Discussion About ps4 DLC and season pass

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by xconan25x, Jan 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xconan25x

xconan25x Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Im new user of ps4 and I bought my 1st game ACorigin ps4(disc) this november.
    I hooked up on the game for quite a while and I invest my time and effort and of course waiting for upcoming events like trial of gods and so on.

Now this January 16, 2018 I decided to buy the season pass through psn store because I enjoy the game but I shock after I download the content of season pass like horus pack and others, it is said waiting to install but when I select install the following message says game is uninstalled and lead me to psn store to buy ac origin which I already have and installed on my PS4.

I do some research and I found out that the DLC and ads on that you buy on psn store are region lock and my AC Origin ps4(disc) is asian region and my account is us account.

I wasted my $40 to buy it and I even call customer service and even live chat but they said that I cant refund my money because of terms and agreement policy.

A little bit regret come to my mind when I think of it but thats the life gotta move on and lesson learned, maybe I stop gaming for a while and focus on work.

For those who read this any tips and solution about region lock dlc and ads on.
    Thats all guys wanna share my experience and want to know what you guys think about this.

2. yakuzapandaz

yakuzapandaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cry in corner is my advice
    Can't do anything about it

naghi32 and Suijin like this.
  3. Nevermind

Nevermind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No real solution. All DLC and such are region locked and thus not compatible with discs from another regions. There is no workaroud for this problem as far as I know.
    Well, other than buying the region specific disk or a game from the digital store.

4. Nefariousgale

Nefariousgale Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have 1 major problem and another minor problem, solve'em both and your gaming days will improve by 200% minimum.
    1(Major problem). Your playing on a ps4 instead of a computer.
    2(Minor problem). If you have to play on console why bother buying disc's just go straight digital download.

5. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why you leave your PS4 and convert to the PC Master Race.

No matter what, Valve (Steam) has your back for shit like that.

6. Prime43

Prime43 Member of the Polygamy Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    u can always ask for a refund. sony are really fast on this

7. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does ps4 allow you to buy a game you allready own? pretty sure they dont. check your account to see if it said you bought both

8. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think refund works with dlc since dlcs are usually really short. everyone would just abuse that if they allow refund

9. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

don't think i've ever run into that region crap on the PC, unless i'm on an emulator. they really just need to stop censoring and altering games in the first place. only thing the regions should be used for is language data and online match-making

wtfkjp likes this.
  10. Prime43

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe but at least he can try if he didnt use it

11. xconan25x

Reading List:
    Link
    -My computer is for work only and I dont think it can handle sort of gaming and I play game during my day off only to relieve some stress.
    -I dont like to buy on digital, Im a bit old school you know and I like to see and touch what game I buy. And digital game is account bind so worst case scenario if my account is hack or forgot password I lost all the game I buy.

And I have a deep sentimental value about the things I buy.
    If I dont use the console I clean it and kept it like my old console ps1, ps2 and ps3. I still got the disc on them tidy up on my basement.

Anyway thanks for advise.

LordCorwin likes this.
  12. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have gotten refunds from Sony before by calling them (I bought a game for Ps3 instead of Vita by accident) but I don't know how it works for DLC or Seasons passes.

13. xconan25x

Reading List:
    Link
    I already check like I said sony gave me a reply that the dlc season pass isnt compatible with my acorigin ps4 asean region disc. I still need to get ac origin us version of it.

14. xconan25x

Reading List:
    Link
    Sony said to me that I already downloaded the season pass content and theres no way to refund It because they see in their record that I already download it. And the only way is to have a copy of acorigin us version digital or disc because mine is asean copy.

15. readergod

readergod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why you should be informed about such things before you spend money. This is indeed a good lesson for you, and I'm sure there are some people here who learned something today.

16. Prime43

Reading List:
    Link
    the real error is more : why did u buy the asian version?
    i would understand if the game was japan only but the game is also available in english

17. xconan25x

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I travel on singapore the console is cheap and it give a free game so I give it a go.

18. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Step 1 ) Get a vr device, htc vive, oculus, whatever ...
    Step 2 ) Get a vr girlfriend
    Step 3 ) Success ^_^

Step 4) You can`t do nothing except buying the game again!
    Step 5) Realize that your vr girlfriend is actually a trap !

19. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the fact that we consumers have allowed sony and such to region lock things like DLC is the real problem here. what does it matter where you buy the game or the DLC?

20. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    Contact customer service, tell them that you mistakenly purchased the DLC, believing that it was applicable to your version of the game. Let them know that you would like to refund the purchase or exchange it for the [Insert Region Here] version, if possible. In my experience, they're usually pretty understanding if you explain that it was a mistake and you haven't used the product. Even if they cannot return your money, they may refund amount to your account to use on something else.