Spoiler Adding tags to novels preemptively

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Milanin, May 25, 2020.

?

Does it count as a spoiler?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Partially

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. A poll! Yay!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. I like selecting extra options

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!

First off a TL;DR: Stuff happens later in the story which would require adding a new tag.

Just wondering, is it a spoiler if you add a tag to a novel's summary before the translation reaches the point where the tag becomes relevant?
    Warning:
    The names I'm using might not be the ones the translator is using, mostly because I've been reading this story on and off from raws and never checked out the translation.
    Any spoilers are within spoiler cases and there is a double spoiler in the explanation story for why the tag will be required. Read at your own behest.

Case in point:

Novel: Kanzen Kaihi Healer no Kiseki

Returning from Another World

Why I'm asking if it's a spoiler: Because it's a thing that happens in volume 6 of the web novel, a.k.a. 第六章 魔法陣の扉, while the translation by NyxTranslation is on the latter half of volume 3 ( v3c18 at time of writing).

In the sixth volume, Hiroki and Lucia encounter a group who captured Ren and Ruri in order to sacrifice them to gain magic power because they don't have much on their own, while King Joseph (the king that summoned them in the first place) just used those people in his plan to sacrifice MC and his group to summon a more obedient bunch of heroes from the other world by using a magical door's gimmick. The plan however backfires on the King as they beat the crap out of the bunch and corner him. Another of the group then appears, leading them to the bottom of the dungeon, where they fight off once more with another victory for our heroes. But then, the gimmick of the door gets activated forcefully by the King. The forced gimmick is to chain up whoever is in front of the door and drain them of their magic power. But Hiroki already has the items to activate it normally, he overrides the forced gimmick by activating the normal method, which then forces a battle with the doorkeeper. By the end of that battle, because of the shock wave of the last attack, Ren is stuck partially sinking into the door's portal surface, from which Ruri and Hiroki try to save him but get pulled in instead.
    They return to Earth, meet up with some folks and return back to the isekai where they're told the door can now be used to go between them at will with Hiroki being the "master" of the door and the rest his "guests".

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel free to add them. Tags are spoilers by nature, anyone reading the tags should be aware that they might be spoiled.

Think like this: Even if a novel's translation already reached a the point in which the tag is no longer a spoiler to current readers, it will still be a spoiler for new readers that just checked the novel's page.

So... Don't worry too much and feel free to add the tag as needed.

PS: Other users might see the tag and feel confused about it, so they might remove your tag because as far as they know, the tag is a lie. At that point it's up to you to add it again or not.

runsing likes this.
  3. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    tags help people find novels they want. it can also be used to avoid things they don't like.

too many tags on a novel, on the other hand, can make a novel not showing up in a search, or showing up too often. i prefer moderate amount of tags, and only for the most signifant to the story.

regarding OP's question, yes, all tags are spoilers. but it is still something that a novel should have. in the case of that particular tag, i vote for it to be there, for i've seen a lot of thread asking for such occurence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.