Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm.. I have impression that he doesn't love Karin, it's just she's reminded a bit of Liz.. that's it! :hmm:

2. YumenoJigen

YumenoJigen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be of the exact same opinion but the heated gaze Tuuli talks about made me change my mind and believe it goes deeper than that. It might not be exactly 'love', but I feel she's definitely something more to him... If it was just a reminder of Liz, I think there'd be more.... distance? nostalgia? I can't seem to find the right words and explain it well... Basically, it'd be different lol. Well, that's just my personal impression.

Anyway, let's put heartbreak aside and celebrate this valentine day with these two:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Whether they have romantic feelings or not lol.

kiara8 and teal08 like this.
  3. Swissachocolate

Swissachocolate Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That coloured figure looks amazing, I have a few figures for wargaming but none from series, I'm guessing you can only buy them in Japan?

A few more questions; is the size of Lazenave (the foundation) ever stated? I imagine it's the size of a Duchy, though I am confused about the whole "deal" Lazenave makes with Yurgenshmidt, I can understand wanting children from outside your family, but why do they need a schtappe? We see Rozemyne, Wilfred and Charlotte pour mana into the foundation via a conduit by only touching a Carpet (can't remember the hidden rooms name) am I missing something?

Also is it ever stated why the God of life is so wrathful and jealous? I know the story goes he froze his wife in ice due to their unborn child -assuming this would be Mestionora Goddess of Wisdom- but wondering why he also hates the nobility? Are they related to the goddess of the Earth since mothers pour mana into their unborn children?

4. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    No definite answer yet. All we know all this chaos happening to the 2nd main family of Gods is becoz of Chaos Goddess and intervention of Light Goddess about their marriage (as I said before the child should leave her family to make a new family). And take note Mestionora (the favorite) is not the only child, the ancient ancestors of the current nobles and other species (feyplants/feybeast) are also theirs. My speculation is becoz of the circle of life (recycle/reincarnation duty of God of Life). And besides Goddess of Earth and God of Life coming back together after the cycle is part of marriage.

5. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I saw some people replied on sensei's twitter post on how to order internationally, you could check it out :blobwink:
    + • + • + • + • + • + • + • + • + • +
    There's a Valentine's Day:blobgift: what if story from sensei, feel free to check out! :meowinlove:
    I'll be posting the whole after sensei updates her activity report on Sunday (maybe there's additional words from sensei)
    https://mobile.twitter.com/miyakazuki01/status/1625334701694283779

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    Swissachocolate likes this.
  6. Callumcortes

Callumcortes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the webnovel via mtl even though it's burn my brain, I just couldn't wait.
    When they're engaged Ferdinand said, "My Goddess of Light, incarnation of the Goddess of Wisdom who brought grundrissheit to Jurgenschmidt. The all-consuming darkness was endless and unending" I don't know if the mtl ruin it but I couldn't understand what it mean, anyone know what Ferdinand mean?

7. Swissachocolate

Swissachocolate Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's great thanks! I found alternatives however the figure is smaller on the other sites that are more local, how strange. Will definitely get it if I can.

Obviously this is just my perspective, but here is the meaning.
    This means someone you care for, someone important and that you care for, it's a euphemism of the relationship the God of Darkness has when he finds and marries the Goddess of Light.
    I could be wrong so take a grain with salt; Mestionora the Goddess of Wisdom used Rozemyne as a Avatar or Catalyst for her to descend and resolve the issues with the succession, this is a reference to that, it also helps that Rozemyne looks identical to Mestionora and has a love of books.
    Grundrissheit is the magical tool used to control Yurgenschmidt, i.e it's Ducal borders and such, the Grundrissheit is a transcribed version of Mestionora's Bible, which the first king of Yurgenschmidt transcribed, since then, all holy bibles have been a version of Mestionora's bible passed down when Arch-Duke candidates where eligible to become Zent. Rozemyne bringing Grundrissheit means she transcribed Mestionora's Bible like the Zent-Canditates from the olden days.
    This again refers to the God of Darkness before he married, the creation story tells how he wandered the darkness sad and alone until he met the Goddess of Light, in this case Ferdinand is reffering to himself as the God of Darkness -not literally- being alone, hopeless, dejected, in pain with no end etc until he was re-united with Rozemyne.

Hopefully this is accurate, if not hopefully someone will correct me.

8. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it is also worth noting that, traditionally, all "main couples", by that I mean (future) husband/first wife compare each other and are compared to god of darkness and goddess of light. Clarissa and Hartmut did so at the gazebo in her SS 'speaking at the gazebo' p4 v7, Ferdinand and Detlinde did the same during their engagement ceremony at Ehrenfest. It is also the case when a female aub marries.

Second/third wives, cannot be compared to the goddess of light. They're usually compared to a minor subordinate. However, Sylvester compared Brunhilde to the goddess of water who supports the goddess of light and heals the goddess of earth, meaning he has a high opinion of her.... According to Ottilie. The goddess of earth, Gedrulich, is also used to symbolise the land, the duchy. So Brunhilde will support Florencia, the goddess of light, and heal and replenish Ehrenfest.
    That said, Ferdinand compared Rozemyne to ALL the main goddesses. You could say he proclaimed that he doesn't need any other woman, he is entirely devoted to her, and he will never take any other wife or concubine. She's everything to him.
    I also thought he was overdoing it for the sake of socializing and wanting to have 'materials' to prevent being offered women but he was actually serious, which made me happy.
    The goddess of light was already mentioned in the post above. You could really say that when he was despairing and withering away in Ahrensbach, Rozemyne's letters and packages were his sole ray of light.
    Like Flutrane, the goddess of water, she brought change and healing. He changed much under her influence without forgetting her novel (absurd? nonsensical?) ideas, actions, thinking process. Her genuine care for him also healed his wounds. Well, she did cause him lots of headaches too but let's put that aside.
    Like Shutzaria, the goddess of wind, she shielded him from others who wanted to exploit him, like the royal family (or even Sylvester, lol)
    Like Gedrulich still loved and accepted Ewigeliebe, Rozemyne accepted Ferdinand's heavy and dark past, secrets, and his somewhat dark and harsh personality too (to speak nicely).

Well, it seems that unlike normal women, female aubs are allowed to have more than one husband, but I don't see Ferdinand ever allowing something like that.

I personally have more trouble deciphering Rozemyne's speech. When I first read it, I couldn't make head or tails of anything, although it's better now. The goddess of thunder heralds the melting of the snow and the start of spring, then we have Bluanfa, the goddess of sprouts, that symbolizes budding love/romance that grew and became stronger thanks to Leidenshaft. I think I got it until that point. But I always tilt my head in confusion and go Angelica-like when the god of darkness spreads his sleeve/cape. The heck does that mean? Is it simply 'mariage' when he wraps the goddess of light? Or is like 'I will protect you' or something?

teal08, Callumcortes and saix2 like this.
  9. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember about the cape, but it was a modern (trend) thing for them. Like kissing behind the cape thingy in Elvira's novels.

10. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    A modern thing... I wonder if there used to be a biblical meaning as well.... Anyway now that we're talking about that engagement, there was another thing I didn't understand, when Ferdinand said he failed at something, and forbid Rozemyne from asking what. But do you know what he failed at? Did I overlook something?

11. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Biblical meaning I haven't spot anything yet or maybe I forgot, if there is an equivalent. the earlier folks here tell us snusnu/pda, just like how God of Life filled Goddes Earth in white (cum).

I don't know what he failed. Making her cry I guess? Since he dont know the concept of tears of joy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  12. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm.... back in part 2 Myne cried when she was happy that Lutz's problem with his family was resolved and she told Ferdinand those were happy tears. So he technically should have known. He has such good memory after all. And she cried again in part 3 when he offered her a hairpin her downtown family had made for her baptism as a noble. He had given her the hairpin believing it'd make her happy but it made her cry so he comforted her but didn't want to offer her such things anymore since he didn't want her to cry on him again. She insisted she was happy had warned him to give her such things in advance as it'd make her emotional so maybe it's related to that. He certainly should have known she'd get emotional again if he carved those words. Unless he really did forget the concept of 'tears of joy'... :blob_tilt: It'd be nice if that part was expanded or we had a SS from Ferdinand's POV including that, or someone asks the question on twitter...

And about Ferdinand's handkerchief, the one embroidered with his name he used to wipe Myne's tears after that meeting with Lutz's family, I forgot what was said about it, do you remember where it came from? I think it was about the theory that it was linked to the time travel, future (Roze)myne going back to the past...

saix2 likes this.
  13. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    well he hasnt cried tears of joy himself so maybe, he don't believe about the concept yet? My bet it will be the twitter spill of him as first time parent. Let's see if he cry.

14. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    The only time we saw him cry was when he had looked into Myne's memories to determine if she was a threat or not, and that wasn't due to his own feelings but Myne's, because he had overly synchronized with her, so that doesn't count in my book. I certainly want to know what it takes to make him cry, out of sadness and happiness alike.

teal08 likes this.
  15. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it means he shouldn't do that action in front of the audience.. (and on such an important event even more, lols) in which he typically does 'sweet/affectionate' things to her accidentally or sometimes nonchalantly in front of only his & her aides or only by himself.

I think it's because he's full of love for Rozemyne now that he would automatically wipes her tears since he don't want to see her cry.. (forgetting he's in public and the center of attention) unfortunately, he's too late to realize that they're in front of people and it will hype them even more and tease them for it later on :blobpopcorn: (since he knows that covering her with his sleeves have some meaning attached to that particular action).:blobjoy: Hence, Elvira's waving her wand crazily :shiblobmelt:

- • + • - • + • - • + • - • + • - • + • - • + • -

Author's activity report 2-12-23 (mtl)

SS storage space update

Part 5 Ⅹ Extra story Stars in the night sky
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7835cj/52/

I have just discovered it, so I will give it to you.
    It is a part that somehow came to me when I was writing Part V X "The House of Lords at Night," but I cut it out because it was too verbose and drinking.
    It is a short episode of about 1200 words, but if you want to read it, please do so.

- • + • - • + • - • + • - • + • -

Valentine's Day twitter post (latest revised from sensei mtl version, as promised) Enjoy! :blobgift:

note: Giri-choco means obligatory chocolate, mostly giving it to friends (as thanks or for appreciation or for the fun of the event) unlike the counterpart Honmei-choco which gives to the one you love.

Valentine's Day Summary

What if Jürgenschmidt had a Valentine? When I thought of ......, I thought of the Valentine pattern of Rosemine's female entourage.

It is an *if story and has nothing to do with the main story, and there are no valentines or chocolates in Jurgenschmidt.
    Please take this into consideration and only if you enjoy it.

Yudit
    I want to be a part of a fun event, and I want to make a lot of noise with everyone, but unfortunately I don't have anyone to give it to.
    We want to have a good time, but unfortunately, we don't have anyone to give it to.
    Why don't we all give our male entourages a little chocolate?"

Lieselator
    I don't have a specific partner, but I like baking, so Valentine's Day is a good time for me to make a lot of handmade chocolate treats.
    Chocolates for the male members of the entourage?(I think it's a good place to distribute them). It makes my arms sing. Why don't you make them with me?"

Brunnhilde
    I spend money on my fiancée and friends' chocolates, but I have no interest in handmade chocolates or giri-chocolates.
    I'm not particularly interested in making them, but the leiselator is. I'm not particularly interested in them, and why not just give them the ones made by Lieselator in joint names?"

Bertilde
    Since they are sisters, they are strongly influenced by Brünnhilde.
    She thinks Valentine's Day is an event to find good chocolates and eat them with friends.
    She says, "I bought some delicious chocolates with my sister. Let's eat it together. I'll make you a nice cup of tea too."

Leonore
    I don't have anything in my mind except my true love, and I prepare several chocolates just for him.
    I usually research what kind of chocolates he likes.
    I am always thinking, "I was delighted with the handmade ones I made last year, and I guess they are still handmade. Or would it be better to buy Tanier-flavored chocolates?"

Clarissa
    I will spare no expense or time and effort for my true love.
    I don't have anything to spend on my obligation because I put all my energy into my true love.
    I have two handmade chocolates for my true love that I put a lot of effort into.
    Eh? Of course there is one for Hartmut, but isn't it only natural that he should give the more luxurious one to Mr. Rosemine?"

Philine
    I'll do my best to prepare real chocolates. Because that's what Valentine's Day is for.
    I want to give it to Dahmuel handmade. Lieselator, please teach me how to make it!"

*Unfortunately, because I made it together with Lieselator, it looks similar to a step-by-step chocolate, and the other person doesn't think it's a true love's chocolate, so it ends up being a dud.

Muriela
    I love sweet sweets. She scrambles all over the place to buy chocolates for herself, checking out new releases and famous places in advance.
    She loves sweets that are pretty, beautiful, and delicious.
    Chocolates for the male members of the entourage? If I had that kind of money to spare, I would buy another one for myself!"

Angelica
    Since it is an event that has nothing to do with me at all, on the day of the event I would say, "Oh, by the way, there is such a day, isn't there?
    I would be happy if I could get one for myself, but I am not interested in giving one.
    I have no interest in giving chocolates to the male members of the ...... entourage. I am not interested in giving it to them. I wish I had been born a gentleman."

Gratia
    It's just a depressing event with men who flicker and appeal for giri chocolates days in advance.
    I wish Valentine's Day would die.
    I don't want to force others to have "giri-choco", right? I don't participate.

I'm not a member of the entourage, so I'm an outsider.
    Rosemine
    We have no hesitation in distributing "giri-chocolates" for the purpose of receiving a nice return.
    We can't choose any means to get a nice return.
    Yes, it's giri chocolates. You can return it to me with a book. I'm looking forward to it.

The pressure of her smile is strong, as if she is in the midst of maxing out her expectations. Laughter.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  16. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, that's certainly another interesting interpretation. He's always been weak to Rozemyne's tears. And he can be quite shy. His deliberate shows of affection are nonchalant because if they were something else she'd react and he'd be all embarrassed about it, which would force him to try and find some excuse, or blame her. So maybe accidental sweetness is best? There are times when he notices and others when he doesn't though. I mean he's just giving her simple health checks and yet there were such reactions from Wilfried, Fraularm. They must be unconsciously exuding sweetness, concern, and affection from even their smallest gestures. Those around them notice, but what to do or say when the two in question are not even aware that their care for each other is overflowing?

And there was more sweetness in that 5-10 extra....

Jukki, saix2 and teal08 like this.
  17. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's it!! You've explained it exactly! :meowpuffyblush:
    He forgot it's done on a very important public event (that centered around both of them) and he just hurriedly try to dismiss it after realizing it at the same time of spouting the words 'I failed' :blob_blush:

That extra story was right for the Valentine's month, it's also sweet :bloblove:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  18. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    5-10 extra was too short in rom-content, expanded a little for a warning. Thats my understanding of it. Another tip of the iceberg.

teal08 likes this.
  19. Tiilka

Tiilka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But I don’t think jurgenshmidt has chocolate! I think I remember her mentioning once early on that it wasn’t known and Surely Rozemyne would be using it in desserts as soon as she found it.
    Ferdinand checks her temperature by cupping her cheek/neck- that can be considered an intimate gesture. And the whole time you know she is smiling at him trustingly so… yeah it’s a “squee” moment.
    He brought up his sleeve to protect her image and forgot that romance books use it to hide stolen kisses! Mwah ha ha!

teal08 and YumenoJigen like this.
  20. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    New Book Bundle + Drama Cd 9 new Ss coming soon
    [Book benefits]
    TO Books Online Store & bookstore support bookstore limited benefits ・ Newly written SS
    Adolphine perspective “Pray to the goddess of farewell”

[Drama CD benefits]
    Jilvester perspective “Headache request and report”

item1.png

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    kiara8, tom22, teal08 and 4 others like this.