LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does Li Luo keep trying to start fights with Gong Shenjun?

"Which meant that he needed to consider the matter of his third resonance." He still hasn't fixed the problem from his second resonance, has he? I know he got the Royal Sap, but I didn't think he'd actually used it yet.

2. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one of the problems in this novel for me is that I am always confused about the state of his health and resonance. It is paced so weirdly and sometimes skipped. Like he got the cure, but maybe not all of it or it hasn't been processed or it hasn't been eaten. The problem seems to be big, but the solution doesn't seem to have big importance. When he eats them it treated as "and he got better". done. And there are a large number of chapters between him getting the full cure and actually using it, which makes it even more confusion - what is his current state? I honestly am always not sure :)

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the problem is that neither the author nor any of the readers every actually believed it was a real obstacle or had any real importance to the plot, which lead to the author treating it with that level of importance rather than the level it should be treated by the characters who don't know how inconsequential it is.

4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true. But it's treated like he lost a lot of power and potential and is kind of handicapped because of it - in terms of growth rate. Or at least it's supposed to be this way. But the author kind of forgot about it and nothing seems out of place. I just hope the author won't suddenly remember about it and create some kind of idiotic disastrous situation because of it later.

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does everyone keep saying that Li Luo prefers to remain low profile when he's been anything but since he got his first resonance? Yeah, he laid low when he was weak, but he's barely even pretending to lay low now that he's not.

"Light and dark are born the same, good and evil die the same." Sooo, we're going for cartoon villainy then. Wonderful.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "He likes to neutralize poisons, doesn't he? Let him try this one." I was mildly worried that this was just going to be Li Luo swooping in to save the day with his dual resonances, which would have been much more boring. Its good to see a villain learning from his failures.

7. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    So many Chinese's lost in translation words

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always left highly unimpressed by xianxia poisons. A good mundane poison will kill you before you even know you've been poisoned. The fastest of them will kill you in under a minute, nevermind hours or days.

jolly-crow likes this.
  9. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait... are you asking for logic in the xianxia novel ? you are asking for too much, aren't you?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really? I'm following two right now that tend to be fairly logical. Beware of Chicken and The Path of Ascension. Though, even without those, there's plenty of xianxia where poison is treated as being extremely deadly. It just always loses almost all of its power the moment it comes anywhere near the MC. Suddenly, the power that melts people into puddles in seconds takes hours to harm the MC and/or his people, for no better reason than that the plot demands it.

11. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are you trying to tell me that there are no arrogant young masters in those novels who start the fight first, get their ass beat and then call their family for help because "how dare someone be stronger" ? btw, they look interesting, but are they actually chinese novels? They seem like they are not, but just written in that genre.

About the poiseon - isn't that standard plot armor? Some cultivator because of his/her energy is able to suppress the poison, but not eliminate it and therefore has to rush to get the cure before it's too late?
    After I read in MGA how a person was perfectly alive after half of his head got crashed, but not the other half, I am not surprised by these anymore :D Well, I kinda stopped reading xianxia at some point. This novel (the absolute resonance) is not too bad. But we all know that the 5 year thing is nothing but a gimmick.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely not Chinese. That said, there are arrogant young masters, but things aren't allowed to escalate infinitely just because they lost a fight. The reasoning behind it is different in each series, but mostly comes down to powerful enough people making it their business to prevent things escalating beyond a certain point.

Oh, I'm not surprised by the poison being weak to the MC's plot armor. Just a bit disappointed every time it happens, especially when its as egregious as it is here. This poison is supposed to be able to take on people realms above the MC, yet he can stand around peacefully while mostly ignoring it and suffer almost no side effects. It just feels like the author is telling me one thing, but showing me something completely different.

13. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but no one has so much resonance! it's all makes sense! :D
    yea, I gave up on these novels. I am just skimming through them 100+ chapters at a time when I have nothing better to do on the way to work on the train.

jacobpaige likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did his parents leave him the manual instead of just leaving him a second wheel? If there were any dukes around that could be trusted, then there wouldn't have been a need for all that security.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the forging method of the wheel wouldn't be enough payment for the dukes. Sure, its only useful to people with blank palaces, but it allows them to pick whatever resonance they want to put into that palace. Either power that the two women represent would be happy to add the device to their collections and use it to rope in influential people with, shall we say, disappointing children.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gald he wasn't stupid enough to take her up on her offer to do it for free ;)

I'm hope next chapter isn't going to be a long winded introduction to those three nobodies :(

17. asampe_tae

asampe_tae Los Blancos

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls can I get the links to both novels you mentioned? Thanks

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They're on royalroad. BoC should be right on the front page. Not sure if PoA still is, but its easy enough to search for.

19. asampe_tae

asampe_tae Los Blancos

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I've found them.

jacobpaige likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Jing Taixu will believe he's engaged to the MC's fiance, or just be yet another admirer.

"He knew that cultivating at the brink of life and death" In what way is this cultivating at the brink of life and death? There shouldn't even be the slightest sliver of him that believes she would let him die in that cauldron. He still has her payment on him after all. It would be destroyed even before he was.

"There is no way to brute force this" Isn't that exactly what she's trying to do with the cauldron?