Recommendations Action-Fantasy Novels with Male Main Protagonist who is Similar to Hitman's Agent 47

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TrueHistoria, Oct 2, 2017.

1. TrueHistoria

TrueHistoria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About Charm of Soul Pets, I've read a bit of its reviews, then I decided that I'll pass on this for now. I don't like monster tamers who are only relying on their pets.

I'll check Reign of the Hunters some other time when I feel the urge to play with some chic.

As for Gourmet to Another World, I prefer some action, not battle with cooking, so I'll pass for now.

Rebirth of The Heavenly Demon, well, my impression is that he isn't.

The rest seem to be interesting enough.

Thanks.

SayMrrp likes this.
  2. ptbptb

ptbptb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems to be up still at a certain site (not gravity tales). Is it supposed to have been removed from the internet for licensing reasons or something? I won't link just in case, but Google knows all.

3. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    About Immortal Sun Mist Emperor Saga: Novus Magus, First, I dislike the point-of-view. Secondly, the protag seems to be just a normal boy who aspires to become great someday.

The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound, well, The protag's dialogues are few and yet sound so weak.

Immortal Executioner (Zhanxian), just like most of CN novels I've encountered, protags tend to puff up their chest and shout mostly when they speak.

Monarch of Evernight, well, a disappointment. He doesn't get things done ruthlessly and I felt he dosen't even have the balls to do so.

Thanks anyways.

4. Ice Demon

Ice Demon Arctic Demon Realm's Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking at the post to see if any of the recommendations would suit my own tastes when I saw your comment about Charm of Soul Pets. I recommend you read it. Since you said your okay with spoilers in an earlier comment I'll give you a few. I'll try not to give too much away.
    The MC at the beginning doesn't have a pet he can use, but he's been kidnapped and thrown into a deadly training camp. After he gets a pet he can use, its not strong enough to rely on only it to accomplish his goals, so he fights along side it. Later, he gets more pets, and with the pets being much stronger then people, he won't fight with them as much. However, somewhere around Vol. 2 Chapter 100 he learns how to fuse with one of his pets, letting him fight alongside them again.
    I hope you enjoy it.

5. adwaitv10

adwaitv10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Lazy King- MC totally indifferent
    The Lazy Swordsmaster - MC indifferent most of the time

6. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Thanks for the spoiler, I'll keep it in mind.

7. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already came across The Lazy King and it didn't quite suits. As for the other one, I'll check it out. Thanks.

8. lightmage5

lightmage5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nihilistic Blade in the hidden world, short fanfic that was dropped by author but for most of the story, mc has all the attributes you described but slightly less of a loner and eventually falls in love. Story is a cross between Naruto and Bleach so if you don't really know any of those you wont understand. MC is basically Ulquiorra so he is practically emotionlessly killing 99+ percent of the time. Just near the end he becomes slightly more emotional

9. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, the MC of ELCL certainly does not fit your criteria of stoic, but I just want to say that your impression is a bit wrong. He's actually quite humble. He's more along the lines of an SS boss who Acts like a small fry who puffs out his chest (and in fact doesn't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks of him). Like, everybody thinks he's a clown, and at one point a guy who can see the nature of souls takes one look at him and nearly craps his pants from the aura of pure evil emitting off him. He just doesn't bother to flaunt it.

Imagine having a crazy uncle who always acts hurt when you don't take his antics seriously. Except you don't know that that crazy uncle has actually killed several kingdoms worth of people and performed all sorts of human experiments. That sort of situation.

Certainly not stoic / indifferent though.

As for recommendations, perhaps:
    The Tutorial Is Too Hard : the MC is pretty level-headed and does his own stuff. He's taken up the habit of doing self-immolation to grind his resistances, and doesn't care that he's freaking everybody else out, so that's rather stoic / indifferent?
    Youjo Senki : I am Really not sure if this qualifies, but the series is excellent. Pre-reincarnation MC would probably fit your criteria of stoic/indifferent male MC, but then he becomes a loli. Still, she's quite ruthless on the battlefield. She does kind of care what others think of her, but mostly in terms of HR evaluation so she can be assigned somewhere more cozy. Otherwise, eh, other soldiers are meat shields to her. I say 'her', but in my mind it's still a guy...

11. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read The Charm of Soul Pets up to its 20th chapter. His pets seem to be doing most of the work, just as I suspected.

12. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already encountered it. A big disappointment is that he wasn't always alone getting things done. Just like what I've felt towards Star Rank Hunter: annoying side-characters are included in this one too.

Thanks anyways.

13. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    About Youjo Senki, as I've referred to my very first message: one included in my unpreferrable genre is 'gender bender'.

As for the other one, I'll check it out.

Thanks.

14. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? Maybe I'll check it out.

Thanks.

15. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the thing is, in Youjo Senki, there really is absolutely none of the hijinks you'd get from usual gender benders. MC never has any awareness as female. There is absolutely zero romance. -Nobody- makes a fuss of MC being female (there are other female soldiers too). In fact, to onlookers, you could say the fact that MC is a genius military child is of much bigger significance than his gender. The ones who approve of him treat him as a competent war hero (with the sort of respect you'd give to someone like... Napoleon or something. Maybe not that far, but there is no cheesy 'but she's a girl!' thing, the higher ups are very professional and evaluate solely based on skill and character). His enemies simply view him as a monster. When someone does think about his gender, it doesn't go beyond 'Huh, I have a daughter her age, what a shitty war.'

With the way the MC single-mindedly focuses on his military career and the novel being told in his POV, I really can't think of him as anything other than a ruthless middle-aged ex-HR career guy.

Then what's the point of MC being female? Honestly, it doesn't go beyond a 'Godamnit I was trolled!' thing.

16. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    About This Tutorial is Too Hard:
    1. The story is boring, many repetitions.
    2. The protagonist tends to make whiny dialogues in every situations. He looks like a NEET who loves to mumble while shaking his head in jeopardy.

Thanks anyways.

17. Kheper

Kheper Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the title and immediately thought of Xian Ni.

18. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut? The Tutorial Is Too Hard is one of the least repetitive dungeon stories out there. Did you only read the first few arcs or something? The later challenges are set in complex settings, and the story increasingly focuses more on different psychological situations than on raw combat.

19. Luckisnotexuse

Luckisnotexuse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgotten conqueror, Age of heroes

20. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Yes I'd just read a few of it but that's not my major issue, its about the protagonist which I've described in #2.