Feature Request Add tags for pedophiles male lead, rapists or molesters.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by wolfeng, Sep 29, 2019.

1. wolfeng

wolfeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When trying to look for romance novels, it's getting hard to find stories that I can actually call romance.

So many of the male leads are pedophiles in their 20-30 (or even in the hundreds) falling in love with 12-15 year old children, forcing them onto their bed or trying to touch them whenever possible. It's beyond disgusting and I wish I could have tags to help me filter out such characters.

Just to be clear, I'm actually ok with the age difference as long as the male lead is willing to wait instead of forcing themselves on the girls.

Ultrabenosaurus likes this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that using a tag name called pedophilia or something might have some issues concerning the ads on NU. I remember that the Adult Toys tag had to be changed to Toys due to similar issues.

Eitherway, yeah. Pedophilia as a tag seems good as similar to rape, it can be turn down for a lot of people. But I think that tags like younger love interests or something already exist. And they are pretty much PC versions of what you are suggesting.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  3. wolfeng

wolfeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The name can be changed since even if both parties are the same age, one side can still try to molest, rape, force their way with the other.
    All I wish is for a tag that can help me filter out such "love interest".

I've checked tags like Older/Younger love interests, and while they do cover some of that it doesn't really deal with the disgusting behavior that these characters present.

For example, in <<Genius Doctor, Black Belly Miss>>, the male character uses every chance he gets to touch the female lead with the excuse that they are "brother and sister", she never really had social interaction and just accepts his word. In <<King of Hell’s Genius Pampered Wife>> the first encounter between the female and male lead, he's in her bed trying to undress her while she's sleeping, and the "Older love interest" tag is not even present in that one.

Yet the same tag is also used in <<Risou no Himo Seikatsu>> where both parties are adults but still with an age difference, or in <<Arifureta>> with the teacher-student relationship, they deal with the age difference but not with the disgusting behavior presented from certain male leads. And if there is such behavior in these two stories, I'm sorry for using them as example, I haven't read them completely yet

Femme Fatale and Ultrabenosaurus like this.
  4. Ultrabenosaurus

Ultrabenosaurus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading a fluffy slice-of-life romance called Akuyaku something or other where the MC is like a merged personality of the original soul and a reincarnated soul that realises the original soul is a villainess, so sets out to crush the death flags.

It's made clear at the start that she's young but then ages aren't mentioned and lots of stuff happened and now she's in bed with her fiance, they're kissing and "petting" but no details really given. A couple chapters later author points out she's currently 7 years old or something. Also doesn't help that the current cover art makes her seem in her mid-teens at the youngest. It's one of those "her soul is older because she reincarnated so it's fine" type of things, I think. But if they're kissing and petting when she's 7, I don't want to know what else they'll get up to before she's actually of legal age.

Safe to say I'm not going to be reading any more of that, and would very much have liked a tag that told me in advance there would be paedophilia content so I could avoid it. It has tags like "child protagonist" and "early romance" so maybe I was just being naive, but seeing them didn't make me think "oh it's paedophilia" at all. There needs to be a tag that absolutely can't be misunderstood.

Femme Fatale and wolfeng like this.
  5. Deleted member 174749

Deleted member 174749 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I need a pedophilia tag to filter out such stories containing them too... so far, I've been doing this by utlizing the lolicon tag...