Picked Up Actually, I was the Real One

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by katofu, Dec 22, 2020.

1. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually really sad for the first wife and real "cosette". As tragic as things were for Keira, those two got f'd the most by Parvis and Keira's family's ambitious envy of the first wife. Also, the sheer cowardice of the Duke to protect his kin against his 2nd wife's family.

In my view, he is more the villain than the "demon" that prances around as Cosette. The Duke chose to vote to execute his Keira even though he knew she was his daughter. He only "reverses time" not out of guilt or despair his child is dead but because of the consequences executing Keira entailed. He indirectly killed both his children. First Cosette by failing to protect her mother when he knew she was in danger from his envious second wife and then Keira by authorizing her execution.

I find it very touching that Keira still arranged a funeral for Cosette's body after the demon's contract was broken. It's easy to forget amidst the daddy drama, Keira lost her only sister due to the scummy adults in her family. The Duke does not deserve "forgiveness".

Question:

How do things fair for those who were responsible for harassing the first wife and killing Cosette? i.e the second wife (Keira's) mother and her family. Basically her grandfather.

2. luzerious

luzerious Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently the author is not gonna follow the novel storyline so their might be romance

3. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope the "real" Cosette gets revived. I'd rather Keira reunite with her sister than forgive her pos "dad". The real Cosette was innocent. I understand why her mother made a pact with a demon after her husband failed to protect her and their child. The despair and agony she must of felt at the loss of her child must have been immense.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Reio, luzerious and Sutad Aatma like this.
  4. iamcutest1

iamcutest1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pavris my ass dude. He is father. He should give love. If he can't give love then why not get his children be adopted?? Children need love to grow and bloom beautifully. Keira was a good hearted child. As a father he should have given a damn abt his own flesh and blood. He srsly is another lvl jerk uk.. Our beauty Keira suffered cause of that father's mad head. He wasn't worth calling father. He cared abt his family neutrality shit farrrrr more than his own flesh and blood. It's not wrg caring abt neutrality but uk what u can be neutral by giving love too. Loving equally. Every parents love all their child equally atleast in this case he could have loved them equally but instead he chose to run away from the ppl who were dependent on him. He was just not good.

bmgy02 and i_am_here like this.
  5. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the reason the Duke is was so cold to Keira as a child was due to the passive-aggressive venting of his resentment of her mother and what she and his family did to his first wife and their child.

I mean his reaction to "Cosette" in the first life demonstrates he did have it in him to be a doting father [in his own way] and clearly had an obvious preference over the two girls. "Neutrality" my foot.
    His reaction to "Cosette" complaining him Keira had "hurt" (when really she had provoked Keira by claiming she was a child born out of infidelity and insulted her mother), rather than calm the situation. He chose to berate Keira in front of the servants and smacked her hard. Even after Keira told her side of the story.

To me demon "Cosette" was never the real villain, she was just a symptom. The real villain was always the scumbag Duke.

bmgy02, Reio, Chunin and 1 other person like this.
  6. dark_tsukki

dark_tsukki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get the Pdf please? I love this novel and I want to read it. (I don't have any korean language knowledge, am gonna use translator app)

7. Orphan Crippler

Orphan Crippler Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I don’t mind that there’s no ML, in fact I’m glad. I was hoping this would be more of a revenge-ish story, but forgiving the father after all his BS is just too ridiculous for me. What kind of meth is this guy smoking? Having to remain neutral in every aspect of his life is one of the most brain dead character motivations I have ever seen. It’d be great if the manhwa changes that part of the ending and leaves the father alone and broken

i_am_here likes this.
  8. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Keira's grandfather?

9. BubblesChocke

BubblesChocke Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series have a ML? I read someone saying it's not romance exactly

10. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Instead it ends in a full circle. Where she returns to the Parvis estate and "forgives" the shitbag Duke.

BubblesChocke likes this.
  11. BubblesChocke

BubblesChocke Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaaaaaa he was one of the worse parents I ever read, how can she forgive him?

i_am_here likes this.
  12. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's her desperate desire to "belong". The thing is due to how she looks and who her mother was.
    She wasn't even "hated" by the Duke he just had no feelings for her whatsoever apart from finding her "bothersome" even as a child that's why he ignored her.
    This is why it was ALWAYS going to be easier for "Cosette" to usurp her position as the "Parvis Princess" and gain the sympathy of the Duke based on how "Cosette" looks and who Cosette's mother. Cosette actually looks like the Duke - she has all the distinct Parvis traits that are red eyes and blonde eyes. Whereas, Keira entirely takes after her mother a woman that the Duke was basically forced to marry who is part of a family the he despises and were responsible for scheming to ruin his first marriage.
    Cosette has in favor that her maternal parentage is from the Duke's first wife, whom we are given strong indication that he cared for this woman and still has lingering attachment for her (pity he didn't protect her due to his moral cowardice).

So after going her own way and "traveling" with her brother, she still has a lingering attachment towards her old life and the father who clearly never really cared for her. She grabs any chance that he may have "changed" how he perceives her with both hands.

What makes ending more infuriating is that it needs to be reminded that the Duke didn't play the role as a passive bystander when Keira was executed. He actively supported and played an important role in the decision to have Keira executed.

On the day of her execution, his last encounter with Keira is to publicly defame and humiliate her directly as being a "fake" and calls for her execution, while arm-in-arm with the "real" daughter he chose "Cosette" he watches Keira's beheading which is something he VOTED yes for when a ballot on her fate was taken. All while he KNEW she was in fact his daughter!

This is why after Cosette's demon identity surfaces and the Spirit's are angered by Keira's execution. The main person everyone blames is the Duke. Because he made it apparent at the time to be actively involved in having Keira executed.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    loquentes ineptias, Chunin and layyu like this.
  13. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! ‏ɵ̷̥̥᷄ˬɵ̷̥̥᷅ u r an angel❤️

14. loquentes ineptias

loquentes ineptias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You said everything I want to express, thanks. I'll just add a bit more for those people who said it was fine since he "douchebag unworthy to be called father" was moving in accordance to his 'neutrality'. As someone had said before, neutrality can also be done by favoring/taking care of both sides, and he clearly was on Cosette ' the demon' 's side even before she proved herself (read the manhwa at least). There's also the prophecy, if even Keira can think that the other child might be fake who will bring disaster to the kingdom, so can he (or is the duke implied to be more stupid than her?). Neutrality is for a situation in which the kingdom is at peace, but when the kingdom is at stake, no matter who, and what status nor family values, they have, they must pick a side, to think of solutions to the kingdom's plight, because before he is a noble, a duke from the Pravis family, he is also a citizen or part of the kingdom. It's one of a noble's duty to protect and prevent a disaster from befalling a kingdom. His actions in the previous timeline, means that he was hiding behind 'neutrality' to favor Cosette who was the child of the person he loved who he failed to protect (due to cowardice and idiocy, if he just need to put up a pretense, he could've done things secretly, if other nobles involved with the case can cover it up so well that no one but Keira's grandpa and some others know that Cosette's mother was pregnant, he should be able to do the same, it was in the end, just an excuse, perhaps, he didn't even love her, just infatuation and some guilt after she died) and prioritized his name and reputation rather than the kingdom's safety and prosperity, which actually can be categorized as treason (and usually, treason is punished with death, lol, that 'dad' should've been the one on the guillotine not her, while Cosette 'the demon' should be purified).

layyu and Chunin like this.
  15. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the author now, finally, giving Keira an ML?.. Actually,

.......well I don't mind :oops:;
    just look at this manly adorable cinnamon we got here

[​IMG]

layyu likes this.