Question About Monarch of Evernight

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Wakashii, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I stopped reading MoE around 1k chapters and I'm thinking of reading again.

What I want to know is: will the MC stop being Empire's b*tch? and will he stop following his friend blindly?

2. sorenman1

sorenman1 The Forgotten Engineer of Legends

Reading List:
    Link
    Last I check he still helps the Empire even though he has his own kingdom of werewolves and humans to worry about he still puts the Empire's troubles on his plate to help resolve and he does still follow his friend (to the point that he doesn't even realized his friend pimped him (plant his seeds) out to get benefits from important families).

Reack and Wakashii like this.
  3. Wakashii

Reading List:
    Link
    urgh, thank you, prob not gonna read after this...

4. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes no sense ( not you but the MoE ) his wife got captured and tortured and still he works for them. What a guy. I guess this is the strength of nationalism

Before the saying was Bro's before hos.
    Now in these novels it is Patriotism over love

Wakashii, sorenman1 and Reack like this.
  5. sorenman1

Reading List:
    Link
    it was when his friend and those two girls had him reversed rape so the girls can carry his children as their families needed a powerful heirs to keep their families in power and his seed can develop children with incredible constitutions. I hate how they twisted it around where he thinks he got drunk and rape them when it was the fault of their planning and the girls forcing him to take a aphrodisiac wine (the girls were completely aware of what it would do and they wanted him to ravage nor did they resist (well one of them the other just did it from pressure from her family and wanted to commit suicide for losing her virginity in a messed up way but the Empress prevented her and as a result, she hates her child.))plus where they were in the dimension they were in is some kind of sex paradise where it compelled creatures to copulate at night and boost their chances of getting pregnant. Thats when i felt his friend took it too far. He only sold out (pimped) his friend out because he got a lot of benefits out of it and also he wanted the main character to leave Nighteye as he fears for his friend's future. Plus by entangling him with these other families he'll have connections, and protection. As terrible as that is and it is, at least some good came out of it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Wakashii likes this.
  6. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I prefer Harem as a Tag but this one was messed up though his friend protected him

You can see in all nationalist novels ( if you understand which country I am talking about ) the enemy here is the Vampires . Though the MC still accepts it much later but he still helps the Empire and the most ironic part is that though he knows that he might get caught and killed but he still wants to help. Initially when we started I though that he would remain Human and then fight the Vampires (According to me that would make more sense )

Nowcoming to Nighteye. This lady protected him at almost all times regardless of opppostion but his friend thought she was bad. That was when I doubted that is this what defines a friend? and as a wife NIghteye actions are much more understandable and logical compared to MC's

Now the other part is his Stepmom or Aunt used his Talent to make her daughter better and the worst part is that he accepts it just because she mad him a weapon that was usable only till a point.

Now the girls they are probably most stupid as the author just had him because they want heirs. What a bunch of strange girls!?

I guess the friend wanted his own interests but that was a major plot hole the author made and then he tried to cover it up with a adopted daughter to make them closer.

Wakashii and sorenman1 like this.
  7. DreadOrigin

DreadOrigin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah as much as this writer gets praised it is increasingly obvious he can only handle so many characters and will ruin any form of romance he comes in contact with. He had some good moments.

Just read the wiki for volume 9 i think. I also just reached chapter 1060 and decided the author will not redeem the author. MC will be the empires bitch and that's part of his character. He doesn't even deserve Nighteye in my eyes he is better off simping from a distance because he can't take destiny in his own hands. Honestly it's more like he is song zinings bitch ultimately he is part of SZN's harem and so he ultimately acts like all the other girls Song Zining comes in contact with by doing his bidding. He does even better, he never questions what the outcome will look like. This story was really intriguing but it killed my motivation after 100's of chapters. I should have left it dropped the first time I stopped around the early 300's or even after the yellow spring pedo rape orgy. I was foolish and blinded and was truly excited by the eloping and the neutral lands development but obviously that whole development was just a sham, a childs dream.

Swift Gull and Wakashii like this.
  8. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im impressed you made it to 1k chapters. I ditched the novel at 600 cuz it was just that broken bad. Idk why the author decided to turn the setting into an illogical dumpsterfire.

DreadOrigin and Wakashii like this.
  9. Wakashii

Reading List:
    Link
    I have almost no novels that I like to read. It's was more like reading because I didn't have anything better to read. It's hard to find good novels without hypocrisies and harem while having good fights. MoE had a good start, so, I was really hopeful that it would become better.

DreadOrigin and Feng Tian like this.
  10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This author has a habit of starting strong and then goofing it up.

DreadOrigin and Wakashii like this.
  11. sorenman1

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese novels in a nutshell, there was only one that somehow got past the 'complete patriotism and loyalty to China, (clan/empire,etc) all other countries are savages and must be enslaved or genocide' trope but it was the only one before QI killed it when they got their hands on it.

Swift Gull likes this.
  12. DreadOrigin

DreadOrigin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is nothing worse than reading something that starts with promise and can't finish all the way through. Tales of Demons and Gods all over again. I would say MEN is better written though but the idea of sucking midway is what I'm referring to. So disappointing glad I can vent a bit