LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is Ye Qiuding's team so weak that, even when allied with the third strongest team in the One Star Hall, they still can't clear what should be a relatively low level faster than the MC's group?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda wonder why the four teams didn't team up to beat the traitor team. All 12 people working together would probably have been stronger than the six, even if half of them were from 2 Star Hall. If nothing else, they'd have an easier time tying enemies down until the two powerhouses could get to them. Heck, they might even have been able to shoot for level 41 with all the time and energy they'd save.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like 8th grade resonances are the minimum level for entry in this prelim tournament... I wonder if it'll be ninth grade at the main tournament.

I'm also curious how many purifying waters/lights he saved due to his recent training arc. It feels like it needs a reaction from his dealer house manager ;)

4. Pyronite

Pyronite New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the third resonance that li luo gets

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "If they couldn't even take the ticket match, then it was laughable to even think about the mission of getting the Dragon Bone Holy Grail." Wasn't winning the ticket match a pre-requisite of competing for the grail? The way this is written makes it sound like its not.

Why would the teachers have the loser present the trophy to the winner in front of their peers?

We don't know yet. I'm betting it'll either be another elemental duo, or that not-quite-a-duke level spirit beast he's got trapped at the moment. Regardless, it'll probably be a long time before we find out. I'm pretty sure he has to hit the next major realm first, and that's still a physical impossibility for him.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "In terms of facial aesthetics, charismatic persuasion and sexiness, factor in charm and mainstream appeal, and recalibrate for wit... I think Astral Sage College's One Star Hall representative stands an overwhelming chance to win." lol. He forgot to include humility ;)

"On the day you become stronger than me, we'll annul the engagement." I seem to recall the bar for that being lower in the past. Am I misremembering?

asampe_tae likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "According to the rules, the battles will be fought from highest to lowest." Why would you do that? That's the exact opposite of what any sensible event organizer would do. There's no sensible reason to do it that way if we ignore the meta reason that the MC's fight should come last so that the final victory of the entire school can rest on his shoulders as he wins his fight.

And, considering the format of the fight, that means that the entire school's hopes and prayers are always dumped on the shoulders of the youngest, least experienced students. How exactly does that make sense from either a teacher's perspective, or that of a school that actually wants to win?

8. Greyman

Greyman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The competition can be won with four victories, so this way ensures that the top rankers are fielded.

But, indeed, the seventh game is really only needed as a tie breaker. No pressure.

jacobpaige likes this.
  9. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    He's had such a disappointing year. There was the Umbral Cave disaster, then missing out on the Golden Dragon Dao Field trip, and now being outperformed in the ticket match, all the while watching Li Lou reap rewards and cultivation.

Well, no worries. His team's performance was still enough to make him one of the top two among the two star hall students...somehow... so he has a chance to turn his fortunes around.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “A loveless marriage is unfair to both Li Luo and you, Jiang Qing'e!" That's some top tier self-delusion right there...

11. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh. There is a certain willful denial to it, but well, her conclusion is somewhat supported by the evidence she's witnessed .

Jiang Qing'e is certainly caring towards Li Lui, but not exactly passionate. Definitely not in public, but even in private Jiang Qing'er is playing a little hard to get.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C413: "Show me your secret weapon. This level of testing is banal and boring," And giving your enemy a chance to charge up their secret weapon instead of ending them as quickly as possible is stupid, especially when the lives of your entire country are riding on the outcome of the duel.

C414: Yeah, I figured they'd merge their power in some way from the moment we were told there were two of them. I just thought I had to be wrong, because how could that possibly not be cheating? After all, its not like Li Luo's friends can throw attacks at his opponent from outside of the stage without being disqualified. What the brothers did was no different.

C415: "All nine resonant bubbles within him burst at once." He really needs to learn to pace himself.

What was the point in intentionally taking that blow?

C416: Ah, so it was a nonsense shounen reason.

C417: "Li Luo reacted with composure. Folding his five fingers into a fist, he attacked without any flashy moves. Just raw dual resonance power, exploding from his wrists as two faint halos of light." I was really hoping he's make a mirror, or do something else that required someone with a functioning brain to do it. If we're going to have an endless stream of tournaments, we could at least try to avoid the other worst cliches of shounen :/

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what kinds of mental gymnastics the author is going to have to do to make it so that the One Star Hall fights determine the victor at the main tournament, in spite of them being literally the worst fighters in the entire tournament.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like there's more empty and meaningless chapters lately. This last one was especially pointless as we learned absolutely nothing new. Honestly, if someone accidentally skipped it, I don't think they'd even notice.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "If you had a soaring reputation and a potion worth 10 skygold, you could trade it for 10 skygold." He's a failure as a businessman if he can't use his reputation to sell something for more than its worth smh...

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "If he had their gratitude and 10 skygold, that just meant he could buy a spirit liquid priced at 10 skygold." Again, he proves he's not a business man. With the gratitude of two rich scions, he could easily buy a spirit liquid worth more than 10 skygold for 10 skygold ;)

When I saw there were two swords, I was 100% certain that he'd be getting both. Of course, with that cliffhanger, its very possible that the regent's son won't be able to take the sword out of the wall, but Li Luo will be, and it'll turn out to be dual swords similar to Prince Zuko's.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    ["Come on, Sister Qing'e!" he yelled in encouragement.] lol. He changed his tune fast ;)

"Blade, come!" I'm really hoping that it refuses as a point of pride and forces him to go over and actually pull it out of the wall ;)

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't the MC having that blade make the people targeting his house even more desperate and brazen in their attacks on him? After all, the blade does the same thing the treasure they're trying to steal does, even if it probably doesn't do it as well.

19. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes? But no. Not desperate or brazen, at least.

I'd hazard that it would be only a bonus at best to those whom want the real prize, so it would not wet their appetite much more.

As for those who want the sword for itself, well, isn't that only Gong Shenjun at the moment, who just tried claiming it and was rejected by the sword?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I would think that it would be any duke level expert. Those below that level that might actually be a threat to the MC would/should know that they wouldn't be able to take the sword without its permission.