Recommendations Action-Fantasy Novels with Male Main Protagonist who is Similar to Hitman's Agent 47

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TrueHistoria, Oct 2, 2017.

1. TrueHistoria

TrueHistoria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Renegade Immortal is included in the list which didn't fit my prefs. Thanks anyways.

2. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgotten Conqueror is one of my favourites and I'll check out the other one. Thanks.

3. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You said the 'story' is repetitive, not the protagonist...

Besides, the protagonist is not repetitive either. The later challenges guide his personality in surprising directions. For example...
    In one of the recent arcs, just when recent events were seriously messing with the MC's head, he arrives at a challenge located at what seemed to be a holiday resort where everybody is extremely friendly. His mission is to locate and kill a certain target. At first he is completely thrown off by the friendly atmosphere, but he realizes that everyone is drinking this drink that allows you to sense other people's emotions, and everybody then resonates positive emotions to one another. He drank it too and thought that he'd really like to stay there for a few more rounds. But then he located the target and messed up.

The target controlled the crowd's emotions and they all turned hostile against him, nearly drowning the MC in waves of hostility, fear etc. MC in the end had to kill every single person on the island, including his 'friends' (whose dying emotions he could feel because of the drink), to locate the target(s), leaving himself an emotional wreck in the process.
    Seriously, compared to many LN protagonists who never change, the MC goes through some quite interesting character development. Unlike most LNs, it's quite clear he could use a good psychologist.

It's not necessarily what you're looking for, but repetitive? Hell nah.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  4. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Thanks for the spoler.

5. Sujihiko

Sujihiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

About the visual novel though... What are your comments in Katawa Shoujo... Just asking...
    BTW, you can try this: Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite.

6. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I've played Katawa Shoujo, so what can I tell is from what I can barely remember. While its protagonist doesn't suit my prefs, It has its own uniqueness compared to most VNs; by each of the character's appearances, personalities and their day-to-day struggles concerning their circumstances. The art also differs as well, I've learnt from the internet that paintings were used instead. This is recommended for the ones who would like a change of pace. Well, that's all. I'm not good at commenting I'll honestly admit.

As for Falling Inlove With The Villainess (Akuyaku Reijou ni Koi wo Shite), Sadly, its protagonist doesn't really suit my prefs as well. I've read it up to Chapter 40+.

Thanks anyways.

7. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
  8. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    You're back~

9. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Preggos

10. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey. . .you're @Disgusting.
    Welcome!:blobfistbumpR:

11. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, I'm back again.

My preferences were the same with little changes and I've made it a bit more clear.

I'm here again, asking for recommendations.

SquadCammander354 likes this.