Recommendations Actually Heroic MCs?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Dragon Devourer, Sep 30, 2016.

1. maartendcd

maartendcd New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Random people in their world's can be hero's/ "naive", but I've yet to see a heroic MC, except maybe in Japanese lns. Cn and Kr (but mostly cn ) Mc's constantly talk about minding their own business when seeing injustice, and only come to help if the bad guy starts talking shit and making moves at the mc, or if the one getting picked on is a hot girl. Ya they'll help their friends but even the most sordid villains will protect their own interests. At the same time I don't really mind. I already know I'm not reading a story about a hero, or even a particularly good person, I'm reading about someone who can survive in a dog eat dog world.

3. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    Worm (web novel).
    The MC is bullied so much that she gets superpowers, and yet decides to do the right thing and try to become a superhero instead of getting revenge. She's easily one of the most badass, interesting and heroic MCs you'll find.

5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, western authors are pretty good at writing heroes. It's why the anti-hero reactionary trend became such a big thing in the past decade