Discussion Abyss Domination, opinions

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Shiroto-kun, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Shiroto-kun

Shiroto-kun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I'm thinking of starting Abyss Domination, and I wanted to get some reviews. Is it worth the time?

2. Einy

Einy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its pretty good but only like 10 chaps

Odorico and Ocarina like this.
  3. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    based off the current chapters: it was "okay" in my opinion because there was quite a bit going on, but it wasn't exactly interesting.
    the most tragic thing that happened? the dog died. wow.

4. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read the mtl version to ch8 and i can say that i have a very good impression of it...

Shame that the novel is only mtl-ed and almost no one take it for more than a year, so please by any mean take it!

5. Deleted member 43009

Deleted member 43009 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Please take it ::[

6. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxxכ

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read or TL it ? Which one ? Kawaii <3

8. ImJustTesting

ImJustTesting Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's worth the time. But in true it need to be translated since the beginning again

Odorico and Okuri Ookami like this.
  9. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I would appreciate it if you did. I read it as I did the MTL but before I dropped it I read a little ahead maybe 30 chapters and it's real interesting . I left it off at a crucial and epic section to tease a demand for a new TL from those that read the raws, but didn't go as planned.

I also recommend that as I made loads of mistakes lol

ImJustTesting, Xravia and Astaroth like this.
  10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    READ IT READ IT READ IT!!!

Totally worth, absolutely.

Ok so to actually give you some useful insights: If you have read The Amber Sword , the premise of the story is somewhat similar. Basically this, VRMMORPG in reality, MC players game, something happens, MC ends up in the equivalent fantasy world of the game. MC has taken over the body of a person from this other world, i.e. like transmigration.

However the MC still get to keep some of the advantages of the players, i.e. for him there's still a game system so he can see stats and spend experience points etc. NPC's have to train, but the MC can do both.

The MC know of some future events because he has played the game, and he has a little sister he's taking care of (they're both orphans), because of this the original Sauron (Yes, the MC's name is SAURON! :p) became a Rogue / thief for their survival.

But anyway, Sauron (MC) know of some future events, and basically there's going to be a catastrophe within a year or two, and he know he's not powerful enough. (Cheats are good, but you can only do so much.) and basically even Deities and Legend/Epic rank characters are going to die in the fighting, so Sauron has to plan for him and his sister to get away and avoid the epicentre so they have more of a chance of survival. (MC could possibly survive on his own since he's an experienced Rogue, but his 8 year old sister might not make it.)

So far I've only read some 70 chapters MTL, but I'm really liking it. (By the way, There's NO siscon incest or anything like that crap. Sauron just care for his adorable little sister.)
    who turns out to not be entirely helpless either since she's very talented

The first one or two chapters might be a bit rough, but since then I haven't felt like a single chapter was bad, and that's considering that I get stuck on skill names, monsters, and abilities and I just have to google them and look it all up so I get them right, even though it's not really that big of a deal. (I did stumble on some great finds while doing it though.)

I'm also going to give a bit of my speculation here, but I'll put it in spoilers, even though I don't really know anything at all. But of course I'm still kind of confident.
    Ok so "Abyss" is basically the world / plane or whatever of Demons (Chaotic Evil) and among other things they fight against Devils (Lawful Evil), but of course, true to their nature they also just like to spread chaos in general so they invade other planes and all that jazz... But anyway, so Abyss + Domination -> Dominate the Abyss. And the MC's name is Sauron. Anyone else who thinks the MC will become the Ruler or Lord of the abyss?

Worth to note is that this is heavily "inspired" by Dungeons & Dragons, if not directly, at least indirectly, by e.g. Never Winter Nights and Baldur's Gate.

The catastrophe in particular, the gods, names of creatures or monsters, skills, spells, classes, mechanics, etc can basically all be found at various sites and wikis.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Spellplague

And a link in Chinese (google translate it) which is just good to know in general, it might help you understand why sometimes names are really weird in these western fantasy (Qihuan) novels: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/2163454724?pid=29329902173&see_lz=1#29329902173

Edit: Oh and I forgot the most important link: https://lnmtl.com/novel/abyss-domination

It's a real shame nobody has picked up the novel, but don't let it stop you. You SHOULD read this. (y)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Okuri Ookami likes this.
  11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    No siscon?!?!? Dafuq

12. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything this person said +1 lol

13. darkrain1993

darkrain1993 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike the other half assed guys take it from someone who read the whole thing, it was an absolutely fantastic ride for me, if you are going to MTL this then good luck there are so many names which doesn't make sense (Unless you have played DnD, I haven't so I can't tell for sure) If you can go through that then you won't be disappointed. This is very well writren for a chinese novel, which I think is very rare. Although MC has a Gaming cheat he isn't strong from the start, the MC has no super convinient plot armor, MC is no genius but has more than sufficient smarts to avoid the problem he can't defeat now and plan on how can he do it later, and finally there is no super annoying young master whose only point in the story is show how cool MC is. If I have to make a comparision MC is like the MC of 'Gate of Revelation' just a little more evil and cold and less knowledgeable.
    But if you are going to translate this then please show these heathens what the Mt. Tai of the non-cultivation chinese novel is like. If you want to make a comparision it is similar to 'Warlock of the Magus World', but MC being lot less evil and more good...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Okuri Ookami and Astaroth like this.
  14. darkza1569

darkza1569 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ผมชอบนะ เนื้อเรื่องสนุกดี