News About Qidian International Project

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AggressivePacifist

AggressivePacifist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The profile says last active "Today at 4:18 PM" (UTC I think) and he's been answering profile posts, so he's still reading.

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on what translators have said so far. its either sign up with qidian or be forced to drop it

udonsage and Mael like this.
  3. 31russ

31russ readitt.com

Reading List:
    Link
    Why so many questions? I bet that nothing is set yet and everything is still in discussion process. So instead of giving answers that later might change do to different reasons it's better to keep quite for now. Wait and you will know everything.

4. GinMagi

GinMagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian Will you also be including racist novels in Qidian International such as "Other Worldly Evil Monarch", "Returning from the Immortal World" and "Very Pure and Ambiguous", in these novels, there are usually attacks against the Japanese people. I have seen more novels such as these that Qidian has published on their website.

5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they censor the books? if people don't want to read them they do not have to.

And who gets to decide which books are ok and which are not? Censorship never stops at the reasonable either, once it starts it goes out of control

There is a reason why Amazon sells mein kampf by adolf hitler.

MuscleSpark likes this.
  6. xViper

xViper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because Mein Kampf is pretty interesting, you get to look into what kind of mindset this psychopath had.
    But novels that are pure racism/discrimination, these novels should just be postponed and given to tls that have nothing else to do

7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And who gets to decide what is "interesting" and what is "subversive anti party PR"?
    Or, Qidian can tell SJW to fuck themselves and just translate whatever is popular and thus most money making for them

MuscleSpark and swordman009 like this.
  8. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian International(Tencent) has the money to invest in this project. They probably estimated that they would make a profit after all is said and done.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This won't work because you need to actually have something translated in the first place in order to acquire readers.

what they do is they use their judgement as well as available info (popularity of fan translation, popularity in china) to make a short run, and translate more based on how much money it brings in. Just like every TV show / anime / manga / etc

Serialization starts with a small investment and future investments depends on it actually being successful

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly that is why Crunchyroll and viki model works, they do not license at the beginning,just make as much money as possible and use it to gain licenses and investors since they have a track record of profits

mrttao likes this.
  11. lynette

lynette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about those novels signed with Chuangshi or Yunqi? I see that the three websites shared copywrights of almost whole libary, could their novels be translated on Qidian_Int?

12. Lord Sith Lego

Lord Sith Lego Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I really got into CN novels because there was no copyright BS drama like with JP stuff. I'm on the fence about this new site as it has pros and cons. Like some people pointed out I prefer a netflix model if I'm required to pay for content otherwise I will drop stories if it ain't free.

13. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets say everything goes well, and in the end they do have some sort of pay wall.

You do realize the amount of words/chapters you would pay for is less than if you went to buy $3-5 ebooks from amazon right? I mean most series if you pay upwards to $50 you basically getting anywhere between 10-15 books worth of content compared to maybe 6-9 you would from buying a series from Amazon.

Nothing is free in this world really. And honestly you end up supporting the writers directly and translators even so its technically a good thing.

Plus I wouldn't worry about it too much since people aren't that dumb to see how the model is working overseas right now. They don't seem to be looking to make a quick buck, but actually build a long term platform.

14. Ciclonz

Ciclonz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, on which day of March Qidian will launch the novels to read?

@Qidian

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2017
  15. EroticEarwig

EroticEarwig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just hoping they roll out the site with a tsunami of releases! Start it off right.

16. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    They launched it today if you haven't heard about it yet, it's at https://www.webnovel.com/ you should also check https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltrans...special_announcement_by_qidian_international/, personally I love the endless scroll feature while reading, as it's the dream of every binge reader, I also like the vibrant colours, though I'd like to make a account in it to keep track of the novels on it

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far it looks like the books are free on the site.
    also they bought out the translations of various works. looks like they will be continuing 40k of cultivation where the last translator left off

18. Ciclonz

Ciclonz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this official web novels? And for free?! Sign me up! (hopefully they keep the NSFW stuff)

20. Xixi

Xixi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know how the contract for translators is like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.