LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like he's going to have to purify each palace separately. I'm not sure if there's enough resources in the entire kingdom to drag all three up to 9th grade...

In a similar vein, if he has to get both to 7th grade just to match his fiance's cultivation speed, then he's going to need to get them even further than that to surpass her, which is the minimum he needs to not die. I wonder how he's planning to afford that. Or is he hoping that the third acquired resonance will allow him to surpass her cultivation speed and reach Duke before his lifespan runs out? Assuming he can even get his third before becoming a Duke that is. I honestly can't remember.

So, he's planning to tell people that he opened his second palace before becoming a Duke? That sounds like it'll lead to trouble honestly. Though, if that is his plan, then he should at least drag it up to a fourth grade resonance first. It'll be embarrassing to go public with it as it is now.

2. Greyman

Greyman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Good news: you can cultivate faster than anyone else, if you can afford it."

"Bad news: LoL, nope. No cultivation for you!"

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if he can't cultivate without the sap, then that just means he's going to get it almost instantly after entering the college. Possibly as a greeting gift from his new mentor. We can't have his cultivation speed dropping below his peers after all.

Also, since there are ninth grade purifying lights, that implies that there's a tenth grade that hasn't been mentioned yet. As such, I wonder how he's going to get the absolutely massive number of royal saps he'll need to purify three resonances to that grade.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Yu Lang was quite poor? How is he supposed to afford all that?

That aside, its awfully progressive of him to include men ;)

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not just make two rankings, one for each gender? Twice the money from the bisexual customers, and all the non-bisexual customers will be much happier.

"Oh, innkeeper, Sir, today my friend here is buying dinner. For the entire inn." lol. On second thought, maybe he shouldn't publish either book ;)

"Powerful factions would twist the work to suit their agendas one way or another." rofl

6. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    "With all these advantages, it shouldn't be too difficult to snag himself a Violet Vibrance mentor, right?"

Sure. What could possibly go wrong?

jacobpaige likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Even if you degrade yourself to a mistress, Qing'e would never agree to that! Just let me go, please!" lol. I love this guy XD

Greyman likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he already knows what happened, then that means he was standing back and letting it happen. Hardly the behavior of an upstanding member of rule enforcement.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm betting the positions have some meaning, and the MC is now going to be getting the attention/treatment that was supposed to go to the school's #1 freshman.

10. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather, if anyone tampered with the destinations, Qin Zhulu is going to be sent to any ill intention meant for him.
    Not suspicious at all. ... I'm sure it will be fine.

Either way, fun times ahead, for sure. On with the games...

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he's got a way to block the "cameras" or if he really intends to f' with the MC in front of everyone. Also curious how he knew where to find the MC when he'd (presumably) been teleported to a completely different area than originally intended thanks to the seat swapping last chapter.
    I think it was just a reference to the fact that he's Jiang Qing'e's fiance. The registration guy knew his name due to the associated rumors, but was failing to remember where he'd heard the name before.

12. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. It is now looking like the switch was a complete red herring.

Nicely played.

The author is getting good a subverting expectations. Got to watch out for that.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    ["I want a female mentor!" he declared righteously.] lol XD

I wonder if the audience heard their conversation.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so that's why the spot swapping mattered. Though, with Li Luo headed that direction now, I wonder if the beastial guy will wind up helping him out instead of just avoiding him.

"The light pillar should run out eventually." Why would it need to be over before the test is over though?

Greyman likes this.
  15. Greyman

Reading List:
    Link
    Qin Zhulu clearly is someone who shows gratitude and repays debts owed. Given how he reacted to being approached, and how everyone was avoiding him, I wonder if he's had much friendly interaction before?

Li Lou has already developed such good friends - no, more, Yu Lang, Zhao Kuo are loyal brothers willing to help out when he's in deep trouble -- in their own unique ways.

I'm truly liking how this story develops the side characters and gives them fun roles.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    jacobpaige likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really should have known better than to try the same ploy on her. Honestly, they should have come up with a different story beforehand to deal with any sharks they accidentally caught. Maybe he could have asked her out? He could probably have bought almost as much time, would have been much less likely to be incapacitated, and might actually have gotten a date out of it ;)

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "He'll have to settle for a Gold Gleam mentor at best. Once you start off on the wrong foot at the Astral Sage College, it's very hard to catch up later." How is Gold Gleam "the wrong foot"? Less than 1% of the students get Violet Vibrance mentors. Gold Gleam are still very high quality mentors.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "the beasts on the hilts biting against each other to form a bow of blue silver. He drew, and an arrow of fluid light appeared." He had to string it last time. Why doesn't he need to string it this time?

Just how pathetic is Duze that someone with a much lower rank resonance and lower cultivation being of roughly equivalent battle power makes his opponent "barely above average"? Honestly, I'd feel a bit sorry for him if he wasn't going so far out of his way to be an a**. Or is the mentor guy just being heavily biased in his evaluation of the MC here?

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like the author may be intending to pair those two together.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He was totally right to chastise that guy for showboating, and should absolutely chastise himself for doing the same thing not two seconds later.