Acer Factory reset disc doesn't work (recognise).

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by nick76, Sep 1, 2019.

1. nick76

nick76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to factory reset my Acer laptop, made a backup, have the resource disc that comes whit it but the com doesn't recognize the disc !! It says please insert the disc while it's clearly inside and doing the spinny thing.
    Is it bec windows isn't genuine build 7601 ???
    If not I'm at a loss of what to do. PLZ HELP

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not just burn a fresh windows disk without all the bloatware?

Does your cd drive recognize any disc? have you tried usb?

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you verified that you have the PC connect to a power outlet?
    Have you tried turn it off and on again?
    Have you check your BIOS to see if you still have windows installed or if factoy reset have deleted you OS?
    Have you considered ditching windows and installing a LINUX distribution like a grown up nerd should?
    Have you cursed Steve jobs and apple daily for the last 3 months? (not required but from experience this one helps a lot)
    did you have CD Drive up to date?

Milanin, jheno13 and Femme Fatale like this.
  4. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe your disc reader is damaged?
    If you can see it is
    then, perhaps you need to close the hatch first?
    Try looking at the disc. Is it scratched? Is it smudged? Is it even a disc?

Other than those points, I agree with the suggestion of: try a USB method if available.

5. nick76

nick76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Well, the disc Isn't scratched bec I just opened from its plastic wrappings.
    • It isn't smuggled bec I bought it from an electronics chain store like apple or Samsung but for all the electronics goods.
    • No, my laptop doesn't have Linux, never considered installing it actually.
    • The disc isn't damaged it has been in my drawer that has all the handbook manuals. No sunlight, No dust and most of all no Russian intervention as Trump likes to say. But it might bec next week Wednesday the Russian President is coming to my country for a memorial I think. (Battles of Khalkhin Gol) the one battle whit the most planes deployed. From what I know over 1200 planes, wiki it if you want to know more. Not sure if I'll ditch class to go see the whole opening seen or not.

6. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why do you need to flash the disk? is your bios really down? from what I know, there is really no point in flashing a laptop bios unless you want to have a external graphic card from your m.2 wifi slots. oh you need a nvidia card to power the internal monitor at about 60% efficiency, 80% in outer monitor. so Rtx 2080ti would become gtx 1660ti rtx 2060 super in internal monitor. (due to the pcie x4 slots).

just count how many physical ports you have and look for a similar bios online. It works most of time, if you flashed your bios and didn't back it up.

for window activation, you can check your windows activation key inside of your bios page. they should keep a log there just in case you lost it.

for firmware, window 10 will get it by itself when there is internet connection, a bit slow to update.

Edit:
    for changing mobile CPU, see the version or your CPU, (example a same i7 9700k there is the ES version for cheaper price, QS version earlier version of the CPU, other version include C0, E0, M0, R0 and more. some time Intel do those improvements quite late in the release so some of the PC already out in the markets are not compatible with those CPU, for desktop, it's quite easy, just give your mobo customer support a call and they will tell you what to do.
    For laptop, refund your CPU and get an older version or look for newer version of the bios for your laptop. There is really not much you can do, most online/retail store that sells cpu know this kind of problem and they would mostly change it for an older version of the same chips for you.

when buying chips there is always a risk of incompatibility with newer release, but you lose out in some minor bugs patch, or some really minor functions when you buy an older release of the exactly same chips.

a compatible chips that loss a tiny bits of a minor functions is better than a incompatible chips. It's best to change for a older chips. (Unless it's an earlier ES version of the chip they are a nightmare to even make it run. latter ES version should be okay most of time with just lower clock rate, but with overclocking, it's a normal chips.)

[​IMG]

you see the model, stepping and revision? it's pretty deep here, as some physical updates have a huge impact and some can be ignored and only cost compatibility issues. it's recommend to buy chips that is not younger than your motherboards production date to be safe when there is no major patch in the middle for laptops.
    for desktop just buy the latest release.
    some time intel cuts Connors in the later release to increase production efficiency but that's really really deeps, you might need years of research.
    Like how AMD lock cores to increase productivity and you can flash registry to unlock cores, R9 fury unlock to R9 fury X, a classic example for unlocking 8 cores.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  7. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Please activate your windows though $$$, though backdoor or though cracking. pretty sure you can do that in just one steps. upload_2019-9-1_21-2-6.png
    look a fully activated Window 10 enterprise.
    how hard could it be, you get firmware supports. and 24 hours Live chat/email/call supports. when you encounter any troubles.
    there are tons of advantage e.g build in anti-viral. non activated windows are usually for virtual machines, not for day to day use.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    nick76 likes this.
  8. nick76

nick76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks, I'll give it a go

9. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need an activated copy of Windows 10. With Windows 10, if you don't have a valid license, the only thing you can't do is change your wallpaper and desktop theme, and you'll have a watermark on your desktop saying that you need to get a valid key. That's it.

You get all the updates and everything else works as it should.

Do not get use a pirated version of Windows 10. Most pirated versions will come with malware.

10. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say cracking pirating windows 10.

You can easily crack the activation key, since windows 10 links with the Microsoft live accounts, all you need to do is crack the activation key once and you get an life time copy though your windows live accounts.

Get windows 10 from Microsoft, and try to crack the activation key, and wait for it to validate (internet access needed) , once it's valid. You get it forever.

There are some bugs in enterprise versions, but generally it's safer with more passwords protection. (your really screwed if you forgot the password. The only way to fix it is though online Microsoft live account and It administrator. But there will be no IT administrator, classic mathods such as Linux usb erase password don't worked. And Microsoft make sure/prompted you to change password every month.) they must have used an different files format, basically all your disk will be locked when you run with another system and doesn't even allow you to mount all you disk. Window 10 enterprise it self can be used as a virus when we install on another computer.

Windows 10 enterprise even ask for system when you view your Google Chrome/opera/firefox password list.
    And you have to have an password and password have to be changed every month.
    There is also better live chat supports.

I had tried professional version also, it's much smother. But less secured.
    Its basically windows 10 home with hyperV, so basically you can wsl2, docker and host vm machines.

I have yet use window 10 workstations, there shouldn't be much a functions.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  11. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you trying to do with the bio disk? External graphics card? BGA CPU upgrade? Costomize DIY mother board?

Im really curious, as laptop have limited upgrades and there isn't really any thing to do compare to desktop with the large pcie x16 slots to customize (like some A brand B450 mother board can support pcie gen 4 after flashing bios). All stock bios have all the opened ports, some bios have more slots than the physical ports.

Example: a laptop with 2 nvme m.2, touch screen port, 45pin display port, mouse pad port, 5 USB port and 9gen Intel core chipset. And an laptop with no m.2, no touchscreen, 3 usb port will have the same bios as it make productions easier.
    Some of them even use the same mother board just that without the header.
    Locally, from where I'm living, lots of DIYers actually soldering their own header back into their motherboard.

12. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    After multiple revisions of your op, I think I know what you mean. Really it have nothing to do with bios CD.

https://m.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

Maybe this will help, but this only affects bios.

After that you should order an hard disk straight from the factory, and ask them pre-install an OEM version of windows inside.

Edit: Usually factories have OEM version of windows 10 home for big brands like lenovo, Dell, as those companies don't make hard disk and they want system pre-installed inside to reduce their workload. It's one way to get windows 10 for free. But when you go to my computer and details you can some how see the lenovo, acer, Dell or what ever logo there.
    Screenshot_20190902_122254_com.android.gallery3d.png
    My windows 10 pro on acer laptop.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  13. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the PC isn't part of an AD domain, there isn't much purpose to running Enterprise. If you don't care about BitLocker, there really isn't much purpose to running Professional. For the average person, Home is enough.

Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise allow you to use BitLocker. BitLocker is whole disk encryption. It uses the TPM on your motherboard to decrypt the disk at bootup. That's why you can't use a Linux password reset tool or swap the HDD between computers. If you try to do anything to the disk outside of runtime, it'll be encrypted. Also, if your motherboard fails, so does your entire hard drive (unless you send your dead mobo and your hard drive to a data recovery company and pay a lot of money).

If you want to be bothered to enter credentials for everything you do, you can just change the local policy of the PC to force that. No reason to run a cracked version of Enterprise. I know that Microsoft will disable cracked or invalid keys for Windows Server. Not sure how it handles desktop. Since you lose basically nothing from running an unlicensed version, why even bother cracking it?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  14. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    I use it is more for Hyper v, as virtual box don't suit my needs, I have professional (oem key) and enterprise, but pro can't really do remote access, the function are limited (I use it for laptops). It use to run on window 10 home, but it pains me to not able to host a local (vm) server within my laptop so I upgraded it.

@Jeebus my keys are valid, as you see my desktop's screen it's activated though Microsoft live accounts instead of activation key.
    You have to crack a pc that have those unactivated keys than crack the key it self. That's also how I get adobe enterprise packages.

The thing about windows 10 is that not all pc that have a valid key have those keys activated and linked to an account.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  15. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said that exact thing in the second sentence of the post you quoted. That's literally the only thing you can't do with an unlicensed version of Windows. Even still, there are programs you can use to theme your desktop that sidestep that restriction, too.