georgine use this as excuse later to visit Ehrenfest for the first time after her marriage to pay "respect" to her late uncle. Through this trip she renewed her connection to her faction remaining in Ehrenfest and start conspiring the plan against Ehrenfest.

Jukki and Kaylee like this.
  5. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Sylvester was getting pointed words during the conference from Georgine till he stomachache

6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another myne's blunder lol I forgot if her trio guardians scolded her or not.

lol
    Sylvester weak point is all the women around him XD, mother sister and his wife :LOL: oh also his daughters (charlotte and the troublesome rosemyne :blobjoy:)

The problem with Bookworm is that so many parts I wanna reread over and over!! When I read Part 3, I stopped and read a bit of Part 4, then jumped to Part 5....then back tracked to Part 1 again!!! There are so many things I forgot and I always coming back to read.
    (The joy of being a bookworm too, but not as crazy as Myne).

Also, the dunkelfieger knights, the reason they helped Myne to rescue Ferdinand, then were following Ferdinand order......a fan club? Ferdinand fanclub?:blob_grin:

Yuukiyuki, Jukki and saix2 like this.
  7. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 5? you finish the web novel? can i have spoiler of all the things that Myne got into in school, as Hirscher report that she send back? i love her reports they are so concise and to the point.

8. Walksauce

Walksauce New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While we are on the topic, did Georgine want to see Veronica in the white tower just to see her suffer for sending her to get married? Or was their another reason?

Jukki likes this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I cannot. I skipped here and there in enjoyment reading this long novel since the wn has alr ended.
    Also I myself wanna know spoiler too, since it's mtl, so many things are not clear for me.

10. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there Hirscher report in the web novel? i bet Slyvester had a good time reading those reports.

11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the baptism age is 7years old, what abt the coming of age then? 14 or 15? Since they can get married after they have come of age.

Also, Anyone know the characters age?
    Benno = early 30, Otto = should be mid 20
    From novel, I know Sylvester and Karstedt, they're 26/7 and 36/7 (forgot the exact)
    Eckhart 19, Lampret 17, and Cornelius 13
    Then I rmb Benno told Main, Ferdinand is ard 23, but could be younger maybe 20.
    And it got me to think, Eckahrt is Ferdinand's knight guard and subordinate.....wait, only 1 or 3years difference???
    Then based on Karstedt and Eckhart's age, let's assume Karstedt married when he was ard 15/16years old, and Elvira pregnant with Eckhart maybe 1 or 2years later. When Karstedt married Elvira, Ferdinand should be ard 10......he def not 20......I think the timeline is fucked up here LOL. help
    But, if Eckhart is 19, and Ferdinand is ard 20s, it makes sense how Elvira and Eckhart treated him not like outsider and instead adore (for Elvira) and admire him, since Ferdinant had been with them from when he's a cute young boy.

I think there is. I havent gotten there.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Jukki likes this.
  12. Walksauce

Walksauce New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comming of age is 15 years old.

If karstad is 36 years old, and he got married at 15, that means he got married 21 years ago. If they have Eckhart 2 years after that he would be 19 years old, 1 year younger than Ferdinand if he was 20 years old. Was this your confution?

13. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Ferdinand is only 20 (vol4) 21 (Vol6-8)
    Eckhart is only 18 (Vol8)
    Karsdedt is 37 (Vol8)
    Sylvester 26 (Vol6-8)
    Lampret 16 (Vol8)
    Cornelius 11 (Vol8)

14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, coz I thought the trio were together before one of them married or have children. I thought they're one generation older.
    Ferdinand was with them after baptism, right? Since Eckhart is the subordinate, I never imagine their age difference is only 1 or 2 year, and that they're classmate.

Thanx

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  15. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the more balanced the magic is the sweeter it gets because when rosemyne was influenced by magic of gods, she was out of balance with Ferdinand, the medicine tasted very bad for her. He was probably surprised that it tasted sweet for her because he has insane amount of mana and probably no one ever balanced with him. Even more surprising was that a child before 10 is balanced with him.

They have guilty conscience from intervening too much and was borderline threatened by Rosemyne. And they just really love ditter, they just need a proper reason then they are good to go. Always. Faster than Steifferise!

Ferdinand still wins because apparently when a child with devouring is dyed with another's magic, they stay dyed until they get dyed by someone else. And the person with devouring will have the same magical characteristics as the person who dyed them but lesser. But when myne was dyed by mestionora and later on blessed by gods, her mana can easily overwhelm Ferdinand.

Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple people in one post. Anyways, I REALLY love this story and read the wednovel around twice and the later parts around 5 times. I was surprised that people found the romance lacking when at the later parts if you know their logic and world building enough, you'll practically melt in their sweetness.
    It's just that myne is dense as f* and doesn't understand she's in deep enough unless Ferdinand tells her his feelings. It's funny if you read the later parts and think about it in Ferdinand's point of view because HE.F*CKING.BLUSHES. at one point. Because Myne without being aware much of aristocrat speaking and family conventions practically asked for Ferdinand from Sylvester

For nobles who don't directly compliment or speak of love or even go around the long way in expressing themselves that they are often misunderstood, Myne who is blunt kind of accidentally flirted with Eglantine. And She sort of funnily evaded a royal courting her. And the adults use her being dense to their advantage too
    If you think about dyeing one's magic as some sort of foreplay to s*x then it's even funnier how much Myne misunderstands things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2020
    lazynoodles, Tjanie, moneng85 and 8 others like this.
  16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized, Ferdinand cloak is blue not yellow. Blue is Dunkelfelger's color, right? And when he's going to Aschenbach, smth abt return it to Dunkelger and he wore Ehrenfest's yellow cloak.

Someone will def come to you for doing more than one post after post :LOL:

Btw, I agree with you, after I know how Ferdinand's mind and thinking, I can see how Main is very important for him. He was just so damn obvious in Part 5, like minutes after they met each other :blob_coughblood:
    When they're ggoing to fly back to Ehrenfest, he just casually grabbed Main's hand to ride his flying beast.
    And I can see how Main unconsciously already considered Ferdinand important for her in part 4.
    Still, I am glad for the lack of very visible man woman romance in Jpn isekai, and only served as spice to make this novel more interesting,

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  17. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    he won it from his friend in dunkelfelger in ditter andhe never won it back from ferdinand. Ferdinand going to Arensbach mean uncertainties and he didn't want the cape to get snatched or used for something else so he returned it because capes embroidered by family(wife usually) is precious. And his yellow cloak's protection charm was done with Myne's ink soooo *wink* *wink*

They also use people, like:
    Rosemain was ferdinand's treasure and Hanerolle was Heiss Heitz's, they were betting the right to publish a book. Then they did it again between students for wife-stealing-ditter to make Rosemain Lestilot's first wife.
    The actual reason for existence of ditter was for stealing and defending the foundation of terrritories.

There's also
    4. Students punished for mischief on a shrine
    5. A place where God grants a pair of lovers private moments (away from their entourage if they are lord candidates)

It did, sort of, they now have negotiations with dunkelfelger for it and they're going to use it to distribute knowledge on how to be a zent or how important praying is. It's not that the printing changed the world but the knowledge it's going to bring. It was Myne who really changed the world not really printing.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Aeolian and Jukki like this.
  18. bittervalley1

Reading List:
    Link
    In ch 436, she explicitly declare to Ferdinand that he is so important to her that she consider him practically her family. She actually gets super mad at him that he is insensitive to the feeling of the people who care about him.

19. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't get over of how Main, repeatedly said 'I will certainly make Ferdinand happy!' over and over inside her head and in front of people :ROFLMAO::LOL:
    I cried in the chapter led to Ferdinand going to Aschenbach, also with how vulnerable Sylvester with his younger brother (also when he drunk and sad abt it), and how Ferdinand last word to him was to call him older brother. and when Main said 'to give the best to the teacher who teach her everything'.....I sobbed while reading those chapters :cry::cry:

btw, anyone know that attendant/servant in Ferdinand house, Razeman (?), is it a he or she? and how old?

Yuukiyuki and Tarniaesquetta like this.
  20. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanted to add this:
    When Ferdinand was dying, he said Rosemyne's name and that showed Ferdinand's situation to Rosemyne and made her desperate enough to declare:

"If I have enough magical power, will my grandfather and adoptive father cooperate? For me to save Ferdinand-sama, Arensbach, the center, the king, and even gods. It doesn't matter if they are my enemy. I have no intention of giving up."

I think it's Lazafram, or close to that, it's a guy around the age of Eckhart, Justox and Ferdinand.
    I also cried a lot on that part and it was so heartbreaking to read how everyone was prepared to move on without saving Ferdinand. And i just kyun'd at rosemyne's anger when she heard how Ferdinand accepted his imminent death and her witnessing his giving up expression

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    lazynoodles, Tjanie, moneng85 and 4 others like this.