Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My understanding.
    Urano is dead.
    Reincarnate as Lil Main.
    Lil Main can access to her previous life memory that's inside her soul maybe because she's a devourer or maybe because she's blessed by gods or any other reason.
    (Just like everyone who never remember their previous life, it's normal to not have her Urano memory when they reincarnate to someone new.)
    But then Lil Main's body is nearing her limit. So Urano 'wakes up' after Main's (near)death experience.

saix2 likes this.
  2. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    The story was simple and prove one point, Myne and Urano are the same person (soul). Urano died then reincarnated to Myne. Now as the devouring has eaten away part of her soul, Myne (dominant) suddenly has access to Urano's (asleep) memories that is why its leaking while she still is sickly Myne on her bed. Because she keeps on dreaming of being healthy in another world, she started getting mad at Tuuli at one point until she blurted out to Effa she doesn't want to wake up anymore. Now the devouring is almost eating most of Myne's soul so what do you think happen? It tried to defend itself thats how her memories from Urano already take over surfaced. The concept of reincarnation in Bookworm is whenever you die your soul added layers. Urano was the inner past layer and Myne is the current outer layer. As defense mechanism of hers Urano finally awaken and become dominant, Myne is still there becoz Urano has merge whatever the devouring left of Myne. Memories, language , mannerism. You can rewatch episode 1 for visualization of this.

In part 2 Myne admit to Ferdinand that she is already slowly forgetting the dream world. I guess this is her body fixing things in the natural order.
    The memory dig, just refreshes them.

Wasn't this obvious from the start? Urano died being buried by books. Myne died from the devouring. Her soul just acted defensively to survive. Thats how we got the current Myne.

3. eekaargh

eekaargh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, Ferdinand only got half when he first encountered Erwarmen when he was a student. Because he shares the same mana colour with Myne/Rozemyne after all the potion-related dyeing that he did to save her (and to read her mind in the beginning), Erwarmen thought they were the same person and gave the rest of the glutrisheit to Rozemyne.

As far as I remember (and I'm translating the rest of the web novel using deepL so I'll reread that part), Ferdinand was able to take most if not all of his missing glutrisheit parts from Rozemyne by copying them but he's not yet allowing Rozemyne to copy all his glutrisheit because it would entail dyeing (which meant that they have to be married and be intimate) to do so. I'll confirm this as I go along.

By the way, I've been translating the web novels (posted online) while waiting for J-novel.club to translate the light novels (official re-writing of the web novels in book form). I first read the web novel using Google translate in the original site (https://ncode.syosetu.com/n4830bu/) provided by a fan in this thread 3 years ago (THANK YOU!) and tbh, g-translate drove me nuts but I ploughed through and finished just so I can find out how the story ended
    Last year, I started rereading the web novels using deepL (which was also recommended by a manga fan on another site) which was way better than Google translate but you need to copy-paste in parts so it was a hassle. I'm re-translating later volumes using deepL and fix them in Word so I can reread them at my pleasure. I thought they were pretty good when compared to the translated light novels which I buy via kindle as they come out.

If you're interested in reading my translations (still ongoing, just completed Part 5-Vol 3) I'm willing to share them with my fellow ASOAB fans. I'll provide the link here if I get replies in this thread Also, I did not re-translate older volumes because I already own the official light novels ebooks: fully re-translated files start with Part 4 vol 7.
    I will include Part 4-5 and Part 4-6 but they're work-in-progress and I have no intention of going back to fix them as I already bought the official light novels of these 2 volumes. This means the incomplete sections are Google translated.

4. Callumcortes

Callumcortes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Yes please!!! I couldn't wait for so long, and I just read this thread again and again because my brain could not take mtl by Google

Thank you in advance

eekaargh likes this.
  5. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy to share - I just need to meet the forum's required posts (about 5, I think) before I can post links. They are good with preventing spams. I was a lurker here for 3 years and didn't create an account until now heheheh

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    elkensteyin and Callumcortes like this.
  6. ceirhi

ceirhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also interested in reading them! I'm really curious about your experience using deepL since I've mostly been using google's auto translate to read stuff from Syosetu.

elkensteyin and eekaargh like this.
  7. Eizeral

Eizeral New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m also interested in reading them!

eekaargh likes this.
  8. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually pretty accurate and the site gives you options. I like using it but it's more involved (such as posting only so many texts/characters) it also gets confused when there are multiple sentences and gives out generic statements that has nothing to do with what you're translating, LOL. Nonetheless, it's probably the best I've used and as an online app, as far as I know, is AI and capable of learning.

Each book took me a week or two to complete while I was out of work, but I've revisited Vol 5 books and I changed some mistakes (i was sometimes soo sleepy working on this)

9. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Ewarmen
    Georgine and/or Raublut as co-conspirator
    She was fired and eventually confined in their mansion (or probably jailed) bec of her role in attempted poisoning of Rozemyne (via stolen scriptures arc)

Callumcortes likes this.
  10. Callumcortes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ponychan, ceirhi and eekaargh like this.
  11. Callumcortes

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished read 4-7 thanks to @eekaargh for the translation to English.
    I thought rosemyne will cook some tricks in this ditter, but she just being the treasure, Ferdinand's treasure :blobamused:

In this part is the first time adalgiza mentioned, no?

And what with that sovereign temple guy Immanuel? He's so freaking creepy! :blobowoevil: is he gonna do something so rosemyne go the sovereign temple?

12. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Twitter Spills for next arc. Had something to do with the current Alexandria (its mask as the possible first kiss?) - what could be the timeframe for this ? pre-Hannelode or post-Hannelore???
    Yes there are spies.
    IMG_20220524_031121.jpg
    IMG_20220524_031149.jpg

Jukki and teal08 like this.
  13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sensei always teasing
    Seriously, Bookworm always (can) expands further even when the last of part 5 ended long time ago.

14. elkensteyin

elkensteyin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd definitely like to read your translations. I've tried reading through Google's MTL, but it's tough.

I guess one spoiler I'd like to know about is what actually happens to Wilfried. I know that Oswald, who kind of contributed to Wilfried's downfall, ultimately resigns, but what actually happened to cause it (something about rumors about Rozemyne I think)? And how was he ultimately punished?

Also, sorry about the multiple replies. Still getting used to this forum process.

eekaargh likes this.
  15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, I read something today.
    The red panda that is the animal Main based on her high beast form.
    It said, red panda is unique because they have no relative, the only living species in its genus and family.
    After reading that, I started to think, it's very much fitting to be like Main or Urano. The only one in a strange world.
    But then, sensei did say there'd be more reincarnated people??

16. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    I can finally post links, yay! Here are the books for part 4. PLEASE DON'T POST ANYWHERE as I did this for my own use.
    PDF files can be read online or downloaded.

❥Part 4-5 Vol 17 (word file - INC aka, some chapters were left as MTL/Google translate)
    https://mega.nz/file/k6wQAagA#aWsAj_Zf2zDVG9AL84PGkdZcAPBilcGl390l-ybdT-c

❥Part 4-6 Vol 18 (word file - INC aka, some chapters were left as MTL/Google translate)
    https://mega.nz/file/wuxQCJ7K#kHds1yqr9cMeUg1Qt6DOC74pVMrSLdVn_8dzU0pROxo

❥Part 4-7 Vol 19
    https://mega.nz/file/s6oFgYYK#2_LaPbHxFYTr7eXYGTEh3Sf1P0oSllgjVezEq8VNoSk

❥Part 4-8 Vol 20
    https://mega.nz/file/MjZV1RAA#v_O46fZzOVA6VnUA7Zg5ZEKH_oivAcOLGvnYiBILEV0

❥Part 4-9 Vol 21 - Final book of Part 4
    https://mega.nz/file/R3o2RJRT#PGyslYyWT5DYZmHX0agkaDb3p-tXyNLLcdWjZ2S8ynw

This undertaking was a LOT OF WORK and if not for lockdown in the last 2 years, i wouldn't have done this :
    • took 1-2 wks to translate each book last year when I was out of work.
    • Although deepL is pretty accurate in translating, you need to copy-paste 1-3 sentences at a time and then l edit them to fit the context which takes a long time.
    • There were sections that just won't translate properly even when you copy-paste each sentence and I have to go to different translation sites to compare and put my own guess based on context.
    • I also took time to look at Japanese Light Novel illustrations posted by fans on the AOAB wiki page and tried to match them to the chapters.
    • I also included Side Stories that are related to the Volume.
    But the work was worth it. Love to get your feedback - preferably praises and compliments :blobuwu: :blobnobully:
    I will not edit the books from Part 4 because the official light novels seem to be getting a good release cadence, and I buy them as they come out. I'm still working on Part 5 books (revisiting 3 if them so I can post next week).

If you're sharing with friends, share the link so I can track how many are DL-ing.
    Lastly, happy reading!

PS: thanks @Callumcortes for posting links on my behalf. You rock

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    Maeca, Yuukiyuki, Ponychan and 7 others like this.
  17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jukki, teal08 and eekaargh like this.
  18. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    they are going to sell that as bundled (in some sites) coz there are chapters in the drama cd that is in sync with that current volume.

eekaargh likes this.
  19. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the drama cd and novel are practically a set, though they also sold them separately.

As for the goblets, those are the mini-version of the Goddess of Earth's Chalice. Georgine's underlings used the mini chalices in tandem with black weapons to steal mana from Ehresfest's land, so that Georgine would have it easier when she went to steal Ehresfest's Foundation Magic.

20. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    Very nice I'll update the illustrations for this book (I drafted the last 5 of the web novel).
    1. Book frontispiece: Rozemyne, Matthias, and (background) his father of the year, Grausam
    2. CD cover: Rozemyne (center); Sylvester, Ferdinand, Matthias, Georgine, Grausam (clockwise fr top)
    I've been relying on the Amazon Japan reviews of the book releases to create my translation and it seems that we'll get 10 volumes for Part 5 of the light novel. Here's my est for the remaining English light novel volume release schedule based on how they've been releasing the last books:

• Part 4 - 8 Vol 20 ✧ Aug 10 2022
    • Part 4 - 9 Vol 21 ✧ Oct 2022
    • Part 5 - 1 Vol 23 ✧ Dec 2022
    • Part 5 - 2 Vol 24 ✧ Feb 2023
    • Part 5 - 3 Vol 25 ✧ Apr 2023
    • Part 5 - 4 Vol 26 ✧ Jun 2023
    • Part 5 - 5 Vol 27 ✧ Aug 2023
    • Part 5 - 6 Vol 28 ✧ Oct 2023
    • Part 5 - 7 Vol 29 ✧ Dec 2023
    • Part 5 - 8 Vol 30 ✧ Feb 2023
    • Part 5 - 9 Vol 31 ✧ Apr 2023 ❁Japan 2022Aug
    • Part 5 -10 Vol 32 ✧ Aug 2023 ❁Japan TBD (PROBABLY THE END)
    Hope this is right, I hate waiting :blobtired:

Been really busy so Part 1-1 Vol 22 of my web novel translation will be posted here sometime next week. Cleaning it up takes time and I'm being pulled by work:blobdead: (and the Johnny Depp case:blobcheeky:).

Last edited: May 26, 2022