About Dragon Chain Ori...

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dr_H_16, Jun 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Full title is Ryuu Kusari no Ori -Kokoro no Uchi no “Kokoro”-
    I'm not going to provide the English title since that title somehow more confusing than the japanese's title.
    Firstly, I apologize to the translator.

So... what is it with the translation?
    Is it MTL, and if so, why did there's no warning?

By the way, I'm asking this since I feel it's obviously MTL but somehow there's many people who seems to not have any problem with it.
    Also, maybe this come because I had only been reading official translation for the last few months so I quickly realize when a translation is.. not good.
    Again, I apologize but I need to know if this is truly MTL or not and as well as checking if I can keep reading fan-translation in the future...

(Note: I am still in Ch 1 part 7 or 8, so I don't know if the translation get better later on... or not)

2. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It tried to MTL it a few months ago and the translation is better than that.

3. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation become better at twhich chapter?

4. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just meant that it was better than reading the strait google MtL. the sentence structure was better that what google was doing.
    It still has its draw backs. In Japanese who’s talking isn’t written. The author just expects you to know. The translated version still has this problem. Most translators do there utmost to label who’s talking. They also give notes when they aren’t sure who said something. This translation leaves it all up to the reader. It is very difficult to read it that way when one is not used to it.
    I did enjoy the story. I hope that the translator gets better, or something else happens that will let more people enjoy this story.
    I would like to say that I tried my hand at mtl assisted translating after I book I loved was dropped. It was painfully difficult. The 10 missing chapters about killed me. So I’d like to show my appreciation for anyone willing to do it and stick with it long enough to become proficient.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  5. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    I see.
    I can get behind that but... I just read the manga and, to be honest, the story in the manga seems to be better presented/ordered.
    I will put off from reading the WN since it seems that it is actually a rough draft.
    I will wait for the LN to be officially translated.
    Meanwhile, I will follow the manga.
    Thanks for the answer.