Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Snowkitten

Snowkitten Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jnovel has an app and you can read the translations before hand as they come out. Before it is released on Amazon. The fanbook is there it’s 50 or so for a year so I did it lolz

Tiilka likes this.
  2. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I just bought the digital version of the latest, Bad news 5-11 will be released in Spring and 5-12 the final will be released in Winter ... 3 Ss compilation books planned.

IMG_20221209_233438.jpg IMG_20221209_233507.jpg IMG_20221209_233545.jpg
    IMG_20221210_000600.jpg
    IMG_20221209_233713.jpg IMG_20221209_233746.jpg IMG_20221209_233851.jpg
    IMG_20221210_000614.jpg
    IMG_20221209_233921.jpg IMG_20221209_233957.jpg IMG_20221209_234031.jpg IMG_20221209_234055.jpg

Read the prologue here for free

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  3. mtlpurgatory

mtlpurgatory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps the author requested for more time. Last volume is expected to have perhaps 50% new content.

I've also heard that the spin-off will be published by To Books.

teal08, Jukki and saix2 like this.
  4. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author has also spilled that she almost didn't make this volume in time for the deadline due to her health (the author is sickly), so I assume that they want to prevent the same thing from happening again. It's almost certain that the last two volumes would also be heavily rewritten, not to mention she will also have to resume Hannelore spin-off by then.

Jukki likes this.
  5. Tiilka

Tiilka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine that as she is writing the sequel she is having better ideas for the end of Rozemyne’s story. There was a lot of repetitive debate about who would become Zent. Literally chapters of conversation. But fingers crossed they leave in the spin cycle sequence ‘cause it makes me laugh just picturing it.

6. mtlpurgatory

mtlpurgatory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob: Her health is likely a factor for the delays, so yes, she should have more time.

Besides, we already know how the main story goes.

7. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    5-10 corrections

+++++++++

prologue - very delusional chapter

epilogue - you can see a glimpse of how the 1st lady thinks. Also Aub Dunkels evaluation of Ferdinand from middle rank duchy. - I dont want to be tuned into his enemy -. Nothing much was added. He evaluated that everything they worked for will be credit grabbed by Fer and Roz.

Immanuels PoV - the intentions to revive the old ways are there (pure), he is ambitious. How to explain ? this is the pride of religious person who think of the existence of a glorious past. he wanted Roz as reward for his cooperation if he wins. End up at the hands of Immanuel ver 2.0 (Hartmunt) :blob3cevil::blob3cevil: - still a letdown from the build up...

Magdalena PoV - the 3rd wife who ended up becoming his (Traokvar) personal guard during the rebellion. Ends up fighting Laobrute with the help of Aub Dunkel.
    Knows and thinks her husband deserve to get Gh, she actually prays for it but Traokvar :
    [​IMG]

Anastazius Pov - continuation of the lockdown story from Magdalena's PoV. Showed as a glimpse of traumatic Egglantine. The only royal that was easier to move.

Gervagio PoV - very arrogant, I think its true about what he claims he is the most magical person in Yurgenschmidt and Lanzeneve (Fer PoV back this up). Very lazy during the discussion of the rules of the Zent race. He didn't intervene that led to his downfall. Saw Ferdinand in his vulnerable state. Its very interesting to note that the only reason Roz didn't forget about Ferdi was becoz Ferdi inserted his mana to an unconscious Rozmyne - Mestinora also stated Roz body didn't reject it (a stranger's mana), if added with deeper meanings it tells us Fer is more important than reading. It also shows us how vicious Ferdinand is when he get the bad end that we all know - trapped in Geilssemeir border gate. The 2nd person to curse Ferdi (other than Veronica). I wonder if this curses affect the time travel arc (cutting thread) plot? About the rule of non-killing? I wonder if the curting thread of Ferdi is part of this? As they discussed you can die via accident, via magical beast, starvation or becoz of a person. Only the future of this book will tell... Also this is the preview chapter why we get the Jealous Ferdinand in the next book and why he keeps attacking Ewarmien (haha the Ntr memes are hilarious :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:) - and its also interesting to note that it seems he cant perceive Ferdinand's mana :hmm::hmm::hmm: but can perceive Roz. So the ranking of magic accrding to him is Ger > Roz > Fer.

Ferdinand PoV - One of the best pov of Ferdinand so far, witnessing how smart and calculating he is. He thinks Gervagio has more magic than anyone in Yurgenschmidt (evaluated too highly - notes he didnt say higher than him or Roz or even a Royal). Added by the known factor personally by experience to him when he was chosen as magic stone and he is chosen as next King (I think Ferdi's evaluation of himself is bias -he is still lowering/doubting/downgrading hisself to anyone). But it was clear when Roz is unconscious with Mestionoras remnant mana - he wasnt repelled - so this is my evaluation of the mana ranking :
    Fer > Ger > Roz (altar battle)
    Roz (Mesti) = Fer > Ger (zent race)
    still not convinced? Just go back to Roz PoV when she is supplying mana at Klassenberg. To continue his Pov he was able to hypothesize that Gervagio didn't have that certain info in his Gh, he ended up lying that he didnt know a certain question ask by the Gods during the discussion - that certain info was very crucial to the rules - making the game look Fair. This is best read by the way, you will be amazed with the Devil. Unnecessary/unpredictable actions by Roz was also factors with his success. No lovey dovey moment (sorry fans) coz his chapter is full of seriousness in it. Cant wait for the next book.
    its ok not to agree with my interpretation - my interpretation is like that becoz they as nobles had history to think of themselves as a rank higher than anyone ex: Sigizwald, Dietrend , Gelvagio, Martina, Lestilaut - everyone evaluates themselves as higher than another, the only character in this book that prove me wrong is just Aub Dunkel, even his wife cant believe his evaluation as well). Ranking yourself higher than another character is a recurring theme in this book. The protagonist (winners) don't do that, they always lower (humble) themselves (how to word this, they hide things that will surprise you later). Once you evaluate yourselves with no imperfections, it is doom for your character.

For example Gervagio throws massive mana (not hitting) attack at Ferdinand in one of the chapters, Ferdinand counterattacks with calculative/restraints amount of mana via water gun (Gervagio calls it puny - but it hits vital magic tools around his body :hmm: :blob_grin: :blobshh:). Both persons dont have full info of each others mana quantity. Gervagio theorize that he is not a threat based on the amount of mana Ferdi throws at him. Fedinand theorize that " if " the fight is too long he might loose. Ferdi didn't underestimate a single mana attack thrown at him. The impressions of each other suddenly corrected by onlookers (3rd party peeps like Aub Dunkel/Anastazius). In the process Gervagio lost his defense items, resulting to his injured thigh and the surprised attack of Ferdinand that hit and weakened his body.
    Later on it seems some impressions are slightly corrected when we get the advent of Mestionora to Rozmyne's body. Roz who is evaluated below Gervagio suddenly receive a boost from a Goddess and when she lost consciousness the stranger's mana (Ferdinand) according to Mestionora was easily accepted when it should have been repelled (this is the hidden gun/gem meant to surprise the reader).

the excuse that they are the same mana (with Ferdi) no longer exist by the time of her advent, she was completely dyed by Mestionora at that point, if its prolonged the fear that she will no longer be Rozmyne can come true. This is another expansion again by the author. What is being expanded here? The myths about devourers. Remember the unexplained Shadow clones by Georgene? The story from Mestionora's library about another God who descended and took over another person's life (hidden as falling in love or just prank playing with another). The possible perpetuator in cutting Ferdinand's thread. Or is this simply the introduction of Curses in their world?

Now I have a lot more questions, 2 books or more will tell if this will be debunk.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  8. ichigofanz

ichigofanz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the imanges @saix2 it's so beautiful :aww:::bloblove:: You-sensei gets better each new volume. I'm so curious about the new ss i always love Ferdinand's pov, he's rational and quite a reliable narrator imo, unlike our loveable Rozemyne :blobsweat:

After reading a more recent spoilers, Ferdinand's pov when Rozemyne rescue him at Ahrensnach, and some Q&A, somehow I got the impression that Miya-sensei intend to show that Ferdinand's feelings for Rozemyne is not love, but something like possessive tendency? I'm not too sure, but he doesn't seem to appreciate Rozemyne's grown up appearance (ofc it may be because the god of nurturing Arnvax intentionally growing Rozemyne to be even more similar to the goddess of wisdom Mestionora) much. He thinks Rozemyne growth is too artificial, too perfect, and feels relieved that the contents didn't change :blobjoy:
    Maybe Ferdinand's feelings to Rozemyne is akin to imprinting, in a sense that she's the one that open his eyes to familial love, a familial love he longed for. I do hope Miya-sensei will be healthier & keep writing the next volume, I want to know the newly engaged Ferdinand & Rozemyne daily life before Rozemyne's 5th year and especially pov other than Rozemyne & Hannelore. Imo Hannelore is not a reliable narrator since she's too fascinated with love story.

9. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    After rereading Roz Pov, Ger Pov and Fer Pov simultaneously again about the battle at the altar what indication do you guys need to know who is stronger than who? Why did Puny water gun mana attack (from Fer) deleted or destroyed Ger's amulets? If I were Ger I would be vigilant when that happened. :blob_grin:

Amulets and tools get destroyed when your mana overpower them. That is a very straight answer. That was medium range sniping distance. What if he holds them? And Gold dusted them :blob_grin:

Why did Laobrut in a battle mode sense, ignored Anastazius in one of the scenes during Anas Pov? Becoz his instintcs is right. The biggest threat for him and Ger is on the altar (Fer). Remember Laobrut's mana is on Royal Level becoz he tried courting Vallamrine (Princess of Adalgiza).

Like I said in my past post before this LN Version appeared, Current Fer is equal to Mestionora's mana level.

I reread again and we are all fascinated by the Washing Machine (AoE Vashen), but some forgot that while Fer is fighting on the altar, his shield (multiple) is tanking Roz before her knights takeover and she was able to recite Shizteria shield.

Bookworm genre (Roz pov) from disneyfied ver, change genre when its Fer's turn. Damn I remember Toa Tokuchi on him.

About Fer in love or obsessed. I haven't read anything from him that he is in awe situation with Roz. Immanuel, Hartmunt, Ruwaldi, Lestilaut had. But since we already had over protective Ferdi since Part 3 and in denial state (thats what it looked to me), I think I also remember Fer in part 3 trying to impress her with his findings. That might be a start, but it was never familial since we had a character like Rihyarda (grandma - all the respect he had for this character while being worriedly tense) think of him still as a boy introducing this girl to her for the first time.

Honestly if the Urano (Dream chapter) reveal didn't happen, I think her age is what keeps him away to her. He wont open up to her that much. I think offscreen development really happened during the Winter of Part 2.

Thats why Rihyarda say Young Master really change too much.

+++++
    Screenshot_2022-12-16-22-26-49-845_com.twitter.android.jpg Screenshot_2022-12-16-22-27-02-259_com.twitter.android.jpg Screenshot_2022-12-16-22-27-25-183_com.twitter.android.jpg Screenshot_2022-12-16-22-27-44-230_com.twitter.android.jpg Screenshot_2022-12-16-22-28-03-123_com.twitter.android.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  10. ichigofanz

Reading List:
    Link
    With how obsessed Ferdinand is with research, I believe he'd crazily compressed his mana after Rozemyne teach him her compression method. Wasn't Sylvester told Rozemyne to decompress her mana to deal with her overflowing mana because he already experienced it from Ferdinand time? I believe Ferdinand have much more mana than Gervastio. It's also make sense that Rozemyne's mana is lower than both Ferdinand & Gervastio, she live as Myne/Rozemyne in much shorter time than them both, plus jureve time & her decompressing mana to adjust her control (though she did compress more mana after her schtappe improved). She's not obsessed with mana research like Ferdinand after all.

Maybe the reason why Rozemyne is so receptive to Ferdinand's mana is because she's a devourer with mark of Ewigeliebe and has been completely dyed with Ferdinand's mana since the Shizka/trombe incident. Remember how Ferdinand is surprised that the mana adjustments potion is sweet for her, I bet he already completely dyed her when he close her wounds with mana. Basically she lives a much longer time using Ferdinand's mana color than with her own mana color. Plus she pretty much already regards Ferdinand as the most important person in her life.

I do hope for both Rozemyne & Ferdinand feelings to blossoms into love, just like Hannelore always dreamed about (wishful thinking I know, what with the oblivious Rozemyne & the self-sabotaging Ferinand), but maybe with their much closer interaction after taking over Ahrensbach, their interactions will be sweeter, one can dreams :blobjoy:

It's just that from some Q&A I read, I got the impression that Miya-sensei is kind of trying to pass Ferdinand's feelings as dependance/obsession, like when he ask Rozemyne what is her Geduldh, his unspoken question is if she doesn't needs him. I think Ferdinand can't live without being needed by someone, why, the only reason he keeps going after the previous Aub Ehrenfest died & Veronica increasing harassment is just because Imruhilde once said to him that someone wants him to live & wish that he'll meet that person someday. He literally can't live without being needed, because he's so negative. He almost lost his will to live when Airvermen, a god in his eyes, tells him to die so that Rozemyne can complete her Mestionora Book & in his cognition, books and her family is everything to Rozemyne, he didn't dare to imagine Rozemyne will choose him over books & her family who live in Yurgenschmidt. When she proves him wrong, I believe Ferinand become kind of obsessed with her.

Nabeyaki Udon, teal08, Inai and 3 others like this.
  11. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I think 4-9 after her 2nd Yureve soaking she started decompressing her mana since we already had a glimpse of her body growing again (by comparing it with 8yr old Letitia at the time). Anastazius of 5-1~5-5 timeline still call her prebaptismal child (when Egg tried to advice him to make her the 2nd wife).

+++++++
    With the state of Rozmyne's magic tool able to withstand Mestionora's mana and the Various Gods (2nd downpour). I'm already convinced, Ferdinand of 4-9 already exceeded Royal (human) mana level. Remember the next book 5-11 he will decorate her with anti-God descent magic tools (prototype) that is why Mestionora can't descend and take her over.

The higher Ego of Gervagio and the rest is what made them loose. Rather than go for talks, he choose to invade. Like the other people say on other forums, it looks like this is the end for the mana users in Lanzeneve.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    teal08, Neuthue and Jukki like this.
  12. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just that from some Q&A I read, I got the impression that Miya-sensei is kind of trying to pass Ferdinand's feelings as dependance/obsession, like when he ask Rozemyne what is her Geduldh, his unspoken question is if she doesn't needs him. I think Ferdinand can't live without being needed by someone, why, the only reason he keeps going after the previous Aub Ehrenfest died & Veronica increasing harassment is just because Imruhilde once said to him that someone wants him to live & wish that he'll meet that person someday. He literally can't live without being needed, because he's so negative. He almost lost his will to live when Airvermen, a god in his eyes, tells him to die so that Rozemyne can complete her Mestionora Book & in his cognition, books and her family is everything to Rozemyne, he didn't dare to imagine Rozemyne will choose him over books & her family who live in Yurgenschmidt. When she proves him wrong, I believe Ferinand become kind of obsessed with her.
    [/QUOTE]

Did you read the original language or mtl? It seems to me that you have misunderstood/misinterpreted some parts.

13. YumenoJigen

YumenoJigen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    P5 V10 summary posted on naver :aww: :
    https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?blogId=wldms3040&logNo=222958925235&navType=by

It seems that Anastasius took a blow to his royal pride during that battle at the auditorium. But again: Rozemyne told him to pray. but he'd rather support his brother and stay below. It's because the royal family developed the bad habit of choosing someone, even if unsuited, and making the surroundings match instead of competing to become the best suited for the role. Even then, you never know when the situation might be thrown into chaos and something happened to the chosen person. For the good of Yurgenshmidt, it would be good to have spare candidates available.

Just a note about the current debate on Ferdinand's mana level:
    Sure, Gervasio definitely had more mana when they were kids. Or their positions would have been reversed. But later? In drama CD 7 that I'm currently translating, Airvemeen talks about Ferdinand's "kyoudai na maryoku" 強大な魔力 from when he smashed it into the magic circle and forcefully activated it to get to the garden of beginnings when he was a student, meaning his mana is powerful/that he has a lot of it. So, how much mana do you think is required for a (ok, former) god to use such an adjective and for someone to forcefully activate this magic circle? And that was when he was still a student... Now I'll let you ponder those questions.

Now, about Ferdinand... he's negative, he's lived all his life being suppressed and made to act only within a certain 'frame'. Starting with his horrible childhood, then be that Sylvester's crutch while persecuted by Veronica and her faction... all for the sake of 'Ehrenfest'. He's like a bird with stunted wings that must not... that is not allowed to outgrow his cage. So he's skilled in 'navigating' within frames. Just to survive, he needed to be useful to someone, and for that, he needed power, be that in the form of mana, or intelligence. His true abilities are nothing like that, but his mind has already set on the 'staying within the frame' mode. Still, due to his personality, he always thinks of ways to win within the frame and have things go the way he wants, hence all his devious plots and extreme cautiousness. Until Rozemyne cracks that frame more and more... and actually made him want to fly out. She was the one who taught him that it was alright to be greedy, to think of himself, and to do as he wished.......
    That said, he'll still do his best to do as Rozemyne wishes...:blob_tilt: Well, they do need and have affection for each other. However, he must share Rozemyne's affections with 'Books', 'family', and 'friends'. On the other hand, what does Ferdinand like besides 'Rozemyne (and her family)' and 'research'? In syosetsu's SS page, we have a rozemyne SS taking place in the Hannelore spin-off, we see a Ferdinand somewhat jealous of Hannelore, or last, wanting to take priority over her. He seems hard at work to increase his ranking in her heart.

In any case, it's different for those who were given 'value' simply for existing, either by their family, or others, like the princes, Wilfried, or even Sylvester, or Gervasio who had what I'd call "high base stats", they grew up being made to believe 'I have more value than others, I am already better, so I don't need to make efforts to prove myself' more or less consciously, which made them careless and selfish. They simply rested on their laurels.

It certainly IS fun... just add Clarissa to the group. Who knows, some underground deals might even be made. "We'll let you have some pictures of Rozemyne, in exchange do us some favors, okay, future Aub Dunkelfelger?" :blob3cevil: Those meetings should definitely be a secret from Rozemyne though, or she'd die of embarrassment. Still, for Wilma to say Hartmut is so kind and considerate (Philine also used to say this)... I wonder what she would say if she saw Hartmut threatening the blue priest or knew all the dark things he'd done. Would she just say "It can't be helped, it's to protect the Saint of Ehrenfest :blobangel::blobpensivepray:" ?

Also, I was wondering, is there no bonus manga in P5 V10 ? I haven't seen any in the images posted by saix2 or in the AoB wikia. :blob_tilt:

14. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    @YumenoJigen
    FB_IMG_1671421407645.jpg FB_IMG_1671421411155.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  15. ichigofanz

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you clarify which one? Since neither Japanese nor English is my first language, I may make a mistake or incorrect assumptions.

Yeah, Ferdinand is aptly described by Prof Gundolf as "the lonely genius created by overwhelming misfortune" He thought Gervastio has higher mana than him, in fact Gervastio is chosen fir his high mana even before Ferdinand mana was measured, so, who knows what will happen if they're born in the same year. Ferdinand is just negative like that.

LoL, when Rozemyne cast Schlatrum blessing for good dreams, Ferdinand refuse to answer Rozemyne question about his dreams and when Rozemyne tells him her good dreams is dreams of reading, it seemed that Ferdinand is unhappy that he's not in her good dreams. I agree that he works hard to rank higher in Rozemyne's priority list. He already tasted what it's like to be prioritized above anything else, and I think he'll do anything to stay high in Rozemyne priority list. This is what I mean that he's obsessed/possessive of her.

Thank you for sharing the bonus manga @saix2 :aww::aww:
    It's so funny knowing Hartmut is aware that he's borderline crazily obsessed with Rozemyne, but keep doing it anyway :blobjoy:

16. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    @saix2 I love you! :blobkiss: I'll get to translating it as well when I have a bit more time.

Just because you're aware of something doesn't mean you can do something about it. Just like it's pointless to expect restraint from Rozemyne when it comes to books and libaries, it's pointless to expect restraint from Hartmut when it comes to Rozemyne. They need to be restrained by others.... literally in this case.

Nabeyaki Udon, teal08 and saix2 like this.
  17. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Merry Christmas to everyone. If you all dont know yet, A new Fran Ss was uploaded this week on the Narou Storage Ss. Cornelius Bonus PoV can be mtled from our fave korean blogger - my copy is still on port customs :'( . Fb7 Lestilaut Ss has been circling sometime now on some groups ( I already saw 3 versions of different laguages) and all I can say is I still don't like Kentrips, I think I like Lazantark becoz of that Ss.

Bookwalker Global Ranking has AoB in 4th place 2022. I remember before its 2nd Place shy away from BL audio manga (forgot what year). Thats good news for publishers as it ends its jp run next year. Lets keep supporting by buying the digital version if paper version is restricted on your area.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  18. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    Merry Christmas
    Here's my gift to you:
    [​IMG]

After rereading the LN... I just can't help but make that face :meowgrin: when I see Rozemyne saying "Someone save Ferdinand!" when he kept saying he was used to being disliked or that he couldn't marry anyone in Ehrenfest because of the gap in mana capacity, or when she thought "I'm glad I'm not the one one marrying him!" when it comes to be to his standards in embroidering the cape and whatnot. Guess you could say she was the one who first stepped up to the task (when it comes to saving him). Then to save her as well and make her happy, he's the one who had to step up too (to become her family, and husband). It had to be him, for many reasons. And now she's the one who must live up to his standards.... although actually, just her being so thoughtful of him already makes him happy... so yeah... :meowgrin: Isn't it like he's trying to make her as happy as she's making him happy? Can we expect a 5-fold return?
    That said, he isn't the type to be lax either when ensuring his benefits, that is in this particular case to become one of her topmost priorities and erase every hindrance... I'm sure he already understands that the more he cares about her, the more she will care for him in turn.

The Cornelius 5-10 SS... I know I said it many times for his various SS, but hang in there! As her brother, and as their collegues! Even if trouble and worshippers increase with time, at least you've now got a wonderful fiancée supporting you! (from what I understand from naver lol) Still, when Matthias and Laurentz started being converted and being aware/composed about it and seeing themselves objectively, I was like: Hmm... interesting.... it will be fun if they stay like this, but I wonder what will happen when the goddess/gods mana will disappear.... :hmm:

And it's good Lestilaut realized that both Hannelore and Rozemyne are not that soft and can properly fight for what's important to them. They're not just meek little girls entirely at the mercy of their surroundings and in need of protection.

Things I'm really, really hoping to read is (former) Ahrensbach nobles' reaction to their brand new Aub couple and/or maybe some commoner POV. Like when Rozemyne's personel and retainers arrive in Alexandria, and they recall the battle and all the changes happening since Rozemyne became Aub, like the duchy-scale ritual and hopes and expectations for the futures or something. There might be some hope for 5-11 and 5-12, right? Plus, of course, more FerdinandxRozemyne, their engaged/married life...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    Nabeyaki Udon, saix2 and Jukki like this.
  19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    the picture ain't showy

20. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it from YumenoJigen? It's showing fine on my mobile browser..