Discussion about the ratings & reviews of Dragon blooded wargod

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SovereignSamiul, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keon

Keon Legend of Xingfeng TL

Reading List:
    Link
    Well according to 17.k this author is like one of the few rising stars. He is like earning big money through donations

2. Damion

Damion Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the top 10 rated novels on 17k?

3. AncientDaoist

AncientDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me begin with getting things clear.
    First,you're trying to portray escapist fantasies (as you label dbwg) as being part of an Adlerian power based psychodynamic. Second, because you've brought up the fundamental problem with the entire idea of literary criticism. You said that there are set criteria to evaluate novels. That's kind of not true.
    The criteria operate in ambiguities and are entirely dependent on the critical reader's own subjective response to text. Roland Barthes made that pretty clear in the 1960s.
    Besides which, the problem of the generic is a bit of a paradox, given that we want originality while looking for ways to fit things into genres preexistent. If something is good, people work with it. Mary Shelley when writing Frankenstein drew from the entire genre of the Gothic, romantic and preromantic modern novel, her book being well within the genre of Romanticism and the Gothic. She can be considered generic too. That's OK.

As for why I like this novel, I find the relationship between Lingxi and Long Chen to be interesting especially since she can probably kick his ass into the next week if she wants. Second, I like dragons. Third, I want to see where the story goes, simply because I can't see a direction or plot narrative that it is heading towards unlike a lot of novels where I can. What is Long Chen going to do? What are his motivations? I want to know. Puzzles intrigue me.

I'd rate dbwg a 2/5 though. Nothing deserves a 5/5....yet.

Jarrow and PotOfApples like this.
  4. Keon

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one are you referring to? The overall one, just for fantasy only, or top money received or there others

5. Damion

Damion Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxias like Atg, Mga, Tdg, etc....

6. Keon

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, the author for ATG is just like the English original authors. The ATG author posts his work at his own site or a specialized site for this novel
    Mga-I gotta check
    Tdg-it is runned by a different site and by the domain name. It's from Taiwan
    So basically you got see their site cuz even in china only they are a few giant sites for this

7. Damion

Damion Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I see....thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.