LCD Acquiring Talent in a Dungeon

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zhen, Mar 11, 2017.

1. 1xLife

1xLife Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm, my first thought would have been to attempt abnormal human skills. Chi, qi, chakra, whatever you want to call it. Then I'd train dynamic vision/reaction time. Lastly, I'd attempt to get some sort of balancing talent. I think that combo could lay a good foundation, but what would your first three or four talents be?

Astaroth and zeus like this.
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes he could. Its called a cellphone. He in fact used an app to draw maps.
    2. He could read the book in the real world, and then practice in the dungeon (especially for math)
    3. He should know enough math to be able to try to work on math talent without a book too. (and we know for a fact math talent is a thing).
    4. He didn't even bother trying. This is after he explicitly stated his goal was to get talent to help him in the real world, and showing himself very dedicated to it
    5. He also has a willing partner that he could have practiced non lethal martial arts with via spars
    I disagree, what he has done so far is the bare minimum to be considered barely sapient. The fact is that everyone that is not the MC is retarded, which is why they did worse.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We've yet to really see what can constitute a talent. However the durability thing does sound a lot more likely in this story. I crossed some wires with "This tutorial is too hard" with the stabbing resistance or something to that effect. One strike from a sword is debatable on whether or not it'll be all it takes to win against another with an unknown skill set.The MC himself is a great example of this.

I don't believe the limit breaker tech was unique to him. Another person could use it to bypass a sword hit and move in for a strangulation, neck snap or hidden knife strike to the neck. Assuming the enemy with the sword doesn't have strong close combat skills without it.

4. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    Reflex improvement, maybe something alone the lines of anticipating and reading attacks on me
    Knife Talent for surprise attacks
    Blocking/deflecting attacks
    Vale Tudo. Immediately find some reading materials and then putting it into practice.

I think if i was limited to 4 to start off with that's what I'd go with.

1xLife likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    juggling, sleight of hand, athletics, and other such party tricks should be good basis for grinding agility type

1xLife and Astaroth like this.
  6. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    This does bring about a few things to consider, like just how generalized are these talents and how simple the author chooses to make things.. The punching talent certainly didn't give him talents pertaining to all forms of fist fighting. It's just thrusting his fists and a talent is generated for that. Reasonably speaking, any time when swinging a long object should generate a generic talent that could be applied to to anything under that scope. For a proper talent to develop, a specific task should be coupled with adequate knowledge on the techniques involved. But maybe the "god of the dungeon" is willing to cut corners ever so slightly for his benefit.

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When talents overlap they'll get both. Like reading English gives both Language Acquisition and English.

8. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, didn't some of the mobs on the 2nd floor have a poison that'd make you nauseous if you ingested it?
    Seems like aiming for a Poison/Nausea Resistance talent would have been easy enough.

Astaroth and zeus like this.
  9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think physical type resistances can be considered talents.

10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice.
    Rainbow Turtle is translating this so I don't even need to think about the quality it. It'll be good and have regular releases too.
    We shall enjoy this novel together!

11. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't Pain tolerance be a physical type resistance?

Besides, there are 2 types of poison; the first builds up in the body so more exposure to the poison makes your symptoms worse, while the second is flushed out of your body by your immune system and you gain antibodies that make it easier to resist that type of poison in the future.
    Although it's true the antibodies eventually die and you lose the resistance, how long they take to die, as well as how long they take to form and how many form, differs per person so trying to improve that in the dungeon might unlock a Poison resistance talent.

Edit: Also, deliberately starving yourself so your Hunger and Thirst hit 0 and your HP starts to drop then forcing yourself to keep moving normally would likely unlock Hunger tolerance and Thirst tolerance which would both be considered physical type resistances.

barashkafromro, Astaroth and zeus like this.
  12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Pain resistance is more of a mental type resistance. Using willpower and concentration to resist pain.

I realize that but "keeping antibodies alive longer" isn't really a reasonable talent for a person to have. That would probably fall under a Health stat or something.

I don't think that plan is likely from what we've seen so far. You might just gain a mental talent that lets you ignore the discomfort from being hungry or thirsty.

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That false evil talent... it's not actually false if you are doing actual evil acts in order to convince people you are evil. You would have to trick them into thinking you are evil without actually doing evil acts for it to be false

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the talent acquisition seems to look to what your underlining intentions are when preforming certain tasks. He himself isn't doing it because he enjoys hurting people but was a means to an end. Plus what constitutes as evil with his trick is debatable since they pretty much deserved it.

15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His intent is to do something he believes to be truly evil, for personal power
    Aside from the fact that this is a terrible and wrong excuse, the MC explicitly believes that torture is always evil

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the girl but the guy? He went in to have a fight to the death not to torture people. Plus he robbed the girl on top of that.

mrttao likes this.
  17. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    From his actions, he went in there to inflict pain to scare everyone into not fighting him. Plus the girl shot him with several pain darts and jumped on him to commence a beat down. Why wouldn't she deserve?

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about the MC or the tortured guy? This is why I said maybe the girl deserved it. On the other hand one might argue that she was trying to pay him back for the unwarranted torture he performed earlier.

mrttao likes this.
  19. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    But the underlining point is he wanted to scare them and make them think a certain way. In the eyes of the dungeon god there's a distinction between intent to scare while doing heinous acts and doing heinous acts for the enjoyment of it and having an attitude that the same as a greedy bastard. It isn't an excuse but how the rules of that place work in this instance. If he was evil i think he would have held them down, bind their mouths and start beating into them and stabbing them up with the sword. Its a conceptual difference. However, he did get the torture talent so there's a compromise.

barashkafromro likes this.
  20. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I had misread that. Well someone had to be the first victim plus he gave him an out. She could have been yes. However the thought of of her avenging anyone seems doubtful. She also could have been one who thought waiting it out was the strategic choice. When the battle began her movements were rather thought out, so her plan could have been wait until the strongest is on stage.